Search results

1. Venthros

A list of Youtube channels that focus on RPG Maker.

My apologies for the necro, but I just wanted to say thanks for adding my channel to the list. I regret that I haven't had/made the time to stay active in this community, but that will soon change.
  2. Venthros

January Goals & Progress Thread

@Schlangan: Good point. I guess "from scratch" wasn't the best way to put it. I don't have any "problems" that I want to solve with a script as of now, but I'm sure something will come up. I'm thinking of just trying to alter some things for now to build my confidence.
  3. Venthros

January Goals & Progress Thread

I'd like to write a JS plugin for MV from scratch. I'm familiar with JS as I'm a budding web designer, but I really want to write something usable. I have a ton of ideas for videos for my YouTube channel I'd like to put together and get up this year. I'd also like to write a story and timeline...
  4. Venthros

Organizing Maps

I learned something new here. Thanks for this. I just accepted that you couldn't have the control to put the maps in whatever order you wanted.
  5. Venthros

Organizing Maps

Maps are given an ID number when they're created, and maps are always sorted by this number...oldest to newest.  Even if you nest maps within eachother to make sub maps, the map with the lower ID number will always be above the map with the higher ID number.
  6. Venthros

Help me out naming my RPG Maker Tutorial videos

Personally, I'd keep your YouTube name the same. It'll make it easier for people to find you here if they need to. As for a name, I have nothing useful. My tutorial videos are on a playlist called "RPG Maker Tutorial Series".  I kind of like the pirate theme that the others have suggested...
  7. Venthros

What is your most anticipated game coming out this year?

I'm really looking forward to Dishonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Horizon: Zero Dawn (assuming it actually comes out this year). I really don't think we'll see Zelda this year...but if it does come out this year, I will have it.
  8. Venthros

Need help expanding on story

It might be cool, at the start of the game, to have the player control one of the people who invaded the castle and killed everyone.
  9. Venthros

Need help expanding on story

Does the prince meet any friends along the way, other than the one who betrays him? Maybe expand on their stories a bit, and let the player help them accomplish certain things that they need. Maybe there's a character who is renowned as a good fighter, but won't join the player until ________ is...
  10. Venthros

Games you think are underrated

God, yes! Circle of the Moon is absolutely underrated, especially compared to HoD and the others. It's such a great game.
  11. Venthros

Games you think are Overrated?

Good idea!
  12. Venthros

Games you think are underrated

Well, we have a thread about overrated games. Let's talk about underrated games...any genre. Someone might find a gem that they've never played before in this thread! EDIT: Didn't include mine! What a clown! The first one that immediately comes to mind, is Vagrant Story for PS1.
  13. Venthros

Hello! New in this world!

Welcome! Feel free to reach out if you need help with anything. Plenty of helpful folks around here!
  14. Venthros

Greetings

Welcome! You'll find more than a few people who are passionate about using RPG maker here. Reach out if you have any questions, there are a lot of people here willing to help!
  15. Venthros

RMMV C++ (Windows) Launcher 1.02 Updated 1 9 2016: Disable Alt+F4, integrate with Steam API, etc...

It's in C++ because it's a launcher for Windows. Windows is almost entirely written in C++ (also C and C#).
  16. Venthros

Equipment can be overcomplicated

I might be in the minority here, but I think any system can be as complicated as you want it to be. The key is finding a way to explain everything to the player in a way that makes it easy to understand. Some games in the past have gotten this right (Disgaea series) and some have gotten this...
  17. Venthros

Games you think are Overrated?

@IceMan PJN: What's wrong with Playstation controllers? @amerk: I have a wireless Logitech PS2/PS1 controller and it's amazing. Very high-quality, batteries last a long time...wouldn't trade it for the world!
  18. Venthros

Advice you'd give to your past self about your first project

Draw out a plan and timeline for completion of each phase of the project.  Storyboard major scenes ahead of time. Slow down.
  19. Venthros

General concensus (opinions needed, please read)

I agree with Andar, what's really going to set your game apart is content.  Out of the box, MV supports exporting to Android, iOS, and HTML5 on top of a regular .exe. As mentioned above, this broadens the potential audience. Since you have MV, I'd work with that. 

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
How do i make profile picture
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitHat