Search results

1. AtlasAtrium

Slow Cutscenes

This wouldn't be as much of a concern if I didn't have battles! Interactive movies, visual novels, and walking simulators all have their own categories (though I suppose there's also puzzle games but slowness is usually par for the course in those). The troop event thing is a nice idea though...
  2. AtlasAtrium

Slow Cutscenes

@Kes Ideally I'd like to not open slowly (though I can never figure out for the life of me how to pull it off to my own satisfaction)! While the opening hook is a definitely important, the overarching dilemma was more about having that slower pacing be something more persistent throughout the...
  3. AtlasAtrium

Slow Cutscenes

After a bit of poking around, there at least seems to be some kind of vocal consensus that cutscenes with a lot of talking are mostly palatable only if there is something else to hold it up, like motion on the screen, having something funny or interesting happen, or major story relevance...
  4. AtlasAtrium

VNMaker Community Review of IGMC 2017 Contest

Sin, context is definitely important, however, context or not it is certainly still true your online presence in the discord essentially boiled down to 'hey, I'm going to smacktalk every single entry and developer, isn't that funny?' Maybe you or some other people found it to be funny or...
  5. AtlasAtrium

RMMV All IGMC2017 votes and results in a spreadsheet

@Frogboy I'm sure you've probably made up your mind, but it's seriously disingenuous to say 'something really easy' is what will fare well in the contest. You can have the most interesting concept in the world or the most advanced game mechanics you can muster within the engine, but if the game...
  6. AtlasAtrium

RMMV How do you feel about your game looking back?

Along with InazumatheLightning, we made Star Child! What would you change about your game? Oh boy. . . everything, I guess? I was so focused on fitting the game's story into the hour limit that I felt like everything suffered in some way as a result, perhaps it would've been better off if I...
  7. AtlasAtrium

RMMV Indrah's IGMC2017 Let's Plays and notes. 50 games and counting

haha, im glad you think it'll do well! and if youre interested in a thread like that i suppose you could always make one yourself :0
  8. AtlasAtrium

well, the top 20 is decided at the very least ;j
  9. AtlasAtrium

RMXP IGMC Short Reviews (for everyone to participate)

@Rubescen Ah that makes sense :V Good to know, all those issues are pretty easily fixable! (well, except for the fact that it's turn-based battle but that's not exactly possible to get around at this stage) Might patch it up after the contest with that in mind. Thanks for your feedback!
  10. AtlasAtrium

Remove Random State on Hit?

Hello! \(´ ▽`) I'm looking to implement an ability that follows as such: Deals damage -> Removes a random (beneficial) state affecting the target, checks the ID of the state that was removed, and then based on that ID, inflicts a different state (that prevents that specific beneficial state...
  11. AtlasAtrium

@Rubescen Hello! o/ Star Child was my entry, I've been looking a bit of feedback so I was wondering if you'd like to expand more on why you didn't enjoy the combat! (I would've liked more weapon upgrades but I didn't really have the time to fit in more e_e)
  12. AtlasAtrium

I played a bunch of entries, so I might as well drop these in! Darkness of Hope - The Pocket Watch Not Recommended Caterpillar Not Recommended Dear Edwin Not Recommended A Fool's Choice Recommended The Midnight Train to Nowhere Mixed The Lost and Forgotten Not Recommended Once...
  13. AtlasAtrium

Pixel Battler

o/ Heya! Just dropping by to say that I saw your work in the High Chivalry entry for the IGMC and I have to say I'm really impressed with the pixel battler animations! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on you if I ever get some money for commissions haha :D
  14. AtlasAtrium

defeated by cuteness OTL guess i know what im doing next contest (shot)
  15. AtlasAtrium

Ayyy! When you were playing Star Child, you mentioned that it wasn't to your tastes as much because you prefer more character driven games but tbh I'm the same way >.> I wish I could've done a lot more with the characters but I was hyper-focused on trying to fit the story I wanted into an hour...
  16. AtlasAtrium

[IGMC 2015] Kazimir

Thoroughly enjoyable game with well developed and engaging combat mechanics combined with a challenge that you don't usually see in rpg maker, aside from a few passability and balancing issues (last boss needs to be tougher :P ), I found the demo's narrative and dialogue to be interesting as...
  17. AtlasAtrium

Visibility Range Priority?

I really like using both Yami's Overlay Mapping script and Galv's Visibiltiy Range script, but Galv's script does not affect any mapping level higher than parallax and I was wondering if there was a way to fix that? I'm assuming that this is possible, since things like pictures have priority...
  18. AtlasAtrium

Conditionals (XaiL Teleport)

The issue has been resolved, no need to answer anymore.
  19. AtlasAtrium

Conditionals (XaiL Teleport)

So I've been using the Xail System - Teleport script... http://niclas-thornqvist.se/rpg/scripts/ace/xs-teleport.txt ...and there's a section that lets you set the animation id. However, I can't figure out how to make it so that a different animation play based on a variable in my game. The...
  20. AtlasAtrium

Spirit Dancer - Humanity Falls

Thanks again for sticking around ^^ I'll make sure to fix what I can (If you never saw the circles that probably means you never used any of the skills you had >.> Also, I have no idea why the vending machine would crash, all it does it shop processing)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
How do i make profile picture
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peem9262