Search results

1. Matseb2611

Snares of Ruin 2

Buy on Steam: $6.99 (click the button below) Features: A sequel to a largely loved detective story with romance, this time taking place in another city. Choices and consequences. Your choices will affect the events of the story and the level of trust the others have in you...
  2. Matseb2611

Big 5 Personality Model

I don't think there has been a topic on this one here (we've had a topic on MBTI, which is another good personality test), but Big 5 doesn't seem to be quite popular (although it's a lot more popular in the scientific community). Is anyone familiar with it and do you find it helpful? I've ended...
  3. Matseb2611

Snares of Ruin Zero

A prequel to Snares of Ruin, showing the infection outbreak and other harrowing events over the course of 2 weeks leading up to Hank's and Gwen's arrival in the city. Follow the story from the alternating points of view of 3 ladies from the first game - Miroslava, Medina, and Alzyra. A short...
  4. Matseb2611

Matseb's MV Resources (SV Battlers, sprites, etc)

Hi everyone! I kept meaning to start a thread for my MV stuff, so here we are. I have an old thread with a tonne of stuff in the Ace resources subsection, so be sure to check it out as well if you haven't yet. So in this thread, I'll be posting MV-related resources. A lot of these appeared in...
  5. Matseb2611

Pegasus-5: Gone Astray

Trailer: Features: Follow an intense and thrill-inducing sci-fi story set in outer space! Choices matter – The choices you make have an impact on events in the story and how other characters feel about you. Relationship building – What you choose to say or to do will cause you to win or...
  6. Matseb2611

Shuffle Scuffle - a browser game

Heya guys. This is a small browser game I made over the past few weeks while in between large projects. It is free to play on Kongregate, but it makes its revenue from the ads, hence why it's here in the commercial games forum. So you can jump in and play it at any time. Trailer preview...
  7. Matseb2611

Snares of Ruin

Features: A detective story with choice and consequence, set in a modern day urban fantasy world. 6 female characters to romance, all unique in some way, ranging from a sexy vampire to a cute elf! Build romantic or platonic relationships with the ladies in a variety of ways: dialogue options...
  8. Matseb2611

MV games on Mobiles - worth it?

Heya all. Was very curious if anyone here on the forum has made a commercial game with MV and exported it to mobiles, and if yes, then what are your experiences? Is it worth the hassle (considering it's a bit of a lengthy process to convert it all)? What are the sales and exposure like? Is it...
  9. Matseb2611

Removing Character Level from Menues

Hi. I'm trying to find a way to remove character level from the menues since my game doesn't use them. I managed to use a main menu plugin (Galv's Bust Menu) where I hid the level from the main menu, but it's still remaining in the Skills menu. Is there a way to remove it, perhaps via a small...
  10. Matseb2611

Renegade Grounds: Episode 1

Buy links: Features: Not your typical fantasy setting. Medieval look and non-human races, but more with a modern day dynamic – gangs, crime-infested slums, city councils instead of kings in castles, and science instead of magic. Strategic turn-based battle system which includes skills with...
  11. Matseb2611

Trying to play MV games - white screen, won't start

I've come across an issue when trying to play any game made in MV which I download from this site or another. I don't have any problem (at the moment) running MV or playtesting my own project, but whenever I try to launch someone else's game, the window just opens and hangs in a white screen. I...
  12. Matseb2611

Mercury: Cascade into Madness

Buy Links: General Features: An urban sci-fi cyberpunk setting, taking place in a crime-ridden city where vigilante justice is a common occurrence. Choice and consequence. The choices you make will have an impact on the world around you. Similar skill progression system to City of...
  13. Matseb2611

Audio File encryption and new EULA

Not sure if this is the right section to post this query in, but I've just bought the Creature sfx pack and I noticed the EULA is now different slightly to the older packs. Most notably, there's this line: "Resources may be packaged with commercial or non-commercial games and shared as long...
  14. Matseb2611

Your favourite modern game soundtracks

Was talking to @JCBrickston yesterday and the topic of game soundtracks came up which got me thinking. We all love the music from the older games, like the FF series and music from SNES/Genesis era. But what about modern soundtracks? So I thought I'd start a topic. List here your favourite game...
  15. Matseb2611

Atonement 2: Ruptured by Despair

Trailer: Buy here: STEAM - $5.99 / £4.79 General Features:   ·      Direct sequel to Atonement: Scourge of Time. ·      Explore the alternate timeline, where the final outcome of the first game took a grimmer turn. Characters you’ve known already will not be the...
  16. Matseb2611

Outrage

Buy here: On Steam General Features: ·      Build a team of vigilantes and undertake missions in the city to deal your own brand of justice! ·      Choose your missions wisely, for you have a limited number of days between the main story tasks. ·      6 different vigilantes to choose...
  17. Matseb2611

6 Different Types of Boss Fights

I’ve been thinking a lot lately about different boss fight designs and I kind of realised there are mostly a few set categories where most boss fights in turn-based combat games fit into. Moreover, if you understand what each category represents, you can then both make some interesting boss...
  18. Matseb2611

City of Chains

General Features  - A dark sci-fi set in a large, dystopian city.  - 4 leading protagonists, each with their own skillset.  - No levelling up or experience points. Acquire skill points by making progress and use these to learn new skills and passive bonuses for each character.  - Enemies can...
  19. Matseb2611

Wild Steam - Incorrect sprite movement

Hi. I've come across an issue and I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm using the new character models with the new scripts included to make sure all spritesheets are used. It works perfectly on the player character. But when I set an autonomous movement to an NPC, they fail to move more than...
  20. Matseb2611

Recommend me some Sci-fi RPGs

As a fan of the sci-fi genre, I am interested to see if there are any good futuristic/sci-fi RPGs I've missed. There seem to be much less sci-fi RPGs out there than medieval fantasy ones. This goes for all game types: triple A, indie, RM, paid or free, etc. Just a few things to take into...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.
Me: anime is okay. There are a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones but the good are worth it. Brother: if you bring anime anywhere near me I'll break your nico nico kneecaps
Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinion