Search results

1. CalebW

Anonymous Video Game Poll

Hey everyone, if you get a second do you mind taking this anonymous google video game survery? Just getting ideas from neighboring communities on what platforms they prefer for gaming and what content they like. https://forms.gle/9S77UPV9LFns3PvZ6
  2. CalebW

Animated Static Front View Battlers w/o plugin?

Is this even possible? All I want to do is take the enemy and have it rotate between three pictures like a stepping animation within the battle. I can't figure out how to do this without using a plugin. (I'd like to stay away from plugins if it is possible.)
  3. CalebW

Jumping Event Help

Hi all, I'm trying to make an event (parallel) that allows the "player" to jump 1-3 spaces in front, behind, or to the side of them using only the event system. Does anyone have insight on how to make this work? Here is what I currently have working. Jump Variable changes from 0 to 1 when the...
  4. CalebW

RMMV Outbreak - Horror RPG

5. CalebW

Parallax Mapping Questions for MV

If you Parallax all the maps within your game, do they smoothly export to mobile game builds? I feel my game may be best built using parallax mapping but if that loses mobile exporting capabilities, then it may be for nothing.
  6. CalebW

RPG MV - Nintendo Switch

By chance, does anyone have insight into what the full technical differences will be from the RPG maker MV computer version compared to the RPG Maker MV that is releasing on the Nintendo Switch next month? I'm interested in getting it, but part of me has the idea it will only be RTP assets that...
  7. CalebW

Needing Community Input

Hello there, After talking with people on discord, the forums, and other locations it has come to my understanding there isn't strong enough in depth MV editor tutorials for those just starting out. My question to you is, what is something you would like me to cover that could help new people...
  8. CalebW

Is this a feature of RPGMV?

I remember owning RPG XP a couple of years ago, and having the capabilty to link maps together so that during gameplay the travel was seamless from one map to another. However, I'm not seeming to find that option in RPG MV. Am I just blind?
  9. CalebW

Caleb's Sprites & Battle Animations

Hey RPG Maker's, I have been practicing creating sprites as I'm in creation of my own game currently. I noticed... there just wasn't enough monster sprites for 4 - way animations. Now there are a few amazing creators that have them, however, I wanted to offer some to the community as well...
  10. CalebW

[Solved]Missing Tiles?? Or layer issue??

I built this map: The passage works like if the chairs are there, so I can't walk behind where the chair would be. It's baffling me what is wrong. Solved Edit* To anyone new a 1500x1500 canvas wont read properly in the MV editor. I did not know this.
  11. CalebW

RMMV Heavy Roleplay Game idea

Hoping to get some feedback of which seems more interesting. Idea 1) You are a solo character with the choice of 4 classes. For now we can say Knight, Healer, Mage, and Monk. The world is built around the character you choose as well as the gameplay. So, let's say you choose a Monk, you would...
  12. CalebW

Zelda grass cutting mechanic?

I was looking through plugins and events and saw @Galv has a projectile plugin. But expanding on that idea, is there any plugin or way to event your character doing a movement animation and then an action occurs? The simplest example is when link swings his sword the grass cuts with a small...
  13. CalebW

[Solved] Streamline performance for events?

Hello RPG makers. I was wanting to set up a room with lets say 75-100 events, to simulate hidden rooms but all contained on the same map. Will this many events degrade the performance of the player and if so is there a way to streamline the performance so that lag doesn't happen when loading...
  14. CalebW

CalebW's resources MV Sprites

First and foremost please thank @hiddenone, @IceKun , and @whtdragon for their generator parts. Without them half of these wouldn't be possible. Additionally @Zinx10 for the gradients on the hair. I wanted to take some time to put together Sprites, Faces, Walking, SV, and Damaged units for...
  15. CalebW

Show Text issue.

I recently have encountered an issue where word wrap is filling my text box until it is full, and then it doesn't go to the next text box to continue to words. The plugin I'm using is @Yanfly Message core. Any ideas? Here are screen shots.
  16. CalebW

Making custom battle animations

Does anyone have suggestions for software to use to make battle animations? I saw the pixi editor, but that exports a .json, which means running a separate plugin to import those files. I'm more looking for a editor that can play around with particles and images but exports as a sprite sheet...
  17. CalebW

Conditional Branch Common Event Help

I'm going to be as detailed as I can, but I want to make sure I am thinking about this correctly. For balance reasons let's make Actor Damage = 10 DMG and Enemy Defense = 10 Defense Start Battle : Common Event (Var Set) : Set Xyz variable of Actor 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 = 0 Turn 1 Option A: Skill...
  18. CalebW

Poll on Timed Attacks

This poll is in reference to the plugin by @SumRndmDde : Time Attacks Clocks + Timed Attacks Action Sequences +Timed Attacks Core Between these plugins I have the closest way to having a "Legend of the Dragoon" Battle system, however... I wanted to see the communities thoughts. As I can always...
  19. CalebW

Working Weather Events

If you want to add weather to your game, the plugin needed for this will be MOG hunters Weather_Ex plug-in. Additionally you will need the pre-built “weather folder from the download moved over into your game folder where img, js, audio, etc are. These will be the images you call. The 3rd page...
  20. CalebW

Floating / Flying sprites

Hello everyone. Is there a easy way with the movement system to tell a sprite to float or fly continously? What I would like to do is program birds flying in the air on the overworld map, however my only thought was using the jump command in the custom movement. Any thoughts?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

zomboars.jpg

Concept art

Zomboars- main enemies in my story
mutant pigs addicted to beer
SF_People1_3 added!
index.php

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chonkycat