Search results

1. Lemur

You Type Too Much

My recent conference talk just got posted. Could be useful to a lot of people here. Fair warning, the cameraman left autofocus on so some areas are obscured. The git repo I link to in the comments has all the information and slides that reference everything, so that should cover those holes...
  2. Lemur

Back into Space Art

Back playing around in Photoshop making some space art. Been quite a while. http://baweaver.deviantart.com/art/Requiem-Refactor-590060247 http://baweaver.deviantart.com/art/Sanctum-589481848
  3. Lemur

Testing / NPM / Transpiling

Fair warning ahead of time on this post, this is going to range far more into production Javascript practices I've used at work. So then, to start off with, what is the general stance towards testing? To cover mine: What is testing? Whenever I'm writing any code I want to be sure works...
  4. Lemur

RGSS Improvements

I know I'm not the only one thinking this, so it'd be nice to get a list down of features that'd be great to have in RGSS (4?) that would transition it to a much much more powerful system. Here's an outline and brief for each point I'll make. Open Source - By opening it, you allow other devs to...
  5. Lemur

Old School RMer lurking about

Not sure if anyone here even remotely remembers some of the really old sites like Kobra's Realm, RRR, and the others from back in the RM2000 to early XP days but I have the same screen name here as I did there. Fast forward to today, I work professionally as a programmer using Ruby and...
  6. Lemur

Any Fulltime Programmers out there?

Curious to see how many full time programmers there are hanging around here. I'd mentioned it in other places, but I got my start some time around 12 with RM2000 and only later realized that Ruby was the language behind XP + after I'd been working in it for a year or so. Professionally I'm an...
  7. Lemur

Youngest Age Recommended?

I'm starting to muse on it a bit myself. I ended up starting programming through RPG Maker 2000 or so some time when I was around 12 or 13 if I recall. I'm considering trying to get my younger brother started on it some time, but as he's only 8 now I think it's a stretch. What's the youngest...
  8. Lemur

Aversion to Git?

Started RPGM somewhere around the 2000 versions way back when, and realized the scripting system for the new versions was in Ruby. Amusingly enough, I work professionally in it. Call it a nostalgia trip that I'm around looking through scripts a bit. I've noticed something odd though. It seems a...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snorlaxbelly