Search results

1. prexus

rpgmaker.net

rpgmaker.net
  2. prexus

Ruins of Rydos [Demo Available!]

If you haven't yet (I haven't read your thread) you should drop those gradient health bars for something more representative of 8-bit. They look madly out of place.
  3. prexus

PRX Ace - Character Shadows

Sorry for the double post, but I have updated the script to include a feature mentioned above. Making the first character of an event name a $ will make the event have a shadow opposite of the default. If the default is to not have shadows, they will have a shadow. If the default is to have a...
  4. prexus

Yeah, you are probably right. I think there are some pretty major balancing and behind the...

Yeah, you are probably right. I think there are some pretty major balancing and behind the scenes changes in WotL though which I can definitely feel when I play it. The translation is much better, for sure, though.
  5. prexus

My best advice with FFT is to play the original PSX version if possible. War of the Lions makes...

My best advice with FFT is to play the original PSX version if possible. War of the Lions makes some changes that wouldn't be appreciated if you hadn't played the original and Advance/Advance 2 are so different and have no where near the charm.
  6. prexus

Epoch de Valeria: Transcendent Wings! [Version 1.3i] [Soundtrack Demo Available!]

Arlic: I am actually really surprised that you took my commentary so to heart, and didn't get upset and start moaning that I flamed you. As a courtesy, when I get some spare time (probably Tuesday night) I will go through your thread with a fine tooth comb and pick it apart. One thing I...
  7. prexus

Introductory Guide to Tiled

Sorry, Rekx. I re-read it. Since importing an image file of a map into Tiled would be sort of pointless, I don't see why this feature would be needed, but you can import that image as a Tileset for tiled, and just make the 'tile' dimensions equal to the image size, and draw a single tile in the...
  8. prexus

Tiled has an option to export to image, which is detailed in the tutorial here. It's as simple as going File -> Export to Image Edit: Nevermind, I read the post. Unless you import an image as a tileset, then place the image down as tiles, I don't think you can just import an image as a map...
  9. prexus

Epoch de Valeria: Transcendent Wings! [Version 1.3i] [Soundtrack Demo Available!]

So I am not going to lie, I just scrolled through your post and looked at the pictures and didn't read anything. But, the point of these pictures should be to showcase things in your project you are proud of, or feel like work is needed. The first word in your title screen is unreadable, beige...
  10. prexus

Using Tiled instead of Photoshop lets you keep in mind the restrictions of RM* regarding tile-based movement. It's really easy to see where you can move, and where you can't, and what needs to overlap the hero, and what doesn't, and so forth. This isn't meant as a replacement for Photoshop (or...
  11. prexus

I addressed that in a later post, Tsukihime. ShinGamix: Works fine for me? Right click it and click show picture and maybe it will load. Edit: Oh, rpgmaker.net was down yesterday so the image wouldn't have loaded. It should work fine now.
  12. prexus

I appreciate you making the effort to improve on a script I have released. Just keep in mind the Terms of Usage Agreement if you choose to post your edit. I'll likely make some improvements on this script in the short future myself.
  13. prexus

Yeah I prefer for my code not to be dependant on other people's. It would be redundant for me to code it again, as well. I think the Parallel Process effect should work okay. I could also come up with something possibly where a character in the event name could act as a on/off trigger. Like, an...
  14. prexus

No, events don't have notetags, and the Map notetag area is too cramped to expect people to apply it. Why can't you run a parallel process to do it? Just have it sitting on the map, with the script calls, and an "Erase Event" at the end. Boom. Just as easy as a note tag. You don't even need to...
  15. prexus

Game & Map Screenshots

[/SPOILER] Looks great. Don't go with the faux-perspective style of Earthbound. Aside from Fourside/Moonside, the perspective was one of the few things I didn't like about the game. That being said. The only thing I'd change is make the road and the low-lights/cracks on the sidewalk grey...
  16. prexus

Solutions for the Small World Problem

Sorry this is off topic, but aside from having to buy Skyrim, what DRM are you talking about? [also, Arena's world is 6million sq/miles, Daggerfall's world (High Rock) is 63,125 sq/miles, Morrowind is 6 sq/miles, and Oblivion is 16 sq/miles. They didn't cut distances back with Oblivion.] On...
  17. prexus

Game & Map Screenshots

It doesn't look like you did anything that you couldn't have accomplished with regular mapping. Why did you bother doing a pre-rendered map? I mean, a few things are slightly off the grid but almost they almost look worse than they would if they were on the grid. Like the potted trees on the...
  18. prexus

Game & Map Screenshots

Jaydee: Looks much better now, although I think you could make the angles on the tall grass less auto-tiley. Either way, way better than it was.
  19. prexus

Game & Map Screenshots

[/SPOILER]Here is the new version: It's not supposed to be a SBS battle background, but a meeting place for a Tribe. I have yet to add a camp fire and such, though.. :) While it looks a bit better now, simply half-erasing the tiles to blend them together is a shortcut way that makes no sense...
  20. prexus

Game & Map Screenshots

Just make a round shadow tile, really easy. Also why is there a picture of the guard right above him? That's somewhat redundant.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtsyWeasel