Search results

1. Self referencing event via script call?

See my original post, it does clearly state that ideally I needed it inside the set move route though... But that does work, so thanks very much guys :)
  2. Self referencing event via script call?

This is outside of common events inside the actual event move route
  3. Self referencing event via script call?

Funny you should say that haha Falcao's Pearl ABS has a feature where skills can trigger the following of a move route so I have been toying around with that in hopes it might work as well. But even outside of the Pearl ABS and not using common events, its still not working unless i reference...
  4. Self referencing event via script call?

Yeah it's variable 12 and I'm only inputting [12] should probably explain, Ive been using RMVXA for about 6 years, just never delved into scripting much but I know the barebones basics
  5. Self referencing event via script call?

That's now returning a new error. undefined method 'event That one leads to Undefined local variable or method 'event_id' for #<Game_Event0x86d501c> EDIT: If i use self.event_id then i get undefined method event_id
  6. Self referencing event via script call?

I've just tried these solutions (with the variable ID I needed), and its come up with undefined method 'x' for nil:NilClass Am I doing something wrong?
  7. Self referencing event via script call?

What I'm trying to do is find the script calls for the following commands Control variables > set to > game data > this events map X Control variables > set to > game data > this events map Y Control variables > set to > game data > this events facing direction I can see exactly how to do...
  8. Problem with over/under tiles event

I have my own accessibility tiles with Xs, Os and direction restrictions. That doesn't help with tiles that change priority or accessibility depending on player elevation. That method works just fine on flat maps with very little variation and thats the method i normally use for meadows...
  9. Problem with over/under tiles event

There's not actually that many steps, it's a single path with one or two alternate routes, so this wouldn't really get rid of that many events. It's more to do with the events on the actual under/over tiles themselves. As for swapping tilesets, there are 13 different elevations on this...
  10. Problem with over/under tiles event

Thanks for the reply. I am parallax mapping. It's not taking up the space, it was because of the 999 event limit on maps. By the time i was about 3/4 through controlling the over under accessibility, i had used up all of the events. Its also not just passability, it was the priority as well. I...
  11. Problem with over/under tiles event

I'm building a large map 200x200 with lots of different elevations and bridges which will be walked on and under. I do NOT want criticisms for using large maps, I consider myself a decent mapper and my maps are extremely detailed and well planned out. I've done this so far by: > Variable...
  12. Unknown Error in Falcao Pearl ABS liquid V3

I have no idea what I must've done the first time but it's working now, thanks! :) Also just wondering, it's related to Pearl ABS again, is there anyway of setting a minimum range for bows? Like you cant target an enemy within 2 squares of the character? Or should I make a new request for...
  13. Unknown Error in Falcao Pearl ABS liquid V3

I literally did exactly what you said, just replaced the lines. Still get that error when I try using a dual wield attack with the second weapon. Sorry to be a pain
  14. Unknown Error in Falcao Pearl ABS liquid V3

Sorry for double post but it now says: Script'- Pearl Battler settings' line 164: NameError occurred. undefined local variable or method 'actor' for Game_Player:Class Sorry I have literally no idea when it comes to scripting aside from changing true to false or the variable/event IDs
  15. Unknown Error in Falcao Pearl ABS liquid V3

I'll give that a try, cheers Sixth
  16. SCRIPT REQUEST: Character Created Events

Apologies Shaz I'll give them a check over guys, Thanks :)
  17. Error Using Multiple Weapons in Pearl ABS

What was it you did? I'm having the same troubles with dual wielding swords/daggers etc
  18. Unknown Error in Falcao Pearl ABS liquid V3

I get the same error when I attempt to dual wield. I've tried both weapons on their own without dual wield. When I dual wield, the first weapon (F Key) works perfectly and the second (G Key) creates that same error. And i've set both combos to nil.
  19. [SCRIPT HELP NEEDED] Pearl ABS Dual Wielding

So, I'm using Falcao's PearlABS Liquid V3. It's awesome and I've invested a lot of time into editing and rearranging character sets for different attacks, etc. However, I came to testing my dual wielding classes. Using the first hand weapon is fine, animates and everything, but when i attempt...
  20. SCRIPT REQUEST: Character Created Events

So I'm working on my project on VX Ace, I'm using Falcao Pearl ABS, and I want to know if there's anyway to let the player create events. What I would like to achieve is for the character to lay down traps that go off when an enemy gets too close like a mine, or a "buff aura" type deal that...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.
This pig girl is a merchant and playable character.
Currently there's no name for her yet. a suggestion is welcomed.
Merchant.jpg
Merchant-1.jpg
Want for a Nail: I'm trying to figure out what controllers work with MZ, one support thread, a plugin request thread, a dead controller, and a $48 eBay purchase, and a PS1/PS2 USB adapter later. Still stuck with keyboard controls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JetFuelFool