Search results

1. flynnmichael81

RMMV Objects within the $gameVariables object not saving. (SOLVED)

Thanks. I'll just use jQuery and .extend instead of relying on RMMV's JSON.
  2. flynnmichael81

Hi, yeah, it's used a lot in my code but here is an example. var showMainMap = function() { $gameVariables.mouseOFF = false makeHelpMain() $gameScreen.showPicture(1,"BACK",0,0,0,100,100,255, 0) drawMainButtons() var mmx = 0 var mmy = 0 var ix = 90 var iy = -7 var iNum = 0...
  3. flynnmichael81

I've been using the $gameVariables object as the base to all my code as an easy way of saving it using the default MV save. However, when I create objects within that: $gameVariables.map = {} they don't save. I realize there is an issue with cloning going on here but can anyone suggest a...
  4. flynnmichael81

Gods of Havoc - Strategy God Game made in MV

Launch Day: with a 15% launch discount! Thanks for looking!
  5. flynnmichael81

How to upload big file RPG MAKER MV GAME TO GOOGLE PLAY STORE

This is a question that comes up frequently but never seems to get resolved. Splitting your files into .obbs and loading them as extensions is the way, but the documentation is not exactly beginner friendly. Once you manage to do it, there are still issues with the game actually reading the...
  6. flynnmichael81

What's the percentage of players that leave reviews on Steam?

True, but it also goes the other way; the more 'urgh' factors a game has will also garner it more reviews per copy, albeit negative ones!
  7. flynnmichael81

What are some other publishers like Aldorlea, and who to turn to for budget marketing/promotion?

One thing about handing out keys: I hate, worst part of my job, making videos of the games I make. If I hand out 300 keys and get 15 videos to spam places, I consider it worth it :)
  8. flynnmichael81

What are some other publishers like Aldorlea, and who to turn to for budget marketing/promotion?

Not that I can think of (hashtags) - I tend to just use the #indiedev #gamedev #indiegamedev #(gamegenre) #gaming ones. It's interesting to hear your success on android. Unfortunately my games are reliant on windows intigrated, and so I remain there. That doesn't suprise me. You have a well...
  9. flynnmichael81

I’ve been asked this (and other questions) over PM as well, and I’m not sure what advice I can give that you won’t already know. That being said, I will try to offer some advice, but only on what I know and do: creating quick games with the intention of making money. The following advice will...
  10. flynnmichael81

RMMV Dream Island (HORROR RPG)

Your game is so visually appealing! I love the colour palette and the characters are so cute! I've downloaded it and will give it a try next time I get a few minutes.
  11. flynnmichael81

how to get actors to move and attack in battles?

Alternatively, to the Yanfly plugins, Moghunter has some excellent scripts which affect battlers including https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-battler-motion/
  12. flynnmichael81

I definitely will. I've seen games from your site around for years, and known about it for longer than I've been making games.
  13. flynnmichael81

After a quick check: Itch was $1100, gamejolt $450, greenmangaming was $700, personal sales on websites pulled in just over $1500, and humble widget another $1200. These seem like good figures but I'm certain that the effort/reward ratio is only worth it if you have a reason to support those...
  14. flynnmichael81

It was the same eleven games but the breakdown of the 8k is a little more complicated. Alsongside the two mentioned platforms, I had games on Greenman Gaming, and sold keys through bundle stores (not in bundles), and around $1500 of that came through personal sales on websites. And around $750...
  15. flynnmichael81

Eleven games total, and no, some of them were terrible, especially my early ones made in XP. It is only in the last two years that my games gained positive reviews. This, for example, was a complete flop even though made in MV... yet this did considerably better... I highlight these games...
  16. flynnmichael81

Video for 'Fall to Earth' ahs gone live on Steam...

Video for 'Fall to Earth' ahs gone live on Steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/1120770/Gods_of_Havoc_Fall_to_Earth/
  17. flynnmichael81

I personally wouldn’t consider using a publisher. Self-publish, and put in the time to do your own, free, marketing. Between forums, reddit, and social media you can stir up interest in your game, providing it looks good. If it doesn't look good then no amount of media buys will really help...
  18. flynnmichael81

Gods of Havoc - Strategy God Game made in MV

Here is some condensed gamepllay footage from each game. I think, despite the obvious UI similarities, you can reallly see how different the two games are in terms of strategy.
  19. flynnmichael81

requirements to play a game from rpg maker mv?

I can't answer the question without knowing what plugins you use. Even then I'd have to read through their information to find out. I imagine your probably fine to just send it, tbh.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Game Development Livestream

Of course, so, someone had covid at work today and I was exposed to them, so, I'm stuck at home for...TWO WEEKS!
oh god I'm going to die
AAAAAAAAi.png
Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBanana