Search results

1. DaveTheArakin

On the other hand, if the villain is simply there to be evil, maybe give a hint on how they...

On the other hand, if the villain is simply there to be evil, maybe give a hint on how they became the way they are, is it due growing up in a harsh society with a culture that rewards cruelty? Or were they there for a traumatic event such as a war or natural disaster?
  2. DaveTheArakin

I think it depends. If you are writing a complex villain with more layers than simply being evil...

I think it depends. If you are writing a complex villain with more layers than simply being evil and having a great deal of plot importance, I think it is worth giving them an interesting backstory.
  3. DaveTheArakin

[IMG] Been feeling that my characters spent too much time exploring caves, so I figured it was...

Been feeling that my characters spent too much time exploring caves, so I figured it was time to explore abandoned keeps instead.
  4. DaveTheArakin

They look very nice! I also plan to transition into making character bust soon. :) And by soon...

They look very nice! I also plan to transition into making character bust soon. :) And by soon, it will probably be in six months time given my slow progress. :guffaw:
  5. DaveTheArakin

[IMG] I figured it was about time to update the battle sprite for one of my characters. The old...

I figured it was about time to update the battle sprite for one of my characters. The old one was the first time I ever drew a battle sprite, and filled with lines that shouldn't be there. So far, the new one is cleaner.
  6. DaveTheArakin

Still working on Chapter 2. I originally said it was done, but decided to extent it a bit more...

Still working on Chapter 2. I originally said it was done, but decided to extent it a bit more because I felt the story was too fast-paced for my liking.
  7. DaveTheArakin

I don't know how fast everyone works, but it usually takes me three-four months to finish a...

I don't know how fast everyone works, but it usually takes me three-four months to finish a chapter. Mostly because I usually spend one hour a day to work on the game. Then I need to spend some time thinking on the story and drawing characters. Is it normal or abnormal?
  8. DaveTheArakin

My condolences. Take care of yourself and take time to process these feelings.

My condolences. Take care of yourself and take time to process these feelings.
  9. DaveTheArakin

[IMG] A new companion for the second chapter for the female protagonist's route. Although I say...

A new companion for the second chapter for the female protagonist's route. Although I say new, this character is one of the four original character that I have planned from the beginning. She underwent some redesign as I improved my drawings.
  10. DaveTheArakin

[IMG] Handshake protocal activated. Developing chapter 2 for the male protagonist had its...

Handshake protocal activated. Developing chapter 2 for the male protagonist had its highs and lows, but at least I am getting close to ending it and move on. :)
  11. DaveTheArakin

Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my...

Been slightly struggling with developing the latest chapter, I think I will downscale my ambitions and make it more linear.
  12. DaveTheArakin

Good thing I asked my friend to playtest one of my chapters for me. He found bugs that I wasn't...

Good thing I asked my friend to playtest one of my chapters for me. He found bugs that I wasn't aware of. :D
  13. DaveTheArakin

Let's Make a Scene Contest: ♡Heart Edition♡ Rules

Heya! I definitely want to give it a try. Also a question, are we allowed to draw and use our own art for the cutscenes?
  14. DaveTheArakin

As I am very soon going to let my friends play the demo of my game, I am fixing those annoying...

As I am very soon going to let my friends play the demo of my game, I am fixing those annoying color lines that appears on top of the characters head durng battles :blush:
  15. DaveTheArakin

Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)

Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)
  16. DaveTheArakin

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with...

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
  17. DaveTheArakin

I like new party members. Unfortunately, that also means a whole new set of SV for them :(...

I like new party members. Unfortunately, that also means a whole new set of SV for them :( Those can be tedious to draw
  18. DaveTheArakin

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping...

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
  19. DaveTheArakin

[IMG] I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced...

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)
  20. DaveTheArakin

Happy birthday :)

Happy birthday :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:
First Ten Minutes of my Caretaker inspired game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Totaldramawwe