Search results

1. BigToastie

Re-Introduction...

Not many will know me, but after a very hectic 2017 (Bought a house with my then GF, we went to Florida and got engaged, adopted a dog and got a kitten, booked our wedding and that was all woven between both our jobs!) I finally have time again! So I am using it wisely... :)
  2. BigToastie

Old Style MMO to New Players

Thanks for the time to reply! I will get some screenshots up on this thread to give an idea of the style of game etc. as soon as I can... would help my questions as well to be honest! haha I already have a hardware scope for the required server and network specs, and prices which I would...
  3. BigToastie

Old Style MMO to New Players

Hi Guys, I have been working on an old style MMORPG server for some time, its basically being based off of the Legend of Mir 2 source. It's still in development, and as I get closer to the first testing phase I am wondering about ways to make it appeal and market it to a new Playerbase. It...
  4. BigToastie

How to make good Boss stats?

Obviously the stats are going to be higher to make the boss less than a 2 shot dead fight, but bosses need to be more about unique skills and interactions. Do they change form when they get to lower hp Do they enrage of cast a wipe spell if it takes too long to kill them Thereare tons...
  5. BigToastie

Poll: Console Use

Top 3 are: Xbox1 Sega Megadrive and Playstation 1 Xbox 1 I just live the console itself and the games I have are ace. Sega Megadrive and PS1, I have the amazing games like Sonic, Spyro, Crash etc. - can't find games more fun then these!!
  6. BigToastie

October Goals & Progress Thread

Well I am finally back at it, picking up from where you left off after a break is kinda hard to begin with. Starting off with just some more map design. Didn't intentionally have a break more happened by accident, but I feel as though my creativity has went back into overdrive so I will...
  7. BigToastie

Ingame Town Development

Further on this I am also breaking the whole hub into multiple maps so it makes it easier, certain areas wont be clear / accessible till other objectives are met etc. Finally got this sorted and can start working on it ;)
  8. BigToastie

Ingame Town Development

Hmm I really like this idea, I might have to draft out all potential buildings I want and then try to create a dependency tree for the buildings, it will probably cut out a lot of work (I am not shy of work, I just feel that the way I originally planned to do it, would mean a lot more work then...
  9. BigToastie

Help(!) Customizable Player Hub

Hi Guys, So I am looking to create a player map that acts as a "Hub". This is a large part of my game as it will always act as your main hub. I want this hub, to be customizable, in terms of you can build/upgrade buildings, in pre-determined spaces. Example. You have a map, with the...
  10. BigToastie

Ingame Town Development

I am looking to develop a hub basically. What I might have to do is event this up. Give the buildings a pre allocated space on the map, create maps accordingly (so I am not lagging the map with a ton of events), the people can choose which building to build, it will then reload you onto a...
  11. BigToastie

Alpha ABS (MV) [New build 1232]

Done, I was being a Wombat
  12. BigToastie

ANCIENT DUNGEONS: BASE PACK (Whoops)

Hi there, I have just realised, that this is for VXAce, not MV. I was too drawn to the graphics to read it (my bad!) is there any plans for this to be upgraded to MV? or is there a way I can use the tilesets for MV? Cheers :)
  13. BigToastie

Just Bought All MV Packs

some really useful stuff there, thanks! I feel that I am going to sort 1 pack out at a time, rather than try with all 4 at once, was a stupid move on my part. Creating a blank project and going to sort where I want all these resources first, and go from there. I just want structure...
  14. BigToastie

Just Bought All MV Packs

Hi All, So I have purchased these for myself (all the available MV packs). I have them all in, in floods of folders and I am just abit ... stuck. I have a few questions: Firstly, diag movement, which plugin do people recommend for this? (among other staple plugins for these tilesets...
  15. BigToastie

RPG Maker MV - Parallax Tutorials

Hi Guys, Can someone point me in the right direction for video / guides for parallax mapping for MakerMV within GIMP? Done a search but came up with a wall of links that weren't relevant. Cheers!
  16. BigToastie

That "Idea" Moment

I knew I wouldnt be the only one, I have been righting my 'thoughts' up in a document and it is helping me re-focus, as I can always go back to the document if I ever want to start another project.  It's also one of those things, when I was writing it down, realizing that "woah" there is a...
  17. BigToastie

Ingame Town Development

Hi Guys, So if I want to give players their own 'base'. where they can erect new buiildings etc. how would I go about doing this in terms of giving them a free choice on what they want to build, and when. as I know you could force the players to build in a specific order, but I want to...
  18. BigToastie

That "Idea" Moment

So, I have been casually been pottering on with a game for some time, desgining, mapping etc. Then I had an seed of a new game pop into my brain, not relating to the game at all, but a new game entirely. Has anyone ever come across this, where you are working on a game and get a new game...
  19. BigToastie

Map Cap! Who Knew?

There is a script to actually release the cap on this, I will edit this post when i find the source :) @XIIIthHarbinger It comes with the plugins as stated below:Zeriab_ExtraMaps
  20. BigToastie

My thoughts on Online Communities, Groups and Forums such as this one

You will never get a place where it never happens which sucks, but I have found that the majority of people have been willing to help anyone who asks questions or they get pointed to the direction that will assist them. I get the veteran mentality as they may see as "we help them, but they'll...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My original idea of a quest where you just paid money to complete it (it made sense in context) somehow got turned into decorate a table with a variety of choices so that the majority of players will have different looking tables.
XGkudjn.png

Latest custom tileset work for Raptor Revolt includes beach debris and palm tree. Can't wait to go to the beach!
Doing RPG Maker News #13 | More Yokai, Overworld Edits, Actor Specific Movement, Ultra Localization
One year on, one year off seems to be my theme lol
unknown.png

Finished coloring her and giving her different character portraits. Wanted to show a few of them :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanisasr