Search results

1. Doinathing

In what order should I program my battle system?

Hello. I want to make a Rhythm Heaven style turn-based battle system using events, but I'n not sure which aspect of the code I should make first. Essentially, the player has their turn, where they can choose between attacking, using a skill, using an item, and running. Then, the enemy has...
  2. Doinathing

I have a tendancy to over think LITERALLY EVERYTHING involved in my game, and it's ruining in the experience.

For example, a little earlier, I started thinking about making my maps before I worry about making my battle system. Then I thought 'You should make some textures.' Then I drew some up, and started mapping. Then I thought, 'Your textures look bad.' Then I thought, 'I'll draw some drafts on...
  3. Doinathing

[XP] Text SE with modified Multiple Messages script?

Hi. I've been using a modified version of the Multiple Messages script by Wachunga. The version I use was edited by Drago to not require SDK. To give my game a similar style to the Mario & Luigi games, I wanted to have Text SE to go with the overhead boxes. I don't know anything about scripting...
  4. Doinathing

Is there such thing as script commisions?

I don't know how to make scripts, and I don't think I have the time to learn. Are there people who make scripts in exchange for payment?
  5. Doinathing

Sprites both too small and too big! Help!

Here's my latest sprite sheet for my protagonist. Looks nice, right? Well, in it's current resolution, it's too hard to see from a distance. But if I resize the image to 2x size, it's much too big! I don't know what to do, so...any help is appreciated! EDIT: Y'know what, it really isn't that...
  6. Doinathing

Wrote up a draft for the first version of my battle system, looking for critique.

Hi. So, I wanted to make a unique card battle system, and I decided to write up a draft for how the base of it all should look. I just wanted to post the draft here and see if there's anything wrong with it. I'd hate to wind up with some in efficient code as the base for my combat. I'm going to...
  7. Doinathing

RMXP New Battle Idea, going to try and learn RGSS

So, I came up with a battle idea I like, and I'm going to try and get it in some kind of working state with RGSS. I'll break it down into steps, so it makes sense. 1) You can't level. You heard that right. In my game, there will be no Vertical Progression. No matter how many enemies you fight...
  8. Doinathing

Zelda-Style Real-Time Combat?

I think I figured out how to make gameplay more interesting! MOTHER is nice and all, but these days real time combat seems to be all the rage! Binding of Issac, Enter the Gungeon, Hotline Miami, I'm pretty sure these are a Real-Time combat games. If anyone knows of a way for me to implement a...
  9. Doinathing

RMXP Looking for more script feed back! This time, a comparison between the Prologue in first and second draft.

Here's a txt file with the prologue of each darft. Before, some things I needed to improve on were; -Character Depth -Less Linearity -Side Quests -Emphasize Protag's Insecurities through dialogue. -Pacing I've attempted to show more of the main character's faults and personality through...
  10. Doinathing

Designing a world around platforming?

I wanted to make the game a sort of puzzle platformer, but I don't know how to blend either of those things into my world design. For the first actaul town, I was think of making the entire thing build over top of a seemingly bottomless pit, so that you would have to platform between larger...
  11. Doinathing

Jump fuction with unique character graphic?

I've seen a number of Jump Button Common events, and I even managed to create my own, but I haven't been able to get a change in character animation working. Does anyone have an idea as to how to do this? Thanks!
  12. Doinathing

Is it possible show a Battle Log of some kind?

I'd wanted to make messages appear when an action is performed in battle, like in older RPGs, notably Earthbound. I was wondering if there might be a script that would allow me to do this? Thanks for any help!
  13. Doinathing

RMXP Working on Draft #2 of my game's script, wondering if this part needs any rewriting.

So, after every chapter, there's a brief 'Intermission' which explains some of the Protag's backstory and how they got the way they are. Since I'm done with the prologue, I thought it would be a good time to rewrite Intermssion #1, but I'm not sure how, if at all. Intermission #1 is the birth...
  14. Doinathing

[XP] Text-Based Battle script? (Battle Log(?))

I had wanted to make the combat in my game more interesting by making attacks fail often, but HP low to compensate. Along with this, I had wanted a failed attack to return a sort of joke-y fail message. I had tried to use a script that changes Attacks to make them call events if you use a...
  15. Doinathing

Friends read my game's script and said it needed work. Looking for advice!

Most of what they said was, in my opinion, bullcrap, but they did have some points. Things I need to improve on: -Character Depth -Less Linearity -Side Quests -Emphasize Protag's Insecurities through dialogue. -Pacing If anyone wants to read my first draft, here's the link, but in a...
  16. Doinathing

(XP) Removing fade in from facesets with Dubealex's Advanced Message System?

I would like to try and remove the fade in from facesets with Dubealex's Advanced Message System. I don't like it, and I think it look weird. Any help is appreciated!
  17. Doinathing

Battles not working?

Not entirely sure why, but attacking an enemy always does 0 damage. Also, how would I replace the default Attack command with a Skill? I wanted to make it so that attacks have a 2/3 chance of failing and showing funny dialogue. Any advice is appreciated!
  18. Doinathing

Custom Windowskins not showing up when Show Text is used?

I'm not entirely sure why, though it may have something to do with the Advance Message Script I installed. Not urgent in the slightest, just a little annoying.
  19. Doinathing

Best way to create emotes?

You know how sometimes in games when a character notices something an Exclaimation Point appears above their head? I'm trying to do that. In RM2k3, I just put an event above a character and used Set Move Route to animate it, but I'm guessing there's something more effecient. Any ideas are...
  20. Doinathing

How do I use Heretic's Dynamic Lighting?

The built in instruction just aren't doing it for me. I'm pretty sure I've imported all the files correctly, but for some reason, Comment: \light[light.png] Script: $game_variables[75] = [0] Returns an error on booting the game. I'm not sure what to do, if anyone has expirience with HDL...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
Respect for MogHunter.

With him/her,our Project are Success in many Aspect like Animations,Gameplay,Battle System,more.
Now,it's really empty without him/her.

We have to wait Patiently about the Reason,Why he/she do it.
Raptor Revolt Demo 4_19_2021 11_13_22 PM.png

Custom tileset and mapping work continues for the beaches of RAPTOR REVOLT! Completely revamped sandstone cliffside tiles, now with 100% more d i t h e r i n g. Plus, stairs!
Sorry for the short absence. Hospital tests out the wazoo. although I just end up disheartened when my insurance won't cover what I need. I wish I lived somewhere where the country care about chronic illness patients.
Funny Gran Turismo/Thomas meme i Made

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testoryze1