Search results

1. Doinathing

Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of...

Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
  2. Doinathing

In what order should I program my battle system?

Ah, gotcha. I guess I could focus more on the Punch-Out!! aspect of the combat. 'Dodge his punch and counter-punch." Then I'd ony have to check when a button is being pressed.
  3. Doinathing

Oh. Well, I'd really rather not use something else after I've spent over $100 CAD on RPGMaker. The method I came up with to have things happen on beat was to count the number of seconds in a beat of each song, then convert that into frames.
  4. Doinathing

Hello. I want to make a Rhythm Heaven style turn-based battle system using events, but I'n not sure which aspect of the code I should make first. Essentially, the player has their turn, where they can choose between attacking, using a skill, using an item, and running. Then, the enemy has...
  5. Doinathing

@RachelTheSeeker I should probably make a post about that, but the basics are that the enemy...

@RachelTheSeeker I should probably make a post about that, but the basics are that the enemy will attack in time with the BGM, then after dodging, you'll also attack in time with the BGM. The perspective of the battle is like Punch-Out!! for Wii.
  6. Doinathing

[ATTACH] Quick update: I'm making progress slowly. I came up with a new, relatively easy to...

Quick update: I'm making progress slowly. I came up with a new, relatively easy to program battle system based on Punch-Out!! and I've been doing minor writing overhauls. I'm sure I'll have some actual gameplay to show soon, but until then, here's my latest sprites for Mist.
  7. Doinathing

@Themuckamuck sadly, not yet. I've been making progress slowly, but I'll probably have something...

@Themuckamuck sadly, not yet. I've been making progress slowly, but I'll probably have something playable within the year!
  8. Doinathing

[ATTACH] Some WIP of Mist's newest sprites! Tutorials are awesome and very useful!

Some WIP of Mist's newest sprites! Tutorials are awesome and very useful!
  9. Doinathing

I have a tendancy to over think LITERALLY EVERYTHING involved in my game, and it's ruining in the experience.

For example, a little earlier, I started thinking about making my maps before I worry about making my battle system. Then I thought 'You should make some textures.' Then I drew some up, and started mapping. Then I thought, 'Your textures look bad.' Then I thought, 'I'll draw some drafts on...
  10. Doinathing

@KK20 Can I send you a dm over Discord?

@KK20 Can I send you a dm over Discord?
  11. Doinathing

[Story Tips] Shatter the illusion

What if the illusion was not shattered for the player, but for the character(s)? Like, the player knows the actions of the protagonist are morally wrong, but they either refuse to, or are in capable of being reasoned with? And at some point, they realize they were wrong? How does that sound?
  12. Doinathing

[XP] Text SE with modified Multiple Messages script?

Ah! I have an outdated version! Yours says 1.6, but mine only goes up to 1.5! I'll have to swap this out. Thanks again, KK20!
  13. Doinathing

Aw man, I could've sworn I got it this time!
  14. Doinathing

Hi. I've been using a modified version of the Multiple Messages script by Wachunga. The version I use was edited by Drago to not require SDK. To give my game a similar style to the Mario & Luigi games, I wanted to have Text SE to go with the overhead boxes. I don't know anything about scripting...
  15. Doinathing

Is there such thing as script commisions?

I don't know how to make scripts, and I don't think I have the time to learn. Are there people who make scripts in exchange for payment?
  16. Doinathing

Oops. Sorry, I'll do that instead.

Oops. Sorry, I'll do that instead.
  17. Doinathing

Uh, does anyone know how to change windowskins using Multiple Messages? Thanks!

Uh, does anyone know how to change windowskins using Multiple Messages? Thanks!
  18. Doinathing

I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes...

I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now. Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with...
  19. Doinathing

The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third...

The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! 15 posts waiting in the approval queue. Approve 3, decline 2, ask poster for more information on 4. Refresh. 18 posts waiting in the approval queue!
Shaz wrote on ZestyTS's profile.
Hi, there is a Completed Games forum where you can post your game. Or a Commercial Games forum if it's paid. The status feed is not where these belong. Just make sure to read the pinned threads and include all the required information in your post.
I was initially looking for some old archer design i made a few years ago, but couldn't find it...
but here's a sketch from some parade / festival I stumbled upon that i totally forgot :D
Not sure how i'll go about it, but i definitely want to incorporate some of it in my game :)
cxgRkhJ.png
So... what is sleep anyway? UGGGG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seori