Search results

1. Karbonic

RMMV Pause Menu Visual Effects

When the game menu is pulled up, two effects are applied to the screen by default. First, a posterization effect is applied, cutting down on the colors shown on screen. Second, what appears to be a gaussian blur is added, further obscuring the screen. You can see an example of this happening...
  2. Karbonic

RMMV Implementation of Color Map Filter with Pixi Filter Controller

Hello! Right now I'm trying to make a custom script to run Pixi.Filters.ColorMapFilter using Tsukimi-Neko's Pixi Filter Controller. Following the guide in that thread, I have made the following script to attempt to run Color Map Filter. var newFilterName = "colormap"...
  3. Karbonic

Switch Toggle Function?

Hi! I'm looking for a script command to toggle set switch on and off. Doing so using the normal switch control command would require a conditional branch to check whether it is already on or off, which I'd like to avoid. Basically, I'm looking for an MV equivalent of this VXA solution. I hope...
  4. Karbonic

RMMV Indexed Colors

I'm looking for a plugin which will allow me to force my game to only use a set color palette, similar to web colors. As an example of what I mean, here's a mockup using my MV3D game: Without indexed Colors With Indexed Colors (You may have to click on the image to see the difference) Is...
  5. Karbonic

RMMV MOG Char Poses Plugin Commands?

Hi! I'm using MogHunter's Char Poses Plugin, and I was wondering if there are any ways to force a character into a certain pose graphic using Plugin Commands. In the help file, only two plugin commands are defined, enable_charposes and disable_charposes, which are just to turn the plugin on and...
  6. Karbonic

RMMV Need help with MogHunter's Chrono Engine

Hi! I'm currently working with Chrono Engine, and most of it seems to be working well, and everything seems to be in place (Toolmap is properly in 001, etc) but when I go to attack or use a skill, I just get a buzzer sound effect, and my characters are unable to do anything but defend for the...
  7. Karbonic

RMMV On-Map Battles?

I'm currently looking for a plugin for RPG Maker MV which allows for on map turn based battles. Victor made something similar for RPG Maker VX Ace, but I haven't been able to find anything similar for RPG Maker MV. https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-vx-ace/map-turn-battle/ To...
  8. Karbonic

Battle Event Revive

Hi! I'm working on a Hydra-esque boss which has three heads and a body. The parts are all separate enemies. The heads are easy to kill, but they quickly come back. Every six turns, I'd like for the heads to reappear. I don't want the body to have to use a revive spell, but I can't figure out how...
  9. Karbonic

Terrain Tag Problem

I'm currently running into an issue with terrain tags. Right now, I'm working on a timed challenge in my game, DashBored. I'm using GaryCXJk's Free Movement script to have pixel movement. Every second, a series of Electrical panels will turn on, and the game runs a check to see if the player...
  10. Karbonic

NashBored is now on Steam! Only $0.99!

Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen! Higher Beings! Today we will be exploring the mind of a young roboticist named Nash! Let's hope we find something entertaining! NashBored is an RPG taking place in a world of strange, twisted thoughts and demented nightmares. Follow Nash as she is sent...
  11. Karbonic

Button Mash Attack

Hi, I am making a physical fighter type character, and wanted to give them an attack which involves mashing a button to cause consecutive hit. Essentially the attack is given a timer, and each time the player hits a button, it will register as another hit, and replay the animation, until the...
  12. Karbonic

"Blessing" System

I'm working to add a "Blessing" System to my game. Essentially, when a player prays at a shrine, they are given the blessing of that shrine until they pray at another shrine, at which point they receive that shrine's blessing. This would act as a permanent Buff to one of their stats, for...
  13. Karbonic

Button Mash Attack

Hi, I'm looking for a button mash based attack. I am aware of SRDude's timed mash attack, but it isn't what i'm looking for. Is there a way to make an attack where each time the player hits a button in a certain amount of time, it will count as another attack? Something like you'd see in one of...
  14. Karbonic

Default Font Color?

I'm working on a game that has a very simplistic two color palette. As such, the default white text sticks out like a sore thumb. I was wondering, is it possible to change the text color for the entire game? This includes menus and the like. I know that you can change the color in individual...
  15. Karbonic

Title Screen "Controls"

I've been using Moghunter's titlescreen scripts to make my custom title screen, which has all of the options laid out horizontally from each other. Since Moghunter's Script is just a visual one, this doesn't effect how the title screen is controlled. My question is, how can I change the...
  16. Karbonic

Picture Keep Coordinates

I have a bit of a problem with pictures. I have one of the pictures moving on a parallel process, so the picture will move continuously while the cut scene is happening. However, at one point of the cutscene, I want the picture to change from Image1.png to Image2.png Is there a way to have...
  17. Karbonic

Game Juice in VX ACE?

Hello, I was wondering if there is any scripts for VX Ace which help to increse game juice. For those wondering what game juice is, here's a good article on it: http://www.gameanalytics.com/blog/squeezing-more-juice-out-of-your-game-design.html I was hoping there would be some script which...
  18. Karbonic

MadeWithMV Music?

I was wondering if it were possible to have some form of BGM play during the "MadeWithMV" intro. I want to have the BGM start as soon as the game is started up. I want to have a sort of cinematic start to the start up of the game, but the dead silence kind of kills it for me.
  19. Karbonic

'Disable' Skill

Heyo! I was wondering if it was possible to make a skill similar to 'Disable' from Pokemon. This means that the skill will keep the enemy from using a certain skill that they have. If used on the player, the skill disabled will not be able to be selected.
  20. Karbonic

Picture Problem

I've been having a problem recently. I have certain events that show pictures on screen normally. They completely work when I test the game and show the image when it's supposed to appear. However, when the game is exported, these pictures do not appear at all! I'm wondering how this...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1618970067646.png
Feedback would be appreciated. To me it feels like the Dad does look a bit too normal and boring.
I think he's missing some features that make him more unique. Opinions?
recovering from surgery that covid caused me to have, im back trying to work on the newer engine on my game. We will see how this goes. I have no idea what to do about conversions
The wings got worse than I expected ... but for now it looks like this:
index.php
Doing RPG Maker News #16 | Orchestral Tileset, Don Miguel Interview, Visual Choices, Retro Console Icons
I realized I kinda have a habit of making threads and sometimes not thinking them through. I should work on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragon_Monarch