Search results

1. TheoAllen

How do you guys deal with Burn Out?

I'm pretty sure I went hiatus regularly for like x months of not giving af about RPG Maker only to realize that the next day would be a new year already, not that I finished something big by doing it after come back to RPG Maker, but that is how I do it :p
  2. TheoAllen

RPG Maker Resources Preservation Society Thread

For the resource preservation topic itself. I would say yes for "dead links". However, if the actual sources had been taken down by the creator personally, then respect them. Even with the "dead links" case, if the creator explicitly states not giving permission to preserve, then respect them.
  3. TheoAllen

Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this [MEDIA]

Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
  4. TheoAllen

Any good dungeon makers?

I would rephrase the question to be "What makes a dungeon, good?" That would spark an interesting discussion :P
  5. TheoAllen

I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?

I'm sure the latest post/thread in the sidebar used to have 5 posts. Was it always been like this?
  6. TheoAllen

Suggestion Just another rant from a RM veteran + Suggestions and Solutions

@Rafael_Sol_Maker your Imgur picture does not seem to load here, despite the fact I can access imgur. Can you give the direct link or just upload it in the forum?
  7. TheoAllen

They are not minor improvements. Otherwise, many people would still use VX and not VX Ace during that time. See, some people including me still stuck in VXAce while some others use MV. And now with MZ, people are still sticking with MV. VXAce is a huge leap from the previous RPG Maker and it...
  8. TheoAllen

State Interactions?

In that case, go ahead to edit Yanfly Battle Engine, on POPUP_SETTING, remove the :nulled, edit it to be :nulled => "",
  9. TheoAllen

State Interactions?

Try to add 0 at the end of the formula if that would make a difference if a.state?(7);a.add_state(13);else;a.add_state(3);end;0 It serves as a default damage value. For this, you need to remove add guard state in the skill effect.
  10. TheoAllen

State Interactions?

Yes, use b.add_state(n) to add state to the target and a.add_state(n) if it's for the user.
  11. TheoAllen

State Interactions?

The easiest solution would be to change the skill ID 2. Instead of applying guard state, you play around the damage formula, determining if a certain state exists, then you apply a different state, a stronger state. Do you know how to play around with the damage formula?
  12. TheoAllen

How are you going to satisfy people who want a higher resolution if you have this mindset? "Default resolution is fine", but you are not going to close your ears that people have already tried to use a higher resolution, are you? The accessibility of Effekseer is another topic to discuss, and...
  13. TheoAllen

They have priorities. You just don't know because you mostly focused on the QoL part because something you wanted is not yet implemented, thus they did not seem to have priorities. Speaking of rebranding, let's compare each version of RPG Maker. From 2003 to XP (Disclaimer: I didn't touch 2003)...
  14. TheoAllen

My point is, if something can be done by making a workaround in the editor, the priority goes down to the list. if something is not provided in the editor, that one takes up the priority. For example, the map layer took priority because there is no way you could do that in the default editor...
  15. TheoAllen

Character Progression Mechanics

Interesting thread that I haven't replied. My preference is simple. Spoil me. I see a skill progression system. I see a skill that I haven't yet learned, I read the effect, and then I got excited. It does not matter how to get the skill. As long as it isn't frustrating (such as gated by a...
  16. TheoAllen

Stacking effects - Balance vs Exploit

Aside from the reason that the stack cap is for the balance and depends on how the game is designed, hear me out. From what I've seen, something is capped because it is a multiplayer game. To make it fair to other players due to the design decision. Then it also promotes other combinations. So...
  17. TheoAllen

Do you use a controller (gamepad) when playing RM games?

No, but it probably biased because I play exclusively on PC with the keyboard and mouse.
  18. TheoAllen

@Jragyn thanks for voicing your opinion. I have already provided the 3 possible solutions. Which one are you preferred or if you have your own solution? I assume that you know what I'm talking about. This depends, some users might be stupid enough to make a 256x256 map and try to pathfind from...
  19. TheoAllen

It's fine, it's not the end of the world. I still use the older maker (VXA) as my main. Personally, I will recommend the new one if it's objectively better even if it just a little bit better. ================================== Now let me nitpick your suggestion This was the reason why the...
  20. TheoAllen

Where did my post go?

Exactly a bug, but I always manage to see my awaiting post for most of the time. So it doesn't matter to me. If you have a direct link (if it's recent, should be in your browser history) you should be able to access your thread. It is just not visible due to that reason. And I hope you don't...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems that I have to change the order with which I make the fantasy games on my bucket list, because the intended title is used as a story element in the first two games in the line, and somebody else might take the title for their own game because the term uses real words. I can't risk going over the apparent three year limit for registering trademark ahead of time.
I am interested in collaborations so if you like my art, hit up my messages! :wub
unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadyBrain_Entertainment