Search results

1. Is there a way to tint the tileset, but not the character?

New to RPG maker, I am using the default RTP, and would like to change the tint (color) of the tilesets to give a map a bit more variety. I tried using the tint screen event, but that tints the character color too, which I don't want. Is there a way to do this in RMMV, or do I need something...
  2. Getting other party members to follow character

When I add a new player to my party, is there an event command that I have to use to get the actor graphic to follow around behind the player? Here is my event where I add the new actor to the party, and I do have "show followers" checked in system. Not sure what I have to do to get the new...
  3. Help with autorun / switch activation

OK - I want this event to check if two different switches are on, and if so, to activate a third switch. I want this event to run each time the player enters the map to check if the two precursor switches are on. I have it set to autorun, but it gets stuck in an infinite loop. What is the...
  4. Need help with eventing

Been struggling on this one for a few hours. Basically, I want the player to enter a house, then have an event character approach the player immediately upon entry, and say "follow me." The event character would then walk away, and the player would be able to move and follow the event across...
  5. Help mapping a bridge.

Hi - Here is my map: I want to make the bridge so the player can walk over it, and also underneath it on the rocky path that I have created below in the water. I have read tutorials and it seems straightforward, but The problem I am having is that the bridge I have used from the map is...
  6. Help with eventing

Hello, Here is a picture of my map: Basically, I want my cut scene event to begin when the player walks over the tile on the bottom of the stairs, on the left tile (the staircase is two tiles wide). My problem is that if the player walks down the stairs on the right side (the right tile)...
  7. Confused about Parallax Backgrounds

Hello, Newb here, trying to make my first map with a parallax background. I am having a few issues - The background does not seem to move along with the player (I thought that was the point). Also, what I see in the editor does not seem to match with the rendered game - In the editor, the...
  8. Mac vs PC for RMMV

Hi all - Newb here. I am due for a new laptop and was going to get a Mac. Currently I use a Windows, but all else equal, I would prefer Mac. For RPG Maker MV, is the overall compatibility of Windows and Mac the same? Not sure if I will run into issues with RMMV down the road that would make...
  9. Problems with mapping

Hello, I am a newb and am having troubles making a map. In my editor, the map looks like one thing, but when I run the game on playtest, the tiles are different to what is in the map editor. I attached pictures- you can see the roof is messed up. In the editor, it looks normal, but in playtest...
  10. Question about buying resource packs

Hi everybody!! RPG Girl here! Complete Newbie, but excited to get started. I bought my copy of RPG Maker MV on humble bundle a couple years ago - it came as a steam key. I installed steam and got the software running fine. It seems to open steam whenever I run RPG Maker MV (again - newbie!)...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kinda hate it everytime reinstall rpg maker because the program refuse to testplay
For every amazing step of the way I make, I find myself in a moment where I feel really stupid for not knowing something. I probably shouldn't though, but still, it sometimes feels more obvious than perhaps it is
Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharei