Search results

1. Adding battler shadows (depth issue)

Hi! I'm trying to add shadows to enemy battlers. While the shadow loads and works ok, it's displayed on top of the battler - and I want it behind the main sprite. I have this code: var _Sprite_Enemy_initMembers = Sprite_Enemy.prototype.initMembers; Sprite_Enemy.prototype.initMembers =...
  2. Reference basic attack formula / Combine skills

Hello! I want to know if there is way to reference the effects of a given skill -- in this case, skill #1. I find myself copy-pasting it way too often, when I try to create variations of it. They often look similar to addState(x); (copied attack formula) * 0.5 Not modular. Not cool. I bet...
  3. Enemy Rows that disable targeting / Untargetable state

Hello! I need a plugin that allows for two rows of enemies front and back. Enemies in the back row can't be selected as long as there are enemies in the front row -- except by actions that target all enemies. I don't need actor rows. In short, I need to create an untargetable state for...
  4. Display less equip slots

Hi! By default, a equipment slot window is mapped 1:1 with the database slots -- but I need a window that contains only slots 3+. Displaying a shorter list (say, slots 1-3) is easy, but I need it to skip a few slots and only display slots 3 to equipSlots().length I couldn't find exactly...
  5. Help creating equip window in skill menu

Hello! I'm having trouble trying to change how the menus work. I want to add a "Learn" option to the skill scene that would allow me to equip spellbooks containing skills. When you enter the skill scene, skills can be selected and used as usually; but if you select the "learn" option the...
  6. Skills as consumable items (equip spells like FF3)

Hello! I'd like to implement a simple mechanic that needs a plugin. The idea is that you acquire skills as items. Consuming the item makes an actor learn a skill. Erasing the learned skill puts the item back in the inventory -- so it can be sold, stored, or used on another actor. What I need...
  7. Remove troops from map encounters

Hello! By default, the troop encounters you specify in map properties are repeated over and over. I need a simple plugin that erases troops from the map encounter list when the party fights it. The idea is that the party will have a limited set of encounters in any given map, fighting once...
  8. Gain EXP on defeat

I'm trying to come up with a way to smooth difficulty across levels (rubberbanding progress). I came up with this idea: -When you win a battle (and only then) all enemies scale up by a tiny %. -When you lose a battle you get an EXP boost. You can choose to continue playing instead of loading...
  9. Enemy discovery and scaling

Hi! I'm stuck trying to make a plugin. I'm new to MV but not to coding. I want to: - When a new enemy is fought, store the party level along with the enemy ID. - Every time the party fights this enemy, use the stored value to scale the monster stats. Just to clarify: it tracks when we...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.
Went to get a haircut today, and the lady cut my hair too short... Well I suppose with the pandemic I'm not going out a lot, but it still feels a bit uncomfortable.
For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.
Can house furniture be used as a weapon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zavin_Smeargle