Search results

1. Quill-Hawthorne

What is your fovorite aspect of game creation?

I've always been fond of puzzle-solving, so working on game mechanics is one of my favorite things. If I can find a script for it, amazing! But if I don't, I do a lot of tinkering and eventing to achieve what I want. Sometimes I work more on this than the actual game itself ;-;
  2. Quill-Hawthorne

Why RPG Maker?

What drew me to RPG maker is the amount of free assets you're given from the get-go. I was overwhelmed, but also really impressed by what a newbie could do with this engine. The learning curve isn't too steep and it's pretty easy to throw something together. This suited me when I was younger...
  3. Quill-Hawthorne

Your Favorite Thing to do in Games?

I love exploring the environment and seeing the character's interactions with everything. It's a great way to passively show character personalities and see how they view the world around themselves. Another thing is the NPCs. If they're well-written (or, at the very least, have interesting...
  4. Quill-Hawthorne

Script for multiple inventories for RPG maker vx ace

The Inventory Secure script by TheoAllen might help you
  5. Quill-Hawthorne

yikes good luck!

yikes good luck!
  6. Quill-Hawthorne

same here, but thankfully the semester is going to be over in a month for me

same here, but thankfully the semester is going to be over in a month for me
  7. Quill-Hawthorne

How long do you think a demo should be?

I'm thinking about releasing a demo soon, but I'm conflicted on how long it should be. Some people say that it shouldn't be longer than an hour, but I've played demos that were roughly two hours and wasn't put off by them. My question is what it says in the title: how long should a demo be?
  8. Quill-Hawthorne

Wow I'm really loving that watercolor effect you're using!

Wow I'm really loving that watercolor effect you're using!
  9. Quill-Hawthorne

Honestly, I want to make a game that makes players feel immersed and question everything. A...

Honestly, I want to make a game that makes players feel immersed and question everything. A story that keeps them on their toes the whole time, so when they think they're safe, they're hit by a new chunk of information. Things like when they replay, they go, "Oh! The plot twist was so obvious...
  10. Quill-Hawthorne

RMMV A Bitter Destiny (Working Title) - Playable Demo, Political Themes, Some Swearing

1. I really like the idea of blood and stamina! To be fair, HP and MP are just another way of saying life and energy, so it's not too far off. 2. Also the Exhaustion system is very creative and I liked how you regenerated all your stamina after it. You can definitely use it in fights against...
  11. Quill-Hawthorne

RMVXA Your character in my game!

Character Name - Lionel Gender - Male Class - 3rd Year Eye Color - Red Hairstyle and Hair Color - short black hair with a widow's peak Personality - Acts like a snob, but in reality, he's too socially awkward to talk to people and is incredibly shy. He wants to make friends, but his...
  12. Quill-Hawthorne

congrats!

congrats!
  13. Quill-Hawthorne

Filling in a plothole...siege defense vs. talking to people

4) Maybe the town believes the castle is haunted or incredibly dangerous and they discourage anyone from trying to enter there. The protagonist is a travelling stranger and she's used to fighting monsters, so the townsfolk think she can handle herself there.
  14. Quill-Hawthorne

How can men write compelling female characters?

1. What do you think makes a good female character? A good female character is one whose personality doesn't overly focus on gender stereotypes. If anything, the biggest thing is to make sure that they're a solid personality on their own first. Considering your reviewers don't seem to have a...
  15. Quill-Hawthorne

Heavily Story-driven game

The important thing is to showcase your entire game as story-heavy because some people can come in, expecting something else. I see the word "long cutscenes" and it makes me pause a little because that seems a little overwhelming for a whole game. Be sure to balance out gameplay and story...
  16. Quill-Hawthorne

What kind of game mechanics are you thinking about that has you cornered? Because a simple rpg...

What kind of game mechanics are you thinking about that has you cornered? Because a simple rpg can still work with good writing alone
  17. Quill-Hawthorne

The end result will be worth it!

The end result will be worth it!
  18. Quill-Hawthorne

RMVXA What do you expect in a fantasy game?

Personally, I like some world-building to be involved in any kind of fantasy. It makes any world more believable and easier to grasp. I'm not saying to create a 150-year history of your world, but some basic lore is nice. Also, things should make sense in-game, such as if Celestia can't use...
  19. Quill-Hawthorne

RMVXA IMAGINE: Roleplay Club

This looks pretty charming!
  20. Quill-Hawthorne

RMVXA Peaceful Days

they all look diverse and like they all have their own stories! I really like how they have their own specific color as well!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:
Stimpaks and More.png
Continued work. Still a WIP, some need some retouching. Stimpak, Radaway, Psycho, Jet, Mentats, Medex(ish/needs to be purple), bloodpack, glowing bloodpack. Made some Nuka too. Need to make Rad-X.
Nuka Sheet WIP FR.png
Done translating our projects intro sequence : D
Still early in development but feel like I'm hitting a wall. Either I can't find plugins to do what I need, or they're paywalled :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadKitty