Search results

1. Philsco

Self Switch check via script call?

Yup thanks! I hadn't refreshed this before I wrote my prior reply, but you're pretty close! The call was dead-on, and the map ID was close (it uses $gameMap._mapId, but maybe this. works as well, just haven't tried it). Thanks for your response! Wish I'd refreshed this page half an hour ago...
  2. Philsco

Nevermind, found the answers! Just had my syntax wrong and was looking for the wrong info in the .js files :P But the answers are 1) $gameMap._mapId (or $gameMap.mapId() ) 2) $gameSelfSwitches.Value([$gameMap._mapId, EventID, 'A/B/C/D']); to read $gameSelfSwitches.setValue([$gameMap._mapId...
  3. Philsco

Okay, so in VX Ace, you could use $game_self_switches[[map, event, 'self_switch']] = value to manipulate an event's self switch. For example: $game_self_switches[[@map_id, 7, 'C']] = true would change event 7 on the current map's self switch "C" to "On," since in that code @map_id referenced...
  4. Philsco

JavaScript questions that don't deserve their own thread

Woah, hey buddy, I'm just trying to put into context what happened, here. Not trying to get on your bad side, at all. Originally, I DID have a thread going for my plugin, you're right. And yeah, they gave some good advice, but it didn't fit what I needed. And see, the reason I didn't bump it...
  5. Philsco

Yeah you just have a very similar avatar to RPGSquirrel I guess. Anwyway yeah sorry about that. But the other thread was for building this, and I had asked for suggestions but this in particular was a different issue I didn't want to branch into its own, because the people answering THAT thread...
  6. Philsco

Actually a guy named Pivoo and another named wanee95 helped me out quite a bit here! I'll spare you the bulk of the code and the algorithms and such, but it was as simple as realizing I can scope an object outside of the initial (function () {}) part of the code. I didn't realize the engine...
  7. Philsco

Trying to read an event's note tag based on an x,y

Got it figured out! Thanks to Pivoo for the answer. Just had it poorly scoped, didn't understand I could go above the initial function scoping to make it something I could call It's now evolved to this: /*: * @plugindesc Mad's Ranged Attack * * @author Philsco * * @help * This will enable the...
  8. Philsco

That's a good idea. Do you have any you could recommend to look at? The ones I've been looking at all are based off of aliasing the move, button press, or window interaction calls, but not that have any script calls to a function. Not sure of what to look for there >_< Oof, I almost miss the...
  9. Philsco

lol well that's a relief then! And I'll just have to keep searching for a way to make this work, then. I want it to activate within common event 1, preferably if there was a script call I could use, like, "$gameSomething.callPlugin["MyRangedCheck"]" or some craziness like that which I could...
  10. Philsco

Adding more Script Calls and Plugin Commands in the Database.

I agree, this should be integrated as a part of the core engine.
  11. Philsco

One final question, and I should be able to handle the rest of it myself. And this is a really, really stupid question...but... How do I handle calling the plugin? I've searched for the plugin command to call a plugin within a common event, but I just seem to get the weirdest results in...
  12. Philsco

I did a few searches, and can't find anything that explains this that isn't like "part 34" or so of a series where they're making specific calls withing a long script. So...right, the question. How do I call my plugin? I have a plugin I made to check progressively in a line based on the...
  13. Philsco

You guys are incredibly helpful and I can't thank you all enough for working with me on this. I'll pay it all back by releasing this plugin once it's good and polished up :P
  14. Philsco

Oh, got'cha, so notes are saved as the "meta" array of an event object. I'm sorry to keep picking your brain here, but if I'm looking to put two tags in the note field (say, <door><destructible> vs <door><indestructible>), what would be the proper syntax to check that? if...
  15. Philsco

Thanks Poryg. So it'd be something like... var _eventIdFound = $gameMap.eventIdXy(_checkX, _checkY); if ($dataMap.events[_eventIdFound].meta == "enemy"){ ...; } More or less? I'll have to spend some time playing around with that when I get off work, tomorrow...thanks! I appreciate you...
  16. Philsco

Hello! I'm having some difficulty determining how to use javascript to read an event's note tag. I've searched quite a bit, but only find ways to read the game data for items, battlers, etc. What I'm trying to accomplish is a high-speed (practically instantaneous) projectile script for the...
  17. Philsco

Issues with managing command input

Thank you very much! This was helpful, indeed. I appreciate your time!
  18. Philsco

Custom Page Conditions

You are every kind of awesome. Thanks so much!
  19. Philsco

JS: Finding what event is within an area in front of the player's x/y (shotgun map effect)

Haha Dahlys, I really appreciate you taking the time to come back and give me those notes, bud. Again, thank you.
  20. Philsco

JS: Finding what event is within an area in front of the player's x/y (shotgun map effect)

Thanks dahlys! Sorry, I was typing up that long response while you already answered it for me >_< Thanks so much, +20 internets to you, my friend. Now I just gotta figure out how to use the $gameMap.eventsXy(x,y)[0]._eventId correctly!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:
Stimpaks and More.png
Continued work. Still a WIP, some need some retouching. Stimpak, Radaway, Psycho, Jet, Mentats, Medex(ish/needs to be purple), bloodpack, glowing bloodpack. Made some Nuka too. Need to make Rad-X.
Nuka Sheet WIP FR.png
Done translating our projects intro sequence : D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyaka