Search results

1. RMMZ Can't change equipment

Thanks for your reply @Shaz! I just updated all of the plugins to the most recent update and now it's working, so yay!
  2. RMMZ Can't change equipment

Hey people! I'm having an issue which is either a) me being really stupid, or b) a bug with a plugin. I can give my characters equipment if it's their starting equipment, but when I try to equip anything manually in game (not using an event) it just doesn't equip. It also isn't working to remove...
  3. Problems with Onedrive

Would this still be true, @Andar? It would be safe though to work on it on one pc, upload the files after finishing, download them to the other pc and pick it up from there though, right?
  4. RMMZ Checking if switch is on not working

Oh yeah! Thanks @Shaz!
  5. RMMZ Checking if switch is on not working

Hello lovely people! I'm using bottom script below to trigger a game message and turning on a switch if that switch is off. However, I'm getting the game message when the switch is on as well, so I must be doing something wrong with the JS.
  6. RMMZ Initialize actor when adding to the party with script calls

Haha. Thanks @Aerosys, I'll have a look at that. Still so much to learn :)
  7. RMMZ Initialize actor when adding to the party with script calls

Hello! I'm trying to find a way to force an actor to (re)initialize when adding them to the party. In short, the player can tame monsters but once they die they are gone, and the player will need to catch another (with the same starting stats from the database). It seems that it used to be...
  8. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

Why do you think I should replace $gameParty.battleMembers() with $gameParty.members()?
  9. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

Oh, so many responses, now I don't know what to do! :D I used Eliaquim's solution with Shaz's fix, and there were party members to remove in the third and fourt party member positions, but they both removed fine. Does that mean the ascending order thing might not be a problem?
  10. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

Oooh, @Eliaquim's solution works an absolute treat! Thanks so much both of you! :D :D I added the text like this:
  11. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

And @Shaz with your suggestion (if I'm implementing it correctly) I get this error:
  12. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

Sure, here's when I try @Eliaquim's suggestion:
  13. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

The opposite order thing I definitely understand, but not sure what I should do to fix the rest. I tried this and I keep getting an error saying the objects are undefined. Any ideas?
  14. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

Hey Eliaquim, I've tried to do what I think you mean and it's not working :( I really have no idea what I'm doing...
  15. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

As I understand it (probably incorrectly), when doing the conditional branch to see if the actor is dead, I need to manually select the name of the actor - I can't see a way to make that take a variable. As I won't know which monster party members are in the party at any given time, I don't know...
  16. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

Hi Shaz, Thanks for the reply. I wanted to do it using event commands but, as the dead member to be removed could be one of 50 or so characters, I couldn't figure out how I would do it without scripts. There could also be more than one of these types of characters in the party, and they could...
  17. RMMZ Remove dead party members from party

Hi all! I'm trying to set up a common event to permanently remove dead party members (but only those with IDs greater than 10) from my party during battle. I'm having a lot of trouble getting it to work - I don't know if it's an error in the code or in not implementing the common event...
  18. RMMZ Error that doesn't crash game

IT'S WORKING! I am so relieved. Thank you so much!
  19. RMMZ Error that doesn't crash game

I just tried that before, I can get the index returned but on its own it's not of any use - it just becomes a 1, 2, or 3 and without specific code to return the value of an enemy id from a common event I'm not sure what to do. Doing it from the damage formula is causing its own issues. I'm glad...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devilstick