Search results

1. Philsco

Self Switch check via script call?

Okay, so in VX Ace, you could use $game_self_switches[[map, event, 'self_switch']] = value to manipulate an event's self switch. For example: $game_self_switches[[@map_id, 7, 'C']] = true would change event 7 on the current map's self switch "C" to "On," since in that code @map_id referenced...
  2. Philsco

Trying to read an event's note tag based on an x,y

Hello! I'm having some difficulty determining how to use javascript to read an event's note tag. I've searched quite a bit, but only find ways to read the game data for items, battlers, etc. What I'm trying to accomplish is a high-speed (practically instantaneous) projectile script for the...
  3. Philsco

JS: Finding what event is within an area in front of the player's x/y (shotgun map effect)

Hey there! I've tried searching but can't seem to find the right way to phrase it to get the information I need, so I hope this isn't something common that I have just failed miserably at searching for X_x Anyway, I have a common event that is called by a keypress which uses a skill (ABS-style...
  4. Philsco

Issues with managing command input

I want to change the basic layout of the keyboard/mouse inputs, but I can't for the life of me find a way to do that in the editor! I searched the forums (maybe poorly?) for about 10 minutes, and couldn't find anything on it other than a couple plugins (one YEP...
  5. Philsco

Questions about mouse interaction.

If you are like, "why so much text, bruh!?," see the very last sentence, please! I have been using Shaz's (excellent!) script, "Super Simple Mouse Script by Shaz."  I really hate to post a "help me!" post so quickly after joining the community, but I think I have a fair and comprehensive way to...
  6. Philsco

Map Editing...am I missing something here?

I haven't used RPG Maker series in years, and I really, /really/ miss those different editing layers!  Hoo, boy...  But, nothing can be done about that... Still, I feel like I'm doing something "wrong," or missing a trick here.  When I'm selecting a tile from the "B" or "C" tab, and I lay it...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I wish I can work faster on my game. But I don't want to get burned out. :(
I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
epokshiem