Search results

1. bgillisp

Dead Rising says yes you can use house furniture as weapons. As well as plates and even hot...

Dead Rising says yes you can use house furniture as weapons. As well as plates and even hot sauce bottles. Are they effective weapons? That's a different debate.
  2. bgillisp

Still no update for MV?

Unreal is constant updates. And if you wanted to use Unreal 1.0 still they would just be like tough, upgrade. And if they did Unreal X then went to a new Unreal Z, Unreal X at some point would be discontinued and would stop working. As it is I can name game engines that no longer work too. I...
  3. bgillisp

Still no update for MV?

Actually many companies abandon the old engine when a new one comes out. At some point you have to shelve it, otherwise they would have to go to a subscription model instead. And software often stops working on newer systems. When Windows 95 came out DOS programs eventually stopped working, and...
  4. bgillisp

Still no update for MV?

Sadly I doubt it will get an update. ACE stopped getting updates when MV came out. Its normal for the older engine to stop getting updates when a newer engine comes out. As for Macs, a lot of that issue is Apple and Microsoft are in a pissing contest with each other, and users are in the...
  5. bgillisp

What is still used today?

My last game was in ACE, and so is my current project. After that though I may upgrade to MZ unless there is something ACE is just more suited for.
  6. bgillisp

Game development = you will spend an entire day writing the dialogue for one text box sometimes...

Game development = you will spend an entire day writing the dialogue for one text box sometimes. Also known as my day today.
  7. bgillisp

RPG Maker Time 1001

Ok how did you get MZ that high that fast? There's only 8,760 hours in a year.
  8. bgillisp

I'm having a problem with black boxes above enemies

Be advised that iconset has ACE iocns in it, so you need to own RPGMaker ACE to legally use it per the EULA.
  9. bgillisp

Stream Make a Game in MZ: Episode 17

Wait, doing this on Sunday??? I thought I felt a distrubance in the force.
  10. bgillisp

Defense Against Status Effects

One approach I did in my last game was you could learn a skill that blocked all status ailments on turn 1. That allowed you to go into a random battle, see what they did, and you'd be immune in turn 1. But better take them out fast as once turn 2 hits you are no longer immune. I had you learn...
  11. bgillisp

Report Image: I'm in this picture and I don't like it. :LZYgrin:

Report Image: I'm in this picture and I don't like it. :LZYgrin:
  12. bgillisp

2021 Goals and Progress Thread

Goal for May: -Get the first half of Shipwrecked out of alpha and into beta. This should be doable if work stays low key like it usually does this time of year. 5.1 Update: Updated the cutscenes through the first hour of the game. These were mainly little tweaks and some character lines...
  13. bgillisp

You're getting close to my ACE hours!

You're getting close to my ACE hours!
  14. bgillisp

RPG Maker Time 1001

Yeah, I have no life.
  15. bgillisp

How to request stuff the "better' way...

Also on the licenses, my faceset artist started using licenses late on in our working together. I was gradnfathered in so not required to get it or show it (they told me that in email) but they did add it in over time. Sometimes these are things you learn as you go too. And I've also yet to...
  16. bgillisp

How to request stuff the "better' way...

Most art I've ordered is watermarked or incomplete (like I'll see 1 frame of 3 or something) until I pay for it.
  17. bgillisp

Was finally able to work on my game today for the first time in about 4 months. Now hopefully...

Was finally able to work on my game today for the first time in about 4 months. Now hopefully work stays a little less insane so I can continue game dev.
  18. bgillisp

Shhh don't give away my moving strategy @Finnuval !

Shhh don't give away my moving strategy @Finnuval !
  19. bgillisp

2021 Goals and Progress Thread

Work is starting to slow down so I'm able to game dev a couple days a week now. Here's the report from today: -Play tested Shipwrecked to about the 2 hour point, or about the 1/3rd point in the game. Noted things to change as I played in a document, though I fixed the quick fix things as I...
  20. bgillisp

That's been my life since I beat 3 houses.

That's been my life since I beat 3 houses.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Episode 18 is here. We're still making a game in RPG Maker MZ. This week, let's make that cliff map look awesome with the new tiles we made last week! Join us live, now!

I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.
How comes, when you are fearful to log anywhere, that somebody close passed from COVID and you learn too late, you suddenly are mortified that others who almost share BDay dates didn't answer the art you made for them?
unknown.png
Trying to make some horror "Corpse Party" style tileset.
100 degrees here (38 degrees C) god I need ac

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TizenyEl