Search results

1. Joy

[IMG] Noodling around with a new character template. I've always kinda not liked hard edged...

Noodling around with a new character template. I've always kinda not liked hard edged pixel templates with the FSM tiles, which are more painterly. I also want taller, thinner sprites to match the scale of doors and objects in the tileset.
  2. Joy

Futuristic Tiles - Spaceship Interior

As I was digging into my files to recompile an old game from a rapid development contest from waaaaay back, found this old spaceship tileset I cobbled together and did what I think are some neat edits. Most of the walls include transparent sections to make use of parallax layers below the map to...
  3. Joy

New mockup for the Battle Processing Scene facebars and gauges. [IMG]

New mockup for the Battle Processing Scene facebars and gauges.
  4. Joy

The Order of the Marten

Also, Thanks a ton for putting up the Slip into Ruby series @Trihan, I definitely referenced that while figuring out how to script to get this project rolling again.
  5. Joy

The Order of the Marten

Funny you mention that...that is one of the changes already made! It really was pretty eye-crossing. I'll be replacing all of the screenshot images to reflect that change and others:
  6. Joy

Doing parallax, I painting in the basic water forms around the tile images, then erased portions...

Doing parallax, I painting in the basic water forms around the tile images, then erased portions of the highlights and where the water streams would flow, leaving those areas transparent. Then, I made a simple repeating patter of ripples in the base water color and the highlight colors, which I...
  7. Joy

The Order of the Marten

Thank you! The demo is back in production, looking to be a late fall release for the full demo, really hoping to have a quick gameplay demo done sooner, really pushing for August for that. I've made quite a few changes, so I'll be updating the main post to reflect those changes very soon!
  8. Joy

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Using an older map to test some animation for water edges and falling water in parallax, still tweaking the back parallax and transparency of the water's edge, but how is this looking?
  9. Joy

As I get back into mapping for OotM, would anyone be interested if I Twitch streamed my process...

As I get back into mapping for OotM, would anyone be interested if I Twitch streamed my process?
  10. Joy

Hmmm, you may be onto something. I'll make another mockup to see how that looks

Hmmm, you may be onto something. I'll make another mockup to see how that looks
  11. Joy

Making progress on the battle system for OOTM, very excited to have the battle processing phase...

Making progress on the battle system for OOTM, very excited to have the battle processing phase be less dull and text-y. Thinking this will be the layout:
  12. Joy

December 2020 Goals and Progress Thread

Managed to make progress on scripting my facebar for the battle processing scene~ The more I achieve, the more I add to it. Got the faces and status effects showing now, thinking now to add small hp and sp bars as well. the plan:
  13. Joy

[RGSS2] How to make images appropriately overlap[SOLVED]

This can be closed, figured out a solution!
  14. Joy

[RGSS2] How to make images appropriately overlap[SOLVED]

Hey all, question for VX scripting. I'm making some changes to the Battle Processing scene to show a row of thin facebars for the party with their current states. I'm wanting to use an image to replace the windowskin so that I'm not limited to the hard 16px margin around content, but the...
  15. Joy

Just about got the re-made tilesheet for OOTM's exterior tiles done. Had to remove some tiles I discovered were rips, took the time to also flesh out the sheet while I was at it. Just need to make a couple custom tiles to replace some of the ripped tiles I liked, then do a little more color...
  16. Joy

Got some more progress done on the battle system! We've got a resized and more compact skill selection, with descriptions dynamically pulling in the required item names, icons and current quantity! And I've got the battle message window resized along with an actor face bar for showing the...
  17. Joy

Deeply back into the game making again. Now that I'm a programmer by profession, time to see about finishing up old projects that I had his roadblocks on in the past. Learning RGSS2 as I go. For The Order of the Marten, updated the screen size to better scale for modern displays, and had to go...
  18. Joy

Less talk, more do. Let's get this demo out.

Less talk, more do. Let's get this demo out.
  19. Joy

Consumable Item Effects

I've got a game I'm getting the demo together for right now that has no magic, so consumables are very important and varied. The key is that they are deeply integrated into the system, with both a crafting system to create and upgrade them and a skill integration for use in battle. Some skills...
  20. Joy

Game & Map Screenshots 10

Working on a map to use for a technical demo for a tactical battle system, so the goal is to start from the bottom center and make it to the broken altar through the course of the battle. The puddles and walk-able stone rubble in the water are there to demonstrate a risk/reward system for the...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:
I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection
Zaj
Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
Sometimes im the biggest fool alive... Ah well, ce la vie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuCaRoCa