Search results

1. RoseofCrimson

How to Connect the Maps Properly using the Transfer Bug Created

A little aside: If you hold shift while using autotile you change how it places them
  2. RoseofCrimson

How to Connect the Maps Properly using the Transfer Bug Created

Open conditional branch and go to the script section Type $if $game.player.direction == 2 && $game_player.x == 9 && $game_player.y == 13 Close your conditional branch and teleport your player using event commands. If you're curious $game_player.direction == <direction> The directions are: [...
  3. RoseofCrimson

[XP] How would I use an event comment or event name to call a block in the rgss editor?

I'm aware of how to do that. I'm trying to use RGSS to call code blocks using event comments or events names. Like if I were to do something like class Scene_Map alias Save_Initialize initialize def initialize @LocationsSaved = 0 end Save_Initialize alias Save_Update update def update if...
  4. RoseofCrimson

[XP] How would I use an event comment or event name to call a block in the rgss editor?

Something like <save> that'll call a save point or something.
  5. RoseofCrimson

Any good commercial/ non-commercial rm game recommendations?

I've played a few good games that I enjoyed including Umbral Soul Alter Aila Starless Umbra Helen's Mysterious Castle Eternal Senia I am a huge fan of Action Rpgs and games with non-traditional combat (these are usually passion projects), however, they're so rare that I have a hard time...
  6. RoseofCrimson

Screen shake snippet

I'm pretty stuck at this point. I've tried: $game_screen.start_shake(2, 3 , 4) $game_map.screen.start_shake(2, 3 , 4) ... I also tried transferring the attr_reader (and making it an accessor) to my script, but I'm getting nothing. A little help? Edit: I'm an idiot. I fixed it. (A conditional...
  7. RoseofCrimson

What's the snippet for checking if a certain skill is learned

I figured it out a few hours prior, but thanks for the in depth explanation, Z'. I'm sure it'll help in similar problems in the future.
  8. RoseofCrimson

It's was RGSS the solution was as simple as removing the $data_skills[9]
  9. RoseofCrimson

not working... absolutely frustrating.
  10. RoseofCrimson

$game_party.actors[@actor].skill_learn?(skillid) or skill_include? I'm trying to write a script that checks to see if the first member of the party knows x skill (let's say the first skill in the database). I'd also like to know the snippet for $game_actors[1] etc etc.
  11. RoseofCrimson

Why I'm dropping GameJolt support and why you should too

Are you not reading their comments? The "attacks" from me were not hostile just blunt. I agree that I crossed the line with my language I do not agree that I'm attacking others. My other comments were criticism, and the above comment was retaliation to Clean Water's comment.
  12. RoseofCrimson

@CleanWater Mmm, but I've a huge fanbase though... The last time I attempted to advertise my game I had 18k people waiting for the release. As I said I'm an oldbie that has been around since rm95. I'd say if -I- ever decided to be a publisher you'd have a better chance to be successful under...
  13. RoseofCrimson

Yeah, I don't want to soapbox and run crusades. I saw a topic of one person calling for everyone to abandon something, because he experienced poor results and I wanted to reply. I do recall Tuomo also recruiting unknowing people to have their work published by him on steam.. which gives him a...
  14. RoseofCrimson

Ego? Me...? No, I've no semblance of ego. I am not a social person, so I don't sugar coat words. I've been part of the RM community since rm95, and there are many rm makers I respect and admire. RM makers that made beautiful and fun games for free, before steam was even part of the rotation...
  15. RoseofCrimson

These are all cult classics on youtube with millions of views and a huge following. Lisa, Witches House, Yumme Nikki, Corpse Party. There are more, but I doubt you'd care... you're too busy blaming everyone else but yourself on your lack of success because of your arrogance. *Gamejolt may or...
  16. RoseofCrimson

You'll have to take into account word of mouth and the like. There isn't a magic formula that leads to success, but that doesn't mean you should half ass your work because you may or may not succeed.
  17. RoseofCrimson

It's consistent with reality. It's a $15.00 rpg maker that doesn't look very fun for its price. Amber Throne is VERY beautiful, but it's just pretty. I see Amber Throne and I think "that's such a lovely looking game", but I don't think "It looks fun.". Data Hacker isn't popular, it's mixed, and...
  18. RoseofCrimson

I personally purchase promising rpg maker games every month on steam scouring new releases and watching old ones. If one thing is consistent is the games that look amazing does well and the medicore games are always less active (0-16 comments). The worst thing you could do as an artist is think...
  19. RoseofCrimson

If you constantly think you're the best without putting any effort into your growth you'll always remain where you are, Tuomo. There are many people here that have more views on Gamejolt. If you click their projects you'll see a quality difference between your stuff and theirs. On steam the...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I realized that I don't talk about my game's plot too much. not that I'm hiding stuff, I just don't know what I should tell people in general that would be important. I know more so what plot points NOT to tell.
Have any of you read Sutter Kane?
jaynightwolf wrote on GalacticGod's profile.
hello GALACTICGOD I loved your characters especially the super heroes, I am new to this rpg program and I would like to know if you have more characters from DC comics, be they villains or heroes
My winter pack is now free on itch.io!
Writing music for Utara Forest, a location in All the King's Men. Nothing evokes a mysterious, dreamy sound like solo clarinet and modulation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YoSocrates