Search results

1. ChampX

Accurate Playtime

RPG Maker MV is designed to run generally at 60 fps. As such, it keeps track of the total amount of play time a player has been playing by monitoring the total number of frames that have been run. This is all fine and dandy if the game is always running at 60 fps. If, however, the player is on a...
  2. ChampX

The Escape Key

As I'm developing my game, I wrote code to have the escape key close out the game window as many gamers would expect that functionality. The thought, however, occurred to me that many players used to RPG Maker games may prefer the escape key's original functionality of doubling as a cancel and...
  3. ChampX

Multiple Game Processes in Task Manager

Whether I test play from the editor, or launch a deployed game, I noticed there are multiple instances of Game.exe within task manager. This even happens on minimum bare-bones projects and looks something like this. Windows 10, while not pictured here, will list the duplicates as...
  4. ChampX

Preferred Input for Games

In RM games we have three methods of player input that can be used to interact with the game worlds: keyboard, mouse/touch, and gamepad. Out of curiosity, my question for you all is if playing a traditional RPG on desktop, what input method would you prefer? I can easily understand arguments for...
  5. ChampX

Oh hey there!

I've read a lot of posts and posted a couple of times in the past, but as I slowly work on my own project I'll probably be a little more active on this forum. Anyway, I used RPG Maker during the old 2K3 and XP days to start learning how to create games during my teenage years. Fast forward a...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

palatkorn wrote on Kes's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing
I hope to be able to post my vxace resource edits this Wednesday.
Not sure if I'll get to the library though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah