Search results

1. coticka

YEP passive states. MP kill problem?

I've set the actors to have state 1 (death) as a passive state. And in the state itself, I have- <Custom Passive Condition> if (user.mp / user.mmp <= 0.0) { condition = true; } else { condition = false; } Which works as intended. The strange thing is that actors who are MP...
  2. coticka

Force dmg motion when receiving mp damage?

Perhaps there's a way to do this already? Though I haven't found it. But is there another plug-in out there that forces the SV charset to use the damaged motion frames when being inflicted with MP damage from an enemy?
  3. coticka

Scottytv's Enemy Book help with editing window sizes?

I tried messing with the .js file myself but I just got errors. Is there anyone that can point out to me how I can manually alter the window heights of enemy list and elements? And placement of the enemy graphic? Or just remove the 'status' window header so everything can fit? Here is the link...
  4. coticka

Player Followers possible tweak?

Similar to Victor Sant's 'Followers Options' script for vxace, is there any way to edit some of the native .js files to possibly add a slight lag or wait time? Or specify the follower's movement in relationship to the radius or number of tiles away from the player they are?
  5. coticka

Screen Resolution.

Hello friends. I was wondering is there was a possible resolution lower than the default of of 816 x 624 that would still give crisp edges. Not worried about fullscreening. Or is there a way to keep the resolution the same but crop in the borders of the application window itself?
  6. coticka

Scan Enemy through switches/common events?

Hello friends. I am currently trying to figure out a way how I can set up a switch with a variable and perhaps a common event to be called when using an item on an enemy, and I think I need some help. So would it be along the lines of- -Item is used on enemy. -Switch is turned on. -Variable...
  7. coticka

MV draws some icons off-grid sometimes. Any Advice?

I am using a custom IconSet that I made. I use gimp with a 32x32 grid so I have double-checked that everything is placed within it's boundaries. I am also not using any sort of specialized re-sizing/resolution plug-in. Yet, I still find that during some windows, the engine will draw the icons 1...
  8. coticka

FREE [VXACE]StepStory||Searching for help...

StepStory is a JRPG-styled fantasy game that I started work on a bit more than half a year ago. The game uses the DS/FES DLC as a basis for it's graphics, but expands upon this by pulling from other similar styles and my own work. I'm trying to make a game that seems familiar, but enjoyably...
  9. coticka

Victor Target Arrow Issue...

Hello friends. My issue- I get this error message upon using the basic attack command. The weird thing is, I only experience this issue if I use the attack command before skills. If I use an actor's skill before using the attack command, then I am free to use the attack command with no errors...
  10. coticka

Force player to face event?

Hello friends. I ran into a small problem that I can't find out how to work-around. It seems there isn't a built-in way to force the player to face a specified event. When map enemies chase a player and finally catch them, I'd like to be able to make the player face the direction of the enemy...
  11. coticka

Text Box Vertical Reposition?

I'm using Yanfly's Text Script which works fine and all, the only thing is I'm looking for a way to reposition the y-coordinate of how the text box defaults to when at the bottom of the screen. Here's an image for reference of what I'm trying to do. Is there any way do accomplish this through...
  12. coticka

Event graphic change help...

When using the "Set Move Route" command to change the event's graphic, it seems as if you cannot specify which column it defaults to. Is there a way to use a script command? I remember reading something about @Pattern = x but I'm not quite sure how pattern commands work. Any help would be...
  13. coticka

Looking for some feedback...

I've been working extensively on my own project and I feel it's coming along nicely. The game has a mixture of interactive key items/tools, choices that matter, and custom sprite animations/characterization. There are no random battles and currency is decently scarce. But I do have a few ideas...
  14. coticka

Help with CSCA Encyclopedia...

I am trying to use Casper's Encyclopedia Script, found here. >http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/2775-csca-encyclopedia-w-bestiary/ After a half-hour of tweaking things in the configuration, I finally made it look halfway passable. Now the problem I'm trying to fix are as follows: -The "Key...
  15. coticka

DS FES Resource Pack question...

So I have spent a humongous amount of time combining/editing tilesets and object graphics for my game. Along with editing and converting some things from my XP resources as well with the use of GIMP since the shading style has many similarities to the DS resource pack. When I saw FES was...
  16. coticka

Actor-Specific Common Event Help?

Simple idea at first glance. Use a consumable item on a party member through "Show Choices" since you can't specify a conditional branch through item use alone. They learn the skill. But, through the use of a conditional branch, If the skill exists then the item is returned and the common event...
  17. coticka

State auto removal too quick?

I have a simple interaction with food items. Eat a usable item, gain a state that lasts for 3000 steps. Yet, it seems like no matter what it always removes after 200 steps (I have a step counter to tell) and even when lasting multiple turns, if the battle lasts 1 turn it auto removes as well...
  18. coticka

Change Stat Down Color?

I assume it'd be pretty easy to do. Unfortunately, I cannot find where to change the text color when you have "-Atk/-Def" Etc... Where would I locate that and change the text color. I know that it's through the number of the color from the windowskin image file. I just need to know where to do...
  19. coticka

Chasing Jimmy

Created with RMVXACE.  DISCLAIMER! : I DO NOT reserve the rights nor do I own any music, scripts, tilesets, and character sheets that have been used in the creation of this game. The only files used in this game that I fully own is my own character artwork used for Austin, Gregory, and...
  20. coticka

Tankentai battler enemy question?!

I've come to become quite okay at animating skills and importing battlers in my translated version of Tankentai for RMVX Ace.  The problem is that sometimes the animated enemy battler will stay flipped backwards as their coordinate resets until a player hits them. Or sometimes it bugs out and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

my profile has gotten so inaccurate.
I wrote this years ago, only now I posted an english version. How about we talk about procrastination?
I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cadenm1223