Search results

1. Aryam777

Yanfly Doodads issue.

You can always make sure by cutting the graphic into 2 or 4 parts and place them as 2 or 4 separate doodads to try and see... Altough I did use some larger doodads none of them have been as large as yours, but I never encountered any problems. It does however look like a drawing problem. This...
  2. Aryam777

Recalculate Params on command

Well I have this situation where a parameter is dependant on a variable. So when a variable changes I need the game to recalculate params, as if a weapon was equiped or a level up occured. I can level up and then level back down to achieve the recalculation but, leveling up might change other...
  3. Aryam777

Yanfly's Common Event Menu Window Backgrounds

There is another RGSS thread for VX ace... It's called RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace) I didn't see a scripting thread for MV, however this one is missing a creator version name... And after looking inside I saw people asking in several posts about MV's plugins in here... If I am wrong however would...
  4. Aryam777

Thanks but no. :) I'm talking about the plugin's windows. Yanfly's Common Event Menu are custom made menus that you can make yourself. Like a teleport menu where you choose a location to teleport or a help menu. Menu's that aren't availible in the default engine. Now these menu's use the same...
  5. Aryam777

MV Parallax Mapping for Beginners (3 Part Video Series)

I was really inspired by this tutorial. So far I did a LOT of work with the tiles to make my maps look pretty but that's.... Art. :) Makes me feel sad I'm more of a coder than an artis... :p And also makes me want to be more than I already am! xD Thanks for that thing! There's really nothing I...
  6. Aryam777

Game Message and Choice dynamic text code Tutorial

Thanks for the advice. I have reviewed the post and fixed some spelling errors and added some more explanations and pictures. I will also soon add a copy-paste script template to play with in someone's new project.
  7. Aryam777

Game Message and Choice dynamic text code Tutorial

Messages and Choices via Scripts and Dynamic Text Codes It has been very difficult to find an answer for this, as well as to find a cohesive explanation of choice scripting. Google searching and copy pasting always makes the console to dump an exception on you... While trying to overcome the...
  8. Aryam777

It might be a silly one but all I can seem to achieve is the default "window" background option... What if I want "dim" or "transparent"? Or just to remove borders from those windows... Anyone? Tried searching "common even window background" on forums here and tutorials not to be a pain but...
  9. Aryam777

How to keep Message Window when displaying choices

Also if you want to add custom Choices with scripts right after your message... Remove the line this.index++, and replaces this.setupChoices with what you want. In fact I think I'll make a choice scripting tutorial because I myself couldn't find any single clear explanation about how that...
  10. Aryam777

Here's what we did:
  11. Aryam777

SOLVED AGAIN!!! xD This however doesn't seem to pretty and neat. After your $gameMessage.add() function you should simply add these three lines: this._index++; this.setupChoices(this.currentCommand().parameters); this.setWaitMode('message'); And now questions show perfectly. :) But I still...
  12. Aryam777

That was quick. ^^ Well I'm only using the "Script Calls" spreadsheet as a main source of "inspiration". It doesn't mention anything about "Show Message". I did find "Show Text" note in the rpg_objects.js however. I can't seem to figure out how to call command101 from inside the script... Or...
  13. Aryam777

I know this normally happens by default. However in this specific situation I have to use scripts to display a message that will provide info for the choices. So $gameMessage.setFaceImage('Actor1',0); $gameMessage.setBackground(1); $gameMessage.setPositionType(2); $gameMessage.add("My message...
  14. Aryam777

Acces to old ReStaff packages

Ofcourse they are. xD Indeed the old links have been rendered useless and all the mothly categories are neatly ordered within the "Resources Index" subject that I somehow missed. Thank you. :)
  15. Aryam777

Can you use var in a text as pointer to another var?

SOLVED IT! :D Actually I dug in the default jscript and in the plugin's script and those things are usually handled by the "replace" and "parseInt" String function. And there is no smart way to take over the "parseInt" except to already feed it pre-prepped data. And THAT gave me an idea to use...
  16. Aryam777

Acces to old ReStaff packages

Hi! So if I saw something I really like in old ReStaff packages (like year 2012 or 2013) should I be able to download them? Recent links are working correctly, but when I click on download links for old ReStaff materials it always says "the page does not exist". Are the older packs unavailible...
  17. Aryam777

Can you use var in a text as pointer to another var?

What I mean is if you can do something like this: ex. \v[ v[7] ] While Yanfly's extended messages allows to display item icons and text, it only works when you input a specific number (like \ii[7]), however I would like a message to display a previously selected item. I already know the item's...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Whew, just finished a whirlwind of deadlines. Finally a tiny break. You know...I should go update my 2020 banner now.
image_2021-06-16_153010.png

Why are barrels to difficult? xD I feel like i Barrel...y made it....eh EHHH!? :p
Bluh... glad this present heatwave is coming to a close...
Look what I found, it was my first ABS.

This project was never completed because I had lost the computer where it was stored.
Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lassmuoo