Search results

1. Beckx

I bought Rimworld last week and i have to say: between "normal" work and my newest addiction...

I bought Rimworld last week and i have to say: between "normal" work and my newest addiction, it's hard to get anything else done :D
  2. Beckx

yeah, me too! Often times those sketches and drafts are also what inspires me most. Idk, seeing...

yeah, me too! Often times those sketches and drafts are also what inspires me most. Idk, seeing a finished video you sometimes lose the feeling of how it was made and maybe are just stunned and in awe and maybe a little discouraged. With sketches i often feel like "hey you know, i can actually...
  3. Beckx

The order in which I'm working on my project's tasks is total wack by the way.... oh well, at...

The order in which I'm working on my project's tasks is total wack by the way.... oh well, at least things are getting done, lol
  4. Beckx

Currently sketching out my intro scene :) There'll be a few more seconds added where the start...

Currently sketching out my intro scene :) There'll be a few more seconds added where the start village is revealed / maybe a little bit more convo, though i want to keep it as short as possible, so we'll see :D
  5. Beckx

fun fact: those fly things where the very first thing i drew for my world. I didn't even knew...

fun fact: those fly things where the very first thing i drew for my world. I didn't even knew back then that there would be a world where they could belong too, lol I just kept making up stuff why they'd be able to fly 'n stuff and then boom! world creation :guffaw:
  6. Beckx

[IMG] This is roughly how i want every frame to be painted and let me tell you, it takes...

This is roughly how i want every frame to be painted and let me tell you, it takes foreeeeeever.
  7. Beckx

[IMG] Because it will be ages until i finish this animation, here's a WIP :) It's supposed to...

Because it will be ages until i finish this animation, here's a WIP :) It's supposed to be a fly-thingy for 1-2 persons. there's also lore why the machinery can fly and why it has the form of a whale / or other ocean creatures, too lol. Animation is 31 frames long, and "hand-drawn" (digitally)...
  8. Beckx

RMMV Struct parameter problem- JSON.parse doesn't work

this could on the one hand be one of those examples where Javascript is really wonky. is your value really a boolean value or maybe a string "true" or a number? have you logged chosenNRG? the "!" in front negates the value you're getting, so in your condition you're actually asking if chosenNRG...
  9. Beckx

RMMV M - a Detective Game

uuh, i love the atmosphere! One teeny tiny little issue i have though, is that the carriages further away are bigger than the ones in the front :) Perspective wise it should be the other way round, but on the other hand i really like the bigger carriages in the back moving slower than the ones...
  10. Beckx

RMMV Animated Icons

is this the whole JS file? Because it gets cut off at the end, which could be why it's not working out.
  11. Beckx

(SOLVED)Guards/event outfit changes when speaking, then changes back when finished?

could you add screenshots of the guard event pages (showing the whole event window) and maybe their spritesheets to? like this, it's really hard to tell what might be wrong, and there are different possible combinations that might cause something like this. also, as an fyi you can edit your...
  12. Beckx

So, i started planning what I'd need to build plugin-wise to achieve what i want for my game...

So, i started planning what I'd need to build plugin-wise to achieve what i want for my game. developing those isn't a problem and i want to create my own. but i'd like to brainstorm a little eg. about which "classes" to use / change / etc. to get the best results., since there are a few...
  13. Beckx

My laptop got splashed with water (not by me) so now a whole weekend of progress is going to be...

My laptop got splashed with water (not by me) so now a whole weekend of progress is going to be lost, while it sits there and i'll have to hope everything is working again on monday. Currently only the T and z aren't working so at least there's hope. my Phone is a brick though, so see you...
  14. Beckx

help me improve a "Priest" Job

yeah, protection or support buffs by doing some prayer? I think seeing ghosts or something to that nature could also be applied to priests, i mean, looking at catholic priests and their exorcisms and such. Though that would be overlapping with your shaman instead the healer :D priests also deal...
  15. Beckx

and with those annoying "why don't you smile more" comments! :D i also hope the awareness that...

and with those annoying "why don't you smile more" comments! :D i also hope the awareness that you probably shouldn't be drinking from the same bottle when you're sick or the other person has the cold or something will be kept.
  16. Beckx

I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't...

I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :( so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
  17. Beckx

How long is to long of a beginning?

Honestly, I think it really depends on the game. It sounds like the player can actually interact with your game world and your using this time as some sort of tutorial, which should be fine, imo. if it's only text for 15 min or more then that's definitely too much, lol
  18. Beckx

You know, having a project this big is kinda nice. I can procrastinate working on one part...

You know, having a project this big is kinda nice. I can procrastinate working on one part, while still progressing with another part :guffaw:
  19. Beckx

well, first of all, i reaaaally suck at names, basically nothing is named yet, although i'm...

well, first of all, i reaaaally suck at names, basically nothing is named yet, although i'm working on the setting for what, eight years lol... so they don't really have one yet, but i'm tending more and more towards something short and simply like "Wol" :) although puffy bird definitely has its...
  20. Beckx

i want to make it official that alpacaraptor will forever be the working title for them! <3...

i want to make it official that alpacaraptor will forever be the working title for them! <3 (it's unfortunately not fitting for the game setting, but i already have some ideas about some minigames :D )

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Having fun in Orlando! We had a lot of fun at the arcade, even though I didn't win any jackpots this time, and then we went to Outback and got a Blooming Onion. Tomorrow we're driving to Fort Myers to see my stepmom.
Now that I have the XP RTP back, I was looking through the files and found Fighter 7, the inspiration for my first sona! She's evolved since then, but it gave me such nostalgia!
Character sprites are difficult to create so I decided to get/buy some. Got the Pixel Champions from Alexdraws. But It had no walking animation :/ But redid the free ones from the Mighty Pack <3 Turned out pretty good imo.Calistra.PNG
Tempted to come up with a unique spell naming system....But ''Fire Magic'' and ''Fire,Fira,Firaga'' are so easily recognizable :p
Yesterday I discovered that I can copy/paste multiple commands by holding shift. I tried this when I started developing holding ctrl and when it didn't work I just copied every single command one by one. For two years.

I am in heaven now.
All right, so lesson learned. No more complicated battle systems for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsCloxdy