Search results

1. p0_boy

[SOLVED MYSELF] Galv's MV Message Styles & MV Event Spawner

Howdy again, folks- New day, new challenge. I hope that you can help :) I have been using Galv's MV Message Styles plug-in- here are some excerpts from the plug-in help to give a better idea of how it works: In addition to the examples above, \pop[0] will "target the event [that] the Show...
  2. p0_boy

Dynamic Event Creation causing TypeError

Aloha, folks- I have a plug-in with the following function (MapCrowd()): // Reads current map's [Note] field and assigns events to specified regions. function MapCrowd() { // Check that <clone> tag is present in [Note] field. if ($dataMap.meta.clone != undefined) {...
  3. p0_boy

DataManager.loadDataFile

Howdy, folks- I have the following code: let event_to_clone = (eventId_code) => { let result = {}; switch (eventId_code === parseInt(eventId_code, 10)) { case false: let temporary = eventId_code.toString().split(`.`); let mapId = temporary[0]...
  4. p0_boy

Hardware Recommendations

I hope I am posting this in the right forum. If not, I apologize. I've been using RPG Maker MV on a MacBook Pro for a few months now and it is working splendid, but I am looking to purchase a second computer that I can use for testing Windows builds. Steam lists RMMV's minimum requirements...
  5. p0_boy

Loading Base64 Data URLs as Event Images

Is there any way to designate a Base64 image string / data url as the image of an event? There are many posts about saving PNGs as Base64 data strings but I can't find anything about the best practice for loading them. I came across this post by @mogwai which shows how to use one for the...
  6. p0_boy

More Questions About Asynchronous Programming

Hello again, e'rybody- I have the following JSON object, stored in a variable ($gameSystem._ipLookupJSON): Each of the keys in the object above is a URL. I am trying to write a function ($._findService()) that: Goes through each key one by one, Sends that key to another function...
  7. p0_boy

Check if URL exists

Hello, party people in the place to be- I have the following Frankenstein function: $._urlExists = function(url_to_check) { var result = false; // check if string is valid url format, source: https://stackoverflow.com/a/5717133 var pattern = new...
  8. p0_boy

List of Event Codes

Howdy, folks- New week, new query. Thank you to everybody who has given me help thus far. I have tried to crawl through Google to find an answer but am not able to find anything- is there a list that exists anywhere that indicates the event codes for events as they appear in the map JSON...
  9. p0_boy

pagpatay.an: r.i.p. events

about the plug-in "patay" means dead in the tagalog language. pagpatay.an does just that- it 'kills' events dynamically and makes sure they stay dead. for use with methods that generate new events through code during gameplay, and other neat applications. download killEvents.js [Google...
  10. p0_boy

Counting The Number Of Maps In A Game?

Hello again, everybody- Quick question- is there a script call to count the total number of maps in the game? I have tried to Google for an answer and go over the RPG Maker Library but came up with nothing. The only other way I can think of is to write a function to count the Map***.json...
  11. p0_boy

The Illusion of Depth/Distance Using Scale

Howdy, folks- I started on a basic script which uses @Aramis-IX 's Sprite Zoom plugin to increase/decrease the player's size depending on where they are located on a map's Y axis to create the illusion of depth/distance. Rather than have it run as a parallel process, I tried adding an event...
  12. p0_boy

Event Creation in JS

Hello, everybody- I am working on a script where I am trying to create a new Event during gameplay: $._bago = function() { var template_id = 0; // default- blank event template if (arguments.length != 0) template_id = Number(arguments[0]); // get event template...
  13. p0_boy

bituin.js - Mario Super Star (On-Map) Effect

bituin.js (v0.7) by dismal_science__ Introduction bituin.js enables you to call a Mario-like "Super Star" effect, while on-map. It is useful for single-actor games that employ an ABS rather than the default RMMV turn-based procedure. During the effect period: a parameter-specified...
  14. p0_boy

Better Way To "Freeze" a Player's HP?

I am working on a game that uses an ABS plugin, so all of the action takes place on-map. There are points when I need to "freeze" the player's HP, and prevent it from suffering damage. I am currently using a script that uses a variable to store the player's HP: var xActor =...
  15. p0_boy

Script equivalent of Player Speed?

Hello- I was hoping that somebody might be able to tell me what the JavaScript equivalent of this is? ◆Set Movement Route:Player :Set Movement Route:◇Speed:6 The RMMV Script Calls spreadsheet has some information on using Game_Character.prototype.processMoveCommand instead of Set...
  16. p0_boy

zHUD - A Zelda-esque HP HUD Plug-In

zHUD (v0.8) by dismal_science__ and Caethyril Introduction zHUD is a very rudimentary HP Head-Up Display, reminiscent to the style used in the Zelda series. zHUD is designed for use with single-actor games. zHUD uses a set of image files to indicate HP status. Parameters Prefix This...
  17. p0_boy

Converting a Script into a Plug-In

Hey, folks- I have been using RPG Maker MV for little over a month now and am at the point where I am trying to add a HUD to my game. I adapted an RPG Maker VX ACE tutorial by a user named Pixii, and came up with the following, simple script: Number.prototype.roundTo = function(num) {...
  18. p0_boy

Stuck In Place After Transfer Player

Hello, everybody- I am running into a problem and wonder if any of you can please help me out? I am trying to streamline the way my character moves from one map to the other using a Common Event and a Map Event but upon executing it, my character is transferred to the other map but is stuck...
  19. p0_boy

Changing the MOG_ChronoEngine.js Default Font to SFont

I am currently using MOGHUNTER’s Chrono Engine ABS plugin in my project, as well as Victor Engine’s SFont plugin. But, as displayed in the screen capture below, the Chrono Engine seems to still be using RPG Maker MV’s default font. In the last paragraph of Victor Engine’s SFont Help text...
  20. p0_boy

MOG_CharPoses - "TypeError: Cannot read property '_chrono' of null

Hey, All- I hope I am posting this in the right forum- I am using MOGHUNTER's Chrono Engine ABS, along with the MOG_CharPoses plug-in in my project. However, whenever I equip an item and hit the spacebar (attack button) I get the following error: TypeError: Cannot read property '_chrono' of...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

//Sees it's the same price at Best Buy for a new SSD as Amazon
//Sees it's 103F outside and Best Buy is half a hour of driving.
//Orders from Amazon.
I'll wait the 2-3 days. :LZSwink:
Just a little teaser screenshot of Mountain Village...

Screenshot (364).png
Zeno Remake's English Release, & A Text Editor That Lets Us Type Anywhere | RPG Maker News #76

Make a Game in RMMZ Streams are going to remain in hiatus this week. Too much to do! 4 things will be announced on Monday though! Look forward to that.
Typed a long-ish reply to a post... forgot to actually HIT the post button, and moved to a different page.... finally noticed, don't remember what all I had typed and don't feel like trying to re-type it all.... smh....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pacuxo