Search results

1. ATT_Turan

My question would be...faith increases attack why? Everyone is a zealot so being faithful makes...

My question would be...faith increases attack why? Everyone is a zealot so being faithful makes you charge into battle? Your pantheon doesn't have any peaceful priests?
  2. ATT_Turan

Very cute.

Very cute.
  3. ATT_Turan

Why is 'below' priority the default?

I'm aware. But his post I quoted made it sound like RPGs are supposed to be all about interacting with characters and objects, and RPG Maker makes no attempt to do that - when it does in a very sane way. I did address his beef in the latter part of my post (which sounds weird to type).
  4. ATT_Turan

And, one more time, as soon as you give an event the graphic of an object or person it changes the passability for you. So those two clicks don't exist! You're doing all this haranguing over a very niche scenario that you've created for yourself.
  5. ATT_Turan

I don't understand this misconception that below character necessitates autorun. No one has said that autorun events are more common. Again, that's narrow-minded to what you specifically want. Do you really think it makes sense to say "We're going to allow users to customize the default...
  6. ATT_Turan

I literally provided 4 common usages, just off the top of my head. Do you honestly never walk out of a town to an overworld map? And walk onto a map symbol to enter a town or dungeon? There's not a mechanical difference. A monologue is just a cutscene where all the dialogue is coming from one...
  7. ATT_Turan

You have a lot of not entirely logical complaints, and you keep phrasing them in pretty impolite ways (your sarcastic "geniuses" about the software programmers is rude). So those items will have whatever passability set by the tileset, and it doesn't matter what the event is. Have you done...
  8. ATT_Turan

How do I...make a cutscene happen no matter how your HP drops to 0?

You can't just...rename a file on your Mac? o_O Download Atom? I dunno, someone else will have to offer you computer support.
  9. ATT_Turan

RMMV Yanfly and CCEX plugin issues

The first step is to double-check your plugin order - make sure all of Yanfly's plugins are in the order given on the Web site. Then try reversing which is lower on the list, the Battle Status or the Character Creator. And if none of that helps, they just might not be compatible, and you might...
  10. ATT_Turan

Copy the text, paste it into Notepad. Save it as Kath_GameOver.js.
  11. ATT_Turan

Have you tried a search to see if anyone's already written a plugin to insert events on a Game Over? Here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/custom-game-over-behavior.55072/
  12. ATT_Turan

Akea Animated Battle System 2

I don't understand - that's what it does. You said in your first post that you're not using standard sprite sheets, you drew your own custom larger ones. You don't need to know any coding to make the plugin work very nicely unless you're also modifying the artwork.
  13. ATT_Turan

I think Htlaets has it on the nose - you're going at it oddly. You're both trying to have the event on an autorun from a switch and trying to call it through the Custom Apply - which, if the event is an autorun, won't do anything. You can, as far as I know, only make an autorun event happen by...
  14. ATT_Turan

RMMV Yanfly's Action Sequence + Substitute

Right, as I said, this was just a basic version for you to customize as you like. Many people want an ally who's "covering" for others to do it regardless of their HP - you want it only when they're in the yellow, and you figured out how to do that. For the covering herself part, that was just...
  15. ATT_Turan

Why does it sometimes think a music file doesn't exist before playing it anyway?

Okay! It's taken 4 posts, but you have finally explained your situation. 1 - This has nothing to do with RPG Maker. You're using a third-party site to stream your game, which is not how they are normally played. Any service issues (such as audio not streaming fast enough to load during play)...
  16. ATT_Turan

Why does it sometimes think a music file doesn't exist before playing it anyway?

You don't explain your situation very well - indiexpo appears to be a completely different Web site, so you didn't actually see things about using zip files on here? I still see absolutely nothing about this no matter what terms I search for, so you'll need to provide some links to what you're...
  17. ATT_Turan

Whoo, okay, you have a bunch of stuff going on here. Let's do one thing at a time, okay? So the first thing: what exactly worked and what exactly failed? Did the party member with substitute jump in front of the target? You're changing a lot of stuff, and most of it shouldn't be guesswork...
  18. ATT_Turan

RMMZ Fade In / Out Text Message for Content Warnings

And it's not the same content you're warning about, to be able to just reuse the screen? And you're going to have these warnings in the middle of your gameplay? Basing your decisions on whether you think users are going to randomly look through your game assets is odd to me, but hey! It's your...
  19. ATT_Turan

@Trihan had it slightly backward (and @Ronove, this is all in the action sequence documentation for you to just read) - the action sequences use "actor x" to "select the actor in slot x" - there is also "character x" which will "select the specific character with actor ID x." So if you have...
  20. ATT_Turan

This whole thread is confusing. What plugins are you using that might be causing this? 1 - The default engine does not handle assets that are in zip archives, only the regular files placed in the appropriate directory. The documentation for MZ doesn't claim otherwise, and I'm not seeing...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D
What do you guys want to see for the new Jump into Javascript? A continuation of the rpg_objects, or would you prefer a "lesson 0" where I go back to the absolute basics of Javascript and cover the fundamentals of the language and its construction?
Hey RPG members!!

How do you finish projects? Some new game developers start off strong but end up losing momentum. What keeps you motivated while working on new projects?
Feeling wee sleepy.. ZzzZ
So many threads to move to the right place. My post count is awesome, but 95% of it is due to moving things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenjum