Search results

1. TheRiotInside

should my first game be my "big" game?

Man, I can totally relate to what you said. Call it what it is, but I dread the thought of making something so deep and beautiful and having it flop because nobody knows who I am. I've been writing my "Big Honking Full-bore Project Extravaganza" for a little over two years now ever since I was...
  2. TheRiotInside

Hahaha, I wish!

Hahaha, I wish!
  3. TheRiotInside

Leaving a comment to remind myself to check this out later.

Leaving a comment to remind myself to check this out later.
  4. TheRiotInside

Happy anniversary! You two should prepare and deliver romantic slam poetry to each other to...

Happy anniversary! You two should prepare and deliver romantic slam poetry to each other to commemorate the special occasion.
  5. TheRiotInside

I'm deep into writing story and world-building for my first serious game effort of my 14-year...

I'm deep into writing story and world-building for my first serious game effort of my 14-year RPG Maker on-and-off relationship, haha. It'll still be some time before I can even open the editor though ._.
  6. TheRiotInside

Event RPG Maker 28th Birthday : Release Something Event

I remember opening up Don Miguel's, um..."early release" of RPG Maker 2000 for the first time 14 years ago. Took me a week to figure out how to make a door! We've all come a long way I'm sure, haha. I had no idea RPG Maker and I were born in the same month. Good luck to all the contestants (:
  7. TheRiotInside

That's some solid animation work right there.

That's some solid animation work right there.
  8. TheRiotInside

Enemy and Troop Revamp

Good ideas! I think a fairly straightforward way to implement this would be to basically treat each enemy like a class. You can set stat curves, skills at certain levels, all of the features already given to actor classes. This would work nicely along with an expanded condition set for AI. As...
  9. TheRiotInside

How do you start development?

I'm learning that the more you have planned out before touching the program the better. Even if it's just a rough skeleton of your game jotted down, it allows you to make your game non-linearly. If you're making it up as you go, you aren't able to add cohesion throughout your game, which can...
  10. TheRiotInside

Strategy and Defense "Battle" System

If executed well, this idea really has a lot of potential. Whether it be the main battle system throughout your game, a sweet minigame, or a climactic final confrontation between an army and your outnumbered party. Definitely shelving this concept for later!
  11. TheRiotInside

Uh, so I came skulking through here to see how the half marathon went, when I finally realized...

Uh, so I came skulking through here to see how the half marathon went, when I finally realized you said two months and not two weeks, but you very kindly did not correct me, haha.
  12. TheRiotInside

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

@Riku_Masamune Hey, see if this works: a.gainHp(-(Math.randomInt(500) + 500)) ; a.mat * 5 My syntax might be off somewhere, but the Math.randomInt(500) function should give you something in the 0 to 499 range, so adding 500 after should give you the 500 to 999 you're looking for. :)
  13. TheRiotInside

RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

@KeeganKLM Hey, if you were still looking around for a plugin to add custom parameters, definitely check out Quasi Params Plus! You can make your own parameters with it, which can be used in damage formulas and has compatibility with a lot of popular plugins. :)
  14. TheRiotInside

Allowing Free Exploration

I like most of what has been mentioned so far. Red text over the mob is such a classic example because it's so elegant and effective in my opinion. I think it's a pretty easy implementation with existing plugins (Yanfly's or possibly some others) that allow for text over events. A basic...
  15. TheRiotInside

Continuous Flow Style Mapping

I would try and give each forest a certain niche; something that makes it stand out from the rest of them. Even if it's some basic things like what kind of flowers there are, to a subtle screen tint or overlay, it all helps to differentiate one area from the next. Really though, just strive...
  16. TheRiotInside

Instant Turn Battle

This is really nice! I was in the camp of people trying to make this kind of system with the CTB, frustrated by the under-the-hood mechanics doing things I wasn't into. This seems to be just what I'm looking for. :) Do you have any plans to add functionality to move targets around in the...
  17. TheRiotInside

Skill Tree Theory and Design: Size, Leveled Skills, Balance, etc.

There are so many different ways to design skill trees and so many things to consider depending on what kind of RPG you're making. Everything from how many passives you include, if there are branching paths, if the skills have prerequisites (level, stats, other skills not directly connected in...
  18. TheRiotInside

Healing that heals more if a single target it chosen multiple times

I like it! I'm doing the opposite with a strong heal that the target builds a tolerance to, reducing repeated use efficacy. In theory there are a couple ways to do it. Using a progressive state plugin (where repeated applications of the same state add another, probably stronger version in its...
  19. TheRiotInside

Yeah, the change made a big difference for me. Good luck, high fives, and let us know how you...

Yeah, the change made a big difference for me. Good luck, high fives, and let us know how you make out in two weeks!
  20. TheRiotInside

I just ran my second half marathon yesterday! I have one not-so-obvious tip for you if you're...

I just ran my second half marathon yesterday! I have one not-so-obvious tip for you if you're not too obsessed with your gun time: start at the back of the line. I started near the front during my first race and completely underestimated the psychological impact of being passed for two hours. I...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had one goal when I set out to make my Game Jam game. It didn't have to be super good and the game didn't have to have the best writing - it just had to NOT CRASH.

So yeah, someone was streaming it and it crashed.
Add Special Effects on Map with Tilesets | RPG Maker News #105

Excited to see all the entries for the 2021 Touch the Stars Gamejam.
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsod