Search results

1. akoniti

What part of your game do you usually work on first?

I always start with a few rough maps, then add characters and events supporting my idea. From there things evolve organically as I expand and refine. Lack of planning certainly costs me some time (for example, that moment when you realize you've made the same type of event 16 times and decide...
  2. akoniti

Then they prescribed two YEP plugins and a new tileset :LZSlol: ...

Then they prescribed two YEP plugins and a new tileset :LZSlol: ...
  3. akoniti

Not sure of his ancestry, but he's the author or Think and Grow Rich, which is the foundation of...

Not sure of his ancestry, but he's the author or Think and Grow Rich, which is the foundation of modern rehashes like The Secret. His premise is that your thoughts and attitude help inform the Universe of your wishes, thus a positive mental attitude is critical for success and positive outcomes.
  4. akoniti

Start sending the cosmos positive attitude vibes, so it knows what you want :LZScool: "Your...

Start sending the cosmos positive attitude vibes, so it knows what you want :LZScool: "Your mental attitude attracts to you everything that makes you what you are." ~ Napoleon Hill
  5. akoniti

What do people do with their RPG Maker software?

If you're not seeing a lot of quality RM games, you can't be looking very hard.
  6. akoniti

Help With Using Bigger Sprites

I used a massive sprite in Starbaby for the final boss, worked fine without any plugins, I just placed a: $ ...at the beginning of the spritesheet filenames.
  7. akoniti

WHAT'S UPDOG? :LZSlol:

WHAT'S UPDOG? :LZSlol:
  8. akoniti

question regarding vertical sprite sheet.

Take a look at the built-in door and chest images and quick events for guidance. These use single-column spritesets to animate by 'turning' left then right. Moving vertically down from the top of the spritesheet, the order of the rows is down, left, right, up. So if your first image in the...
  9. akoniti

[Help!] Cannot read a thing of the main menu

Ahoy guwal, Have you tried rebooting your machine, then starting Steam and MV/fresh? Is the result the same if you re-install MV? I have no idea what would cause this, but if I had a menu that looked like yours those are the first two things I'd try...
  10. akoniti

Once I linked my Paypal with Itch, all worked seamlessly without any other steps. Do you see...

Once I linked my Paypal with Itch, all worked seamlessly without any other steps. Do you see any problems in Account Settings -> Payment Processors on Itch? Or, is there an odd setting in Paypal?
  11. akoniti

Games with needs. (eat / drink / sleep etc)

I like the idea of an Encumbrance mechanic. To add a layer of challenge, like an ongoing mini-puzzle, and realism.
  12. akoniti

IKEA? :LZSlol:

IKEA? :LZSlol:
  13. akoniti

RMMV Progress Bar On Map That Is Layered Behind Pictures

Indeed! You can use switches to turn HUD elements on and off. He covers it at around the 6 minute mark here:
  14. akoniti

Map Madness Tournament Announcement/Rules!

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to analyze my map and give me some feedback. I really liked your little cabin in the woods. hiddenone mentioned framing the viewport too, that seems like a big one. The plasma squares are supposed to be growlights for the plants, and the lasergate...
  15. akoniti

Map Madness Qualifiers, Entry 20 Poll (Akoniti)

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such detailed analysis! I'll take all of your helpful notes to heart, I 'm sure they'll make my maps better. I've been focused on learning how to make the engine do all the things this last year, now it's about time I focus on making it look good...
  16. akoniti

Small game ideas?

I'd do the One Map Challenge. It's built-in limitations are great for a starting game, and you get a badge :LZScool:
  17. akoniti

Yours was one of my personal favorites, I was really surprised to see it get that handful of...

Yours was one of my personal favorites, I was really surprised to see it get that handful of extra low votes. Nice job! (at least imho) Edit: that would be awesome if you shared the tilesets :)
  18. akoniti

Please and thank you! (#20)
  19. akoniti

hah! I know how you feel. I'm amazed at how much vibrant depth some of the artists achieved with <20K pixels. There's an art to making maps feel lively but not overcrowded that I haven't quite gotten the hang of yet. Nice chart @EmmaB , way to crunch the numbers :LZScool:
  20. akoniti

Ah! :LZSlol: To clarify further, '5' was my 'decent map' level, which made it by far my most common vote. Anything over 5 was varying degrees of "whoa nice map that really stands out!", and anything below was a rare exception. I didn't see a lot of what I would call in my limited experience bad...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
Some more progress <3 and in most important news:
ALPACARAPTOR SPRITE! (not animated yet, though :( )
h4u90Sz.png
Caz
At the risk of giving myself even more work to do, I kinda wanna redraw the faces of the MV RTP to be a little less.. uhhhhh..

mv-redraw.png
Hmm...you'd think in this day and age, what with Japanese Schoolgirls frequenting anime, JRGs and whatever else...that someone might have made some gym clothes for the generator. You know, the ones with the short bloomers.
finished the draft of some of this dude's motions!

mc0xoB4.gif

gonna work on the drafts of the other 3 now before i put detail, need to position these rather tall sprites well on the field

waiting for the term to end so i can get more time w this :kaodes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLODZIO