Search results

1. Setting a random number based on a variable

-_- and I do believe this is where a facepalm would be appropriate. I'll see if it works, and get back to y'all. Edit: ... AND IT WORKS!!! Thanks!
  2. Setting a random number based on a variable

I guess that "Thank You" was a bit premature, because when I actually tried putting the code in, it gave me an error message. Attached is a picture of the error message and what I put into the common event where I'm trying to use it.
  3. Setting a random number based on a variable

rand($game_variables[x]) + 1 I'm a bit confused. For a moment, let's go ahead and define the variable. Let's say the variable is equal to 10. Are you saying that rand(10) Will give me a range of 0~9. Am I understanding that much correctly? If I am, then rand(10)+1 Will therefore give a range of...
  4. Setting a random number based on a variable

So, just to clarify, rand($game_variables[x]) + 1 Will create an equivalent range of 1 ~ $game_variable[x] ?
  5. Setting a random number based on a variable

So, I happened to notice that the system has a method where you can set a variable to a random integer : But I can't seem to find a method to set a variable to a random number based on another variable. Does anyone know how to do that? So, instead of: x = a random number between 1 and 10 I'm...
  6. Changing Opacity of an Event via Variable

Eh... mostly not knowing any better. I didn't know one could reference the opacity of an event just like one would do with a variable. The initial plan had been to do it as I had described it before, but with a loop and conditional and... blah blah blah, yes, it is part of cut scene. Thanks...
  7. Changing Opacity of an Event via Variable

Long story made short, I want to make an event seemed to slowly fade in. The method I came up with would, theoretically, be using the Set Move Route function to: -Change the opacity based on a variable (I'm using the second one specifically) -Wait a frame Then simply change the value of the...
  8. @[84447:@standardplayer] SAME!

@[84447:@standardplayer] SAME!
  9. @[42253:@Kuro DCupu] You think Google's bad about doing it? Here in America, phone companies...

@[42253:@Kuro DCupu] You think Google's bad about doing it? Here in America, phone companies used to keep your address in the phone book as well as your phone number and name, unless you paid a fee for them to keep you out of it. Imagine someone being able to just buy a book and then know where...
  10. @[100859:@Poryg] That might be low blood sugar, but, if it is, I'd recommend something besides...

@[100859:@Poryg] That might be low blood sugar, but, if it is, I'd recommend something besides marshmallows, especially if you have a condition directly tied to your blood sugar levels, such as diabetes or hypoglycemia. Personally, I'd recommend a piece of fruit, or a sweet vegetable (Like some...
  11. Improving A "Sticky" Event

I may have to do so, or just tolerate the lag, but if I can do this without changing much, I'd like to try that first.
  12. I cannot relate to the music of today...

YES. SOMEONE PUT IT INTO WORDS! Usually, I can tolerate, TOLERATE mind you, crap like Taylor Swift and the like, but I absolutely ****ing hate some forms of rap. I think the kind I can't stand is specifically Gansta Rap, as I am okay with most of Will Smith's songs, but I'm not entirely sure...
  13. @[100859:@Poryg] That's unfortunate that you can't really shop on Amazon. I kinda always took it...

@[100859:@Poryg] That's unfortunate that you can't really shop on Amazon. I kinda always took it for granted.
  14. @[5527:@Amane Kagari] I can't say anything about the app, but I can tell you that Amazon, Ebay...

@[5527:@Amane Kagari] I can't say anything about the app, but I can tell you that Amazon, Ebay etc. are all offering tamagotchis.
  15. Favorite NES game?

YES! I honestly don't know which game's better though, the original or Adventure of Link.
  16. What would be your reaction if Nintendo contacted you to add a character of your project to Smash?

DEFINITELY. I've heard waaaaaaay too many horror stories of people getting cheated out of their content by big companies. I've not heard any about Nintendo specifically, but it's certainly something to be careful of.
  17. Actually, I got one at a WalMart awhile back. It looks like people are bringing them back!

Actually, I got one at a WalMart awhile back. It looks like people are bringing them back!
  18. Improving A "Sticky" Event

Basically, I've got an event that needs to move on the player tile with the player. Currently, I'm simply using variables to tell both the player's location (X, Y, and Z(Used to indicate map)) along with direction, and then simply having the event teleport to the character using a Parallel...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Seems like people have stopped looking both ways before crossing the road nowadays. Blindly walking out into a into a road only ends in disaster.
Just finished planning out the skeleton of the main quest line of my new game. I'm so excited for it!
Integrating Jason Perry's japan tile set while listening to Murray Atkinson's Heaven and Earth background music.
I forgot I had an account on rpgmakercentral lol
"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keyboardjockey