Search results

1. JoelMarler

RMMV Leader of None (Sci-fi Political Sim)

I'm thinking of creating a political game where you've just been elected president of the solar system federation and have to remain in power over the course of your ten-year term. Any ideas for mechanics? Here's what I've got so far: - Player automatically loses if a majority of the solar...
  2. JoelMarler

TypeError Issue

A TypeError (image four and five) is occurring about half the time I play a certain battle. The battle is troop 48 (image six), and begins when the top enemy is attacked, triggering troop 48's battle event (image six) and summoning troop 14 (image seven). Does anyone know why this is happening...
  3. JoelMarler

Player Agency

How would you add player choice to your game, particularly outside of dialogue? For example, let's say there's a monster who's terrorising a village. In most games you'd have to fight it, but the developer could also give the players the choice to poison it's food, or tame the monster, or join...
  4. JoelMarler

Making Reputation Locked Equipment

I want to make some equipment in my game useable only if you have a positive or negative reputation, which is tracked with a variable. Does anyone know how to do this? Preferably any equipped equipment would unequip itself as well if your party's reputation suddenly switched from being positive...
  5. JoelMarler

Looking for Players on Mac

Hey everyone, just asking if anyone wants to play my Reclamation (https://joel-marler.itch.io/reclamation). Not being much of a tech expert, I still haven't figured out how to get it to work on PC; however, I need the feedback! I've been making it for almost a year and I've only got reviews from...
  6. JoelMarler

Introducing Myself

Hey everyone: I've been on the forums for almost a year now, so I think it's high time I introduce myself. I'm Joel, a board game turned choose-your-own-adventure turned RPG Maker game maker from New Zealand. I saw the software on Steam a long time ago and, not knowing anything about it...
  7. JoelMarler

Common Events Items and Equipment

How do you use common events for your items and equipment? I have items that teleport you to the centre of town and let you automatically escape battles, among other things. How about you?
  8. JoelMarler

Crimes

How do you incorporate committing crimes into your game? Do you have pickpocketing? Theft? Murder? Something else? And how did you implement it?
  9. JoelMarler

Modified Enemy Battlers

Resource Type: Enemy Battlers Maker Format: MV Art Style: Artist's original Description: I'm looking for someone to modify some of the enemy battlers for my game, simply so they look a little different to the default images. My game is set in a dystopian future, so making the battlers more...
  10. JoelMarler

Reputation System Uses

I've created a reputation system for my game where villainous actions decrease your rep and heroic actions increase it. Any ideas on what I should do with that? At the moment some quests are only available with a positive/negative influence and some npcs won't talk to you if your rep is bad.
  11. JoelMarler

Trade Reviews

I'd like to trade reviews with somebody, aiming for 250+ words each. Anyone interested? I've got a mac and my project's only deployed for mac, so keep that in mind. You can read about and download my project at: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/reclamation-v1-03-29-03-2019.97674/
  12. JoelMarler

FREE Developers for Finale

Greetings all, I've just released the early access of my sci-fi game, but I haven't finished the finale yet nor polished the game. I'd like to create several new items, skills, enemies, puzzles, npcs, quests etc for this: does anyone want to help out? Positions that need to be filled: -...
  13. JoelMarler

Upgrading Equipment Skills

Skills, in my game, are provided by equipment: if you equip an axe, for example, you can use the skills 'furious attack' and 'execute', while equipping a pistol would let you use 'quickdraw' and 'pot shot.' What I want to do now is make it so that using a skill provided by a piece of equipment...
  14. JoelMarler

Frozen screen transfer

I used to be able to transfer between these maps, but now it freezes on some maps upon transfer (it looks like I've moved a space from the edge, the transferring between maps in my game sends you one space away.) I can't open the main menu either, but I can move the cursor. What's happened?
  15. JoelMarler

Missing files during mac deployment

My game (mainly) works when I test it on my own mac, but when I deployed it for mac and airdropped it to a friend's mac the Saint4 SE couldn't be found and the wuxing mini game (which uses its own files) couldn't be played. I checked the project files and they all seem to be there. Any ideas...
  16. JoelMarler

Sci-Fi Music Pack Missing Files

I bought the Sci-Fi Music Pack DLC on Steam yesterday, but it only contains the bgms. Does anywhere know where the other audio files are?
  17. JoelMarler

Company Logo

I'm looking for someone to make a logo for Steam and my game's splash screen... any takers? My company is called 'Iron Sun Games', and I'm making a sci-fi/steam punk title (more info can be found in my game's thread at https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/reclamation.97674/#post-880884).
  18. JoelMarler

Splash Screen

Resource Type: Splash screen. Can be a still screen or animated, and can include sound or not. Maker Format: MV. Art Style: Your choice. Description: I want to name my game company 'Iron Sun Games', so it should be based on that. I'm creating my first RPG Maker game in the universe at the...
  19. JoelMarler

Switch Freezing

I downloaded a bunch of plugins and now some switches that previously worked cause the game to freeze. It's at the point when your ship has been sabotaged and you talk to the mayor again, about half an hour into the game. Does anyone know what's causing it? I also get lag on the Rice Road Forest...
  20. JoelMarler

RMMV Reclamation v1.5.1 (02/06/2019)

Reclamation - A Steampunk/Sci-fi/Fantasy Mishmash SYNOPSIS This game is set approximately 200 years after the collapse of the economy. Most of the world has reverted to feudalism, but one island is re-industrialising under the tutelage of a supercomputer originally built to avert the collapse...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.
The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Napster