Search results

1. willoneill

OrangeGreenworks - Steam Integration with Achievements and Time Log

Hey Hudell! Just letting you know that I got it working on the Mac successfully. Thanks for the great plugin and all of your assistance here in the thread!
  2. willoneill

Hey Hudell, Just checking in to see if you've had a chance to figure out how things work on the Mac platform yet and update the instructions accordingly. No huge rush, totally appreciate you're doing this freely on your own time, but I've got a Steam forum where people are inquiring when they...
  3. willoneill

OK, understood. My main problem is that because the files are arranged differently when you do a Mac build, so I'm not sure what the equivalents are for where you're supposed to put the various files. It's possible that it works but that I don't know how to implement it. I don't suppose...
  4. willoneill

Hey Hudell, great to see the update! Has this version now been tested on Mac? You mentioned that you were getting one and hoped to be doing that. I'll be happy to give it a go if it'll help, just wondering if you've already given it a shot. Thanks!
  5. willoneill

Hi @Hudell - this plugin has worked fine for my Windows build by carefully following your instructions, but could you also provide instructions on how to implement it for an OS X version of the game? Or if you don't have access to a Mac, has anyone else found a way to do it? I've tried doing...
  6. willoneill

Cutscene skip

+1 to this! I would love to see an MV version of this plugin, or an updated version of one of the ones made for earlier versions of RPG Maker. I have *tons* of long conversations and monologues in my game that I would love to be able to skip while I'm in development.  If you believe you...
  7. willoneill

JavaHut's Particles (with CloudKid's pixi-particles) (3rd Plugin)

Thanks JavaHut! Your advice worked perfectly. If anyone else is having this kind of problem, this is the way to solve it. :)
  8. willoneill

JavaHut's Particles (with CloudKid's pixi-particles) (3rd Plugin)

Hey JavaHut, I'm calling the rain and snow effects on the 'weather' layer so that the particle effect will cover the whole map, but it seems to stop after a certain width? Not sure why. Is the plugin designed to conform to the default RPG Maker width and height by default? I'm using...
  9. willoneill

DreamX Options

A restart when returning to the title screen helps! F5 is definitely better though, you're right. My fear is just that people may not save, maybe there's a way to autosave whenever somebody F5-resets... But yes - please do look into an in-game change for resolution. If it's not possible, no...
  10. willoneill

Direct Event Editing - JSON Files

Hey everybody, My game has some very long and unwieldy text parts that can be difficult to edit in the small and static dialog boxes of the event editor - accordingly, I had the idea this morning of potentially editing them directly through the JSON map files, utilizing Notepad++ with a JSON...
  11. willoneill

DreamX Options

Thanks DreamX! Looking forward to it!
  12. willoneill

DreamX Options

Hey DreamX, This is a great plugin! Thanks for it! The only heartbreaking thing is that changing resolution requires a restart. Do you think there would be any way of allowing for the player to choose resolution right when the game is booted, and then doing a quick F12-style reset to then...
  13. willoneill

Default Fade In / Fade Out Event - Which .js to alter?

Hey taarna, OK! I've been giving making a small plugin to handle this a shot. So far, though, no luck. I've taken everything from rpg_scenes.js that looks like it should control it, but changing the variables doesn't seem to help. Can you give me a hand? This is the plugin so far...
  14. willoneill

Optimal Method - Cutscene Skipping

Hey everyone, Wondering about this for my own game, but imagining that it might be useful for some others with lengthy cutscenes as well! Essentially, I'm trying to figure out the best way to allow players to skip a lengthy conversation or cutscene that they may have seen before. The first...
  15. willoneill

Orange Overlay

Hi Hudell, This is a great plugin, as I would also like to not use Kaus' stuff, but his had additional parameters which ensured that it could co-exist with the Terrax Lighting plugin. Could you add that feature to yours as well? Thanks!
  16. willoneill

Awesome, I'll give it a shot! Thanks very much for your help!
  17. willoneill

Thanks, Taarna...! As somebody new to this, can you give me any insight as to why it's a bad idea to mess with the classes? Is it potentially risky just to change a variable here or there, as I'm doing, or are you saying that I shouldn't mess extensively with them? Because don't worry; I...
  18. willoneill

Thanks to the tips you all have given me, I'm having a blast messing with the .js files to alter a lot of the default event actions in MV! One thing I can't figure out, though: Which .js file do I change - and what do I change within it - if I want to lengthen the default time (number of...
  19. willoneill

Easier way to transition between message windows?

Hey Resonance, Thanks very much! This worked perfectly! I'm not a JavaScript pro, so I had to futz a bit with understanding how you intended these to be placed - for anyone else trying and wondering why they can't quite get it to work, here are steps: 1. Go into the 'js' folder in your...
  20. willoneill

Easier way to transition between message windows?

Hey everybody, I'm currently solving an issue in my game which feels like a very roundabout way of doing it. Wondering if maybe there's an easier way that I'm not considering?! Here is an imgur gallery I made which I think illustrates it: http://imgur.com/a/K6QG8 Basically, by using a...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.
The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saliacoel