Search results

1. Cythera

True. And proper grammar and spelling is important, so it was productive! Playtesting my game...

True. And proper grammar and spelling is important, so it was productive! Playtesting my game and having the MC [whose passive prevents revives on anything he kills...] fall in love with an enemy and kill 2 of his team mates, well. That was neither productive NOR a victory :ysrs: Seriously, this...
  2. Cythera

I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors...

I don't believe it. I actually did some proofreading in my game - and fixed some grammar errors! I feel so accomplished, knowing I can actually proofread my own writing! ...I've had a bad day, okay? Bad enough for me to want to proofread stuff. :yswt2: Ughhh, July is not my month. Thankfully...
  3. Cythera

Must...pet...adorable fluffy duck-bunnies! :kaoluv:

Must...pet...adorable fluffy duck-bunnies! :kaoluv:
  4. Cythera

RMMV Yanfly Plugins - Critical Hits restore Mana / Passives that activate when Mana is above a certain level.

Stranger things have happened! As long as it's working now, that's the important part haha. Good luck with your game :)
  5. Cythera

Call it a combat feature - a state that makes healing spells do damage to you instead :P

Call it a combat feature - a state that makes healing spells do damage to you instead :P
  6. Cythera

RMMV Yanfly Plugins - Critical Hits restore Mana / Passives that activate when Mana is above a certain level.

Alrighty, I just put them in the same state and had no problems with either side procing; maybe try that and see if it helps? :) You can assign global passives in Yanfly's Passive plugin to save yourself putting the note tag in every enemy and actor. If not, I'll take a closer look.
  7. Cythera

RMMV Corpse Mansion [Open World Action Horror Survival Game]

This looks...really cool. I'm getting a serious 'Death Road to Canada' feeling from it, and I thoroughly enjoyed that game - despite it being both horror and on-map combat (forget the name; forgive my sleepy brain), two genres I typically don't enjoy haha. But this really peaks my interest ^-^...
  8. Cythera

That sounds scary, but at the same time...I would LOVE if I could get the AI on my bosses to...

That sounds scary, but at the same time...I would LOVE if I could get the AI on my bosses to become semi-sentient! Imagine the difficulty... :kaopride:Delicious
  9. Cythera

Food is always good :kaoluv: I'm just soooo close to finishing my game and I'm getting super...

Food is always good :kaoluv: I'm just soooo close to finishing my game and I'm getting super excited for that moment. When I encounter these kinds of things, I get all confused and annoyed that it's one more thing to do before I can make more progress
  10. Cythera

I had a mini-boss in my game you could lose to without game over-ing. During playtesting, I lost...

I had a mini-boss in my game you could lose to without game over-ing. During playtesting, I lost to said boss. Game over? Somewhere, sometime, I removed that option and NEVER put it in my changelog so I have no clue when or why I did this. Dev is broken inside. :/
  11. Cythera

Assuming you have the Buffs+States and Passives plugins: For losing MP upon taking a critical, put this in your state notetag: <Custom Respond Effect> if(target.result().critical) { target.gainMp(-5); } </Custom Respond Effect> For gaining MP upon landing a critical: <Custom Establish Effect>...
  12. Cythera

RMMV Origin Hunt

Hiya Lady, 2.1 didn't have the factory or Septimus, so I have to assume you mean 2.5.0 to 2.5.1! :ywink: And the answer is no; I didn't intentionally change any player movement speed. The only times I do this are during cutscenes really, so, looks like I'll be hunting through the newer cutscenes...
  13. Cythera

I do that too ._. I have a bunch of side projects on the go haha. I keep them as test files or...

I do that too ._. I have a bunch of side projects on the go haha. I keep them as test files or things to mess around with when I get a little burnt out working on my game, but still want to do some dev work and create stuff!
  14. Cythera

Whelp, I'm moving in 3 weeks and starting university in 8 weeks ^-^ Sadly that means I won't...

Whelp, I'm moving in 3 weeks and starting university in 8 weeks ^-^ Sadly that means I won't have too much time for game dev work until I get settled in at school. One day, I'll have a finished game haha - one day!
  15. Cythera

Does anyone else struggle with - 'oh, I've learnt so much; I could make my game way better if I...

Does anyone else struggle with - 'oh, I've learnt so much; I could make my game way better if I went back and redid it' ? Because I'm torn; yes, that's probably true, but I'll learn something else later down the line. If I keep redoing to improve, it'll never be finished!
  16. Cythera

Well duh BK; can't expect people to draw for free :P Do you have a page or thread anywhere? :3

Well duh BK; can't expect people to draw for free :P Do you have a page or thread anywhere? :3
  17. Cythera

Wait a second - you offer drawing services?! Like, for anyone? :O

Wait a second - you offer drawing services?! Like, for anyone? :O
  18. Cythera

RMMV Origin Hunt

Hi again @Lady_JJ ^-^ Yeah, dealing damage to Septimus can be difficult because of both his passive and his Oblivion Wings skill. You can't Defense Break him, but you can Willpower Break him - just be aware, unless he has an Immobile state, he'll cleanse 3 harmful states on himself at the end...
  19. Cythera

RMMZ Sempiternal

Exciting news! Well, except for the corrupted files. That's sad news. But it's good a new demo is coming soon! You've got my insane difficulty mode in there, right? :ywink:
  20. Cythera

RMMV Origin Hunt

Sounds good, Shadow; I'm glad the balancing is solid on my optional bosses :) Yes, you die - a lot - in Retheam. Even I do. One particular enemy in there, dying is actually a viable strategy to use against it haha. Erm...it's the new fad? Tree-shearing? Or I remapped Spirel and forgot to fix...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

my birthday was yesterday...
i feel closer 2 being able 2 get a discount on the kids menu than i do being able to buy booze1627428008986.png
Getting to play your RM game on Steam Deck? How cool is that?
The best among us don't set out to be heroes. They don't want that job. They just set out to do the things nobody else wants to do. Because... someone has to do it.
Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kamain