Search results

1. diamond16

Post Your Music

@ Iron Croc: Love the movement of this piece, can imagine wandering around a town with this in the background. @ MsLittlefish: Very nice opening theme, great use of the instruments, especially since you said you haven't used them much before! Perhaps try and emphasise the '1 ' beat a bit more...
  2. diamond16

How about a music challenge?

Well it looks like there's a demand for the competition and we have several options for determining a winner, shall we organise something for August? :)
  3. diamond16

With the previous contests I've been involved with, the winner of the previous contest would choose the theme of the next contest and be the sole judge of all of the entries.  It works well mostly although there are sometimes instances where the judge's favourite wasn't the people's choice and...
  4. diamond16

I would definitely take part in and even help organise a monthly music challenge.  I've been involved in the challenges on the Adventure Game Studio forums and on the TIGsource forums. I like working under time constraints and other limitations every now and then, I find it pushes me out of my...
  5. diamond16

Can anyone recommend me a good music software for free?

With most of those programs you can just Save As and select midi as the file type you want.  In Sibelius, I use the Export function.
  6. diamond16

Extracting Instrumentals?

Have you tried finding the karaoke version of the song you want to sing? That will give you a reasonably decent version of the song without any lyrics to remove.
  7. diamond16

Can anyone recommend me a good music software for free?

I second Clydous' suggestion, Reaper is great.  I used it for about a week when Cubase decided it didn't want to work for me with a deadline looming. Audacity is another good free program for recording and converting files into different file types. For notation programs, I love Sibelius 7 for...
  8. diamond16

Is There a Music Maker in the Style of WarioWare: D.I.Y.?

Do you read music? If so,  there are some really good notation programmes on the web: I recommend Noteworthy Composer or if you want something that is completely free, then try MuseScore. I teach music and these are some of the free online tools that I use with my students to get them composing...
  9. diamond16

Flipped Music

Happy to help! If anyone would like to use this piece in their game, just PM me :-)
  10. diamond16

Flipped Music

Here's what I've come up with.  I've reversed the melody and used different instruments to give it a darker tone.  Let me know what you think! https://soundcloud.com/diane-webster/rpg-maker-vx-ace-dungeon-4
  11. diamond16

Flipped Music

If you're still looking for somebody to do the inversion for you, give me a PM :)
  12. diamond16

Post Your Music

Very relaxing and I like how it becomes a bit more menacing when the flute joins in at around the 1'20 mark.  Perhaps in the bass you could add more movement, so rather than playing the 1 every time, you could go 1, 5, 1, 5 to add more interest?
  13. diamond16

ReStaff August 2013 Release!

I really enjoyed contributing to something that so many people put so much talent and effort into. Looking forward to contributing more music in the coming months :)
  14. diamond16

Post Your Music

Really cool compositions, I particularly liked the haunted graveyard piece. Really eerie, creepy sounds, nice work on the Cecilia stuff! I liked your Going on a Ship Adventure piece.
  15. diamond16

Offended when someone asks you to pay

I've done this a few times where someone has requested songs for their game. I offer two rates, exclusive (more expensive) and non-exclusive.  In both cases, the client gets music tailored specifically to their game, but if they have bought non-exclusive then I can sell the track again.  As...
  16. diamond16

Composing and Arrangement

You need to know the chord sequence and know what notes fit with each chord. For example, with a C major chord, the notes are C, E and G.  Now, you're not just going to use those 3 notes, but your piece will sound a lot better if you use chord tones on the main beats (yes, there are exceptions...
  17. diamond16

Composing and Arrangement

First off, welcome! :) Secondly, don't be afraid to borrow from existing songs while you are learning. You can learn a lot about structure, melody and harmony by deconstructing a piece. You said you played keyboard? Take a piece that you can play really really well and just play the left...
  18. diamond16

Super Marcato Bros. - High Quality Video Game Music for Free!

Really enjoyed the piano pieces on The Hero That Time Forgot.  Keep up the great work!
  19. diamond16

Music By Darren (DesperateMeasurez)

You have some really cool music, I've enjoyed browsing your Soundcloud :)
  20. diamond16

The daily "what software do I use for music?" topic

It depends how retro you want to go but these free VSTs emulate the old NES and SNES sounds and are a lot of fun to play around with :D http://tweakbench.com/

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Exploding Fruits and Rasaks Pixelfarm Assets | RPG Maker News #108

So ghosts can go through walls and stuff, and depending their type (according to fantasy media) they can or can't interact with objects to a certain degree...

So why they don't always fall through floors? Do they always float and sometimes simulate walking? If things go through them how can they hear/see? And why sometimes they have clothing? Do clothes die as well?
my birthday was yesterday...
i feel closer 2 being able 2 get a discount on the kids menu than i do being able to buy booze1627428008986.png
Getting to play your RM game on Steam Deck? How cool is that?
The best among us don't set out to be heroes. They don't want that job. They just set out to do the things nobody else wants to do. Because... someone has to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Switchboy0815