Search results

1. theweirdnerd

Door disappears when interaction starts

I'm creating a door event that requires a number code to open. Once the code is inputted correctly, the door opens. But when the player interacts with the door, it just poof disappears. Inputting the code makes it appear again while it performs the opening animation. Is there a way for the door...
  2. theweirdnerd

Creating random effect skill

Did this and it works like a charm! Mostly. The enemies do transform correctly, however, there was something I did with the variable that causes every effect to trigger instead of one different effect each time. I'll include some screen caps in case if anyone face a similar problem, thanks for...
  3. theweirdnerd

Creating random effect skill

I've had an idea for a skill that functions kind of like the Wabbajack from the Elder Scrolls. Instead of doing flat damage or inflicting a status effect, it randomizes a variable. Depending on what that variable lands on, it'll pull from a list of effects. From healing the user, drenching...
  4. theweirdnerd

Creating enemy reinforcements/waves in event editor

Quick update, I decided to add a textbox that displays what the enemies defeated variables is at. My current issue is that, even after reaching beyond the damage condition, the next wave won't trigger. My first thought was that the health condition was the thing not reading, but the text box...
  5. theweirdnerd

That helped a lot! Luckily, the system now counts enemy health once it has been drained past 70% instead of 90 (I've been making sure I hit Apply just in case and it won't trigger past 69%(Nice)). Removing immortality then adding knockout didn't help at first, but giving the entire troop...
  6. theweirdnerd

Actually haven't of that before, I have always considered Don't Run to be a catch all condition to fall back on. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. I have tried two different ways, first is the way in my first attempt, except it checks on Turn End if the paladin's are inflicted with knockout...
  7. theweirdnerd

Gave it a shot by creating an event page in the troop encounter that checks if the paladin's health reaches 0%. Once it does, it adds to the Paladinsdefeat variable. The next event page checks if the variable has reached a certain amount, then inflicts the enemies from the past wave with...
  8. theweirdnerd

I've been trying to create a combat encounter where, once a select number of enemies have been defeated, more will appear without exiting the battle. Three waves total, there are the first two enemies, then a secondary wave of more enemies, then once that wave is finished, then boss enemy...
  9. theweirdnerd

Enemy hierarchy idea

I've had an idea that works in the battle editor, but I want to know if anyone has a better/more efficient way of doing it. I want enemies to follow a certain hierarchy. It's not nearly as complex as it sounds. In certain enemy troops, there is a commander enemy and a bunch of grunt enemies. The...
  10. theweirdnerd

Should I sell my game when it uses mostly base assets, little custom coding, and no plugins?

I've seen and read that RPGmaker games get really bad flak for being lazy asset flip kind of games. So much so that I seen RPGmaker being called an "Asset Flip generator". I've been working on a project for well over a year now (started in December of 2019). It uses mostly, if not entirely, the...
  11. theweirdnerd

Checking if a specific skill is used during battle

Attaching a common event to the desired skill works! Thank you for the help!
  12. theweirdnerd

I created a variable then set it to that party members HP. Then set up a conditional branch that checks if that party members HP is over a specific amount, then trigger the dialogue. The scene is this: This party member is injured and is put at 1 health. But their TP is set to 100. They have a...
  13. theweirdnerd

There is a very particular thing I want to do during a skill tutorial sequence. Basically, I want to set up a conditional branch that sees if the player has used a specific skill and only that specific skill, afterwards dialogue is triggered and the tutorial ends. Another thing I thought of...
  14. theweirdnerd

Parallax Background issues

I'm just going to recreate the first floor map, then change the bridges' 4 directional collisions so it's not possible for them to walk on it, then add a shadow layer to give it the illusion of being under the player. Modern problems require caveman solutions!
  15. theweirdnerd

Scratch that, does not work! Looks nice in the editor at least.
  16. theweirdnerd

Got it working! Changed the image size to 480 x 480, since the conversion is 48 pixels per tile. Thanks for the help!
  17. theweirdnerd

Both maps are 10 x 10, I'm hoping to use the first map as a background to give it the illusion that the players are above the first floor.
  18. theweirdnerd

I want to create a second floor map, add the map of the first floor as a parallax background so the player can see it underneath them. I took a screencap of just the map, made it 816 x 816 and a transparent png. But in the editor, it appears with a yellow exclamation mark and it only shows the...
  19. theweirdnerd

(MMV) Scripts for interactable text boxes?

After some tinkering, it works now! I had to set a variable that was equal to the player's gold to check if they had enough, then created a loop that breaks if they bet an amount they actually have. I'll include some screenshots in case if it helps anyone else later down the line. Thanks for the...
  20. theweirdnerd

(MMV) Scripts for interactable text boxes?

I'm looking to create a gambling minigame where the player must guess if a six sided die will land on even or odd. If they guess right, they win the pot, guess wrong and they lose the bet. That can be done easily with the default editor and a randomized variable, then a conditional branch. But...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."
I guess it becomes purely academic in less than four days but before then can anyone explain to me why the %^&*( animations in the MZ database don't have a 'Hue' slider??
Who here knows of the hidden laws of this multiverse? Such as the law of attraction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackyBoemu