Search results

1. Chiispiitas

[VXAce][Victor Engine - Step Sound] - Enemy events too loud

Paste this add-on as a separate script below Victor's Step Sound script: Change the HEARING_DISTANCE variable to your liking. I hope it helps you!
  2. Chiispiitas

CSCA Map Title Issue

Script Well you ain't fitting that huge map into a 544x416 resolution. The little portion that's showing is the only bit that can fit your game window. I believe you want to show all the map at once, and while it's possible, it may require a completely different script that converts your map...
  3. Chiispiitas

Please help! RPG Maker XP problem! (FIXED)

Yeah, your editor can't launch any executable other than Game.exe. You'll have to rename it back to Game.exe (and delete UNHiNGED.rpgxp, why'd you have two project files in your folder?). Don't worry, you can rename to whatever you want after compiling your game.
  4. Chiispiitas

Cutscene Troubles.

I have three ideas: Is there anything blocking the path of either the player or the NPC? Is the tileset of your map configured correctly? Make sure the "ground" is passable. And most importantly, is your event set to Autorun/Parallel Process?
  5. Chiispiitas

Can't get Twitch video to embed

Sounds like the forum is running an outdated version of S9E Media Sites, the add-on that handles media embeds. You aren't doing anything wrong, we just have to wait until the staff installs a new version of the add-on (which is weird, since they just updated the forum a while ago, so they...
  6. Chiispiitas

Please help! RPG Maker XP problem! (FIXED)

If this isn't the case, also try disabling your antivirus to see if that's the issue. Your Game.exe is somehow being inaccessible when trying to launch it.
  7. Chiispiitas

Input number to choose how many?

Well this is only possible with mathematics. Specifically proportions and probability. But before trying to do formulas and stuff like that, can you please elaborate a little bit more? Do you plan on having different probabilities for each item or do you want to use fixed proportions?
  8. Chiispiitas

Statue Code

The right angel was good in the first image you sent me. You only have to check the variable once. I'll give you an example of the stairs password: Pay close attention and you'll see that this matches the second image I sent to you, the one describing every single event.
  9. Chiispiitas

Statue Code

That's it! Well done.
  10. Chiispiitas

Statue Code

You won't need this conditional branch. Because with that branch you're implying that the Left Angel is the first one in the password, when it should be the Right Angel, or am I wrong? Everything you need is to check if the Variable equals 5 at the moment the player is interacting.
  11. Chiispiitas

Statue Code

The first conditional branch is wrong, you're basically saying, if the Left Angel is the first one (Variable == 0), then set the counter to 4. You'd want to do that with the Right Angel, since that's the one starting the password. You only want the "Variable [Secret Stairs] == 5" branch. When...
  12. Chiispiitas

You can set any variable to a random number between 0 and X. It's one of the options in the Control Variable command. From there, you can have different branches, for example: * Set variable X to a random number between 0 and 1 *If variable X = 0 do ---- end *If variable X = 1 do ---- end
  13. Chiispiitas

Are you using 'Control Variables > Game Data > Item "X" on inventory' to keep track of the trash item? Can I have a screenshot of your event so I can take a look on full detail?
  14. Chiispiitas

What part of it isn't working? The change items one? Or the trash amount check? You don't have to use "exit event processing" by the way. It's redundant.
  15. Chiispiitas

The event should be something like:
  16. Chiispiitas

Statue Code

We have to separate the two passwords. So one starts at 1 and goes through 2 and 3, and the other one starts at 4 and goes through 5, 6 and 7. So you have to set the variable to 4 so you can differentiate between the two passwords. The Conditional Braches will do the rest, so there's nothing to...
  17. Chiispiitas

Statue Code

You have to give the statues a certain numeric order, yes? Then imagine this: The number I just assigned to every statue is the order you have to press them. 1,2,3 gives you a chest, and 4,5,6,7 opens a secret staircase. The "X" would be a trap statue it's never used in any of the password...
  18. Chiispiitas

When you use the "Change Item" command you have an option to decrease a certain item by a variable. Just put the same variable you used for the Input Number.
  19. Chiispiitas

Yeah Input Number is probably the way to go. You can just store the number input by the player in a variable, then (very important) check if the player has that many "trash" items in their inventory or else return an error message. If the player does have enough trash to recycle, just remove...
  20. Chiispiitas

How to make battle BGM change when the player is selecting attacks?

Ah, well. The audio module in RGSS isn't really made for stuff like this. I noticed there's a short pause when trying to play two BGMs in succession, and that's why I made the little cross-fade effect. It's still not perfect tho, because when playing a BGS it still has a fade-in effect that...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.
Shoot Enemy Off-Screen, Run RPG Maker Game as a Web Server, & Thai Keyboard | RPG Maker News #109

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anitalains