Search results

1. MastertheX

Picture movement during text

How would one go about having a picture moving to the left or right while there are text boxes being used at the same time? Whenever I try to do this, the picture stops whenever a text box is being used.
  2. MastertheX

Custom buff by a percentage of a user's stat

So I'm sort of at a loss as to how to achieve this. How would one make a buff be measured by the percentage of a user's stats? For example, I want to give the user a skill that buff's the party's total atk but I want it to vary depending on the user's Mind stat (A custom stat of mine). I want...
  3. MastertheX

How would you go about subverting the player's expectations?

Title really says it all. In a story, how would you subvert the players expectations within a story? I often times think of this while working on my game and while it's nearly a 10 year plot that has been revised over and over, I feel I still have little grasp upon subverting the reader's...
  4. MastertheX

FREE Azur no Owari-RPG/Visual Novel Hyrbid (Help Wanted)

Disclaimer, this game will contain horror despite it being action oriented. It will touch upon slight sexual and violent content as well so if you're not into any of that I advise you turn away. Engine: RPG Maker...
  5. MastertheX

How to allow player to switch actors with limited number of steps?

Not so sure where to post this...but I am at my wit's end. I've been at this for 6 hours+ by now and I can't take it anymore. I am using RMMV v.1.4.0 I've been wanting to create some sort of special mode for bosses in dungeons, somewhat like a Liberation stage in Mega man Battle Network 5--...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.
I know what I want in a loose sense. Maybe I should just make a post asking for opinions and suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M4loy