Search results

1. Crestfall9

Looking for a comprehensive list of RPG Maker MV fixes

I'm looking to start a project and thinking about how there should be bugfixes and any other plugins that any new RMMV project must use. I'm talking about things like: AudioStreaming.js to fix audio lag, upgrading NWJS and Chromium to increase performance, useful stuff in unofficial bugfix...
  2. Crestfall9

Trying to toggle a chest open/close state with proximity event.

I don't think I will ever be able to explain this correctly. So I tried to make a proximity event that pretty much goes like this: Player in proximity around the chest -> Chest plays open animation -> Chest froze in open animation -> Player left proximity around the chest -> Chest plays close...
  3. Crestfall9

Can RNG be fun?

I don't know where to put this thread, so I just put it here. Call me lazy, uninspiring, whatever. Either way I want to make a RNG based RPG game. And not just simple crits, damage variance, etc. I want to go to Darkest Dungeon level, without making it too frustrating like Darkest Dungeon...
  4. Crestfall9

How to start coding notetags

I wanna start making notetags in my plugins. I've been looking at other plugins but I never got a single clue on how to make notetags. How do I do it? Also offtopic: I've been looking at MV's documentation in https://kinoar.github.io/rmmv-doc-web/modules/rpg.animation.html. There's a reference...
  5. Crestfall9

var Imported

I've been seeing this pretty much everywhere. What is the purpose of: var Imported = Imported || {};
  6. Crestfall9

How to overwrite instant death on 0 hp

Hey, I'm the same guy thinking about adding a death's door mechanic. So I was looking through the codes and found this: Game_Battler.prototype.refresh = function() { Game_BattlerBase.prototype.refresh.call(this); if (this.hp === 0) { this.addState(this.deathStateId()); }...
  7. Crestfall9

Death's Door Mechanic

Hey guys, I want to make a mechanic similar to Darkest Dungeon's Death's Door. It basically goes like, if a party character hits 0 hp, they wouldn't die immediately. Instead they would be placed in a Death's Door state. Death's Door state gives penalty to several stats (such as max hp, etc.) and...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Frustrated, as always. I took a break from working on games and when I turned back to working on them again, bam! Slapped in the face with more errors. Such is the pain of working on any project, I suppose.
Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.
animated message windows <3
or message window that uses background images that can be animated?
Still need to fix some things, but it's going great so far :)
CEPjLJn.gif
just when I thought one of the greatest game of all time couldn't get any better, they announce a new dlc for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popbop23