Search results

1. RachelTheSeeker

Fantastic stuff! Happy birf, Lunar. <3

Fantastic stuff! Happy birf, Lunar. <3
  2. RachelTheSeeker

What damage formulas do you use?

Is it bad that I use variants of the default RM2k/3 forumlae? Like ATK * 2 - DEF, or MAT * 2 - MAT? Because I don't think so. Occasionally some moves might add a smaller modifier to damage or healing (because the basic numbers seemed underwhelming compared to the raw equation). I might do...
  3. RachelTheSeeker

I'm glad to hear both of those facts. <3

I'm glad to hear both of those facts. <3
  4. RachelTheSeeker

"Dark work" that cannot be shown is always essential. It just means you're one step closer to...

"Dark work" that cannot be shown is always essential. It just means you're one step closer to stuff you can share. :)
  5. RachelTheSeeker

@Kes Ah, duly noted. Do you think it was the text itself, the window skin color, or something else?

@Kes Ah, duly noted. Do you think it was the text itself, the window skin color, or something else?
  6. RachelTheSeeker

I've gotten far enough to show off most of my intro dungeon, barring the opening boss fight...

I've gotten far enough to show off most of my intro dungeon, barring the opening boss fight. Meet Raziya, heroine of A Lion in Scarlet. See her beat up and incinerate goblins, and explain game mechanics!
  7. RachelTheSeeker

Mana Regen & Player Abuse

@Tai_MT, I don't wanna quote your whole thread, but you've made some very good arguments for MP restoration! I had not considered such reasoning to be more loose-and-fast with MP. Sure, I've played games that have been more forgiving with MP, but didn't quite have the words to describe why those...
  8. RachelTheSeeker

Always awesome when everything clicks for mapping. Great effort!

Always awesome when everything clicks for mapping. Great effort!
  9. RachelTheSeeker

"God put me on Earth to accomplish certain things. Right now, I'm so far behind, I'll never...

"God put me on Earth to accomplish certain things. Right now, I'm so far behind, I'll never die." - Bill Watterson
  10. RachelTheSeeker

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Fair enough on the emptiness! To be honest, this isn't the first time I've heard that for my maps. I just worry about making it claustrophobic with irrelevant set pieces, but I get ya there. If anything, the town map didn't have any NPCs when I took the screenshot?
  11. RachelTheSeeker

Any good free tileset packs?

Ah, for which engine? I know The Mighty Palm's The Mighty Pack is awesome for high-end NES stuff, and I think it's made to fit VX Ace and MV file sizes?
  12. RachelTheSeeker

Do eet. <3

Do eet. <3
  13. RachelTheSeeker

Game & Map Screenshots 11

While I tend to like little video snippets for my game's previews, I do have some maps too? Here y'go.
  14. RachelTheSeeker

Brigandine Armor...Plate or Mail?

I tend to think of brigandine as a high-tier "light" or "soft" armor, as opposed to the rigid breastplates of "heavy" or "hard" armor. There's good arguments for both but considering many brigandines were styled like doublets back when, I think closer to mail for my own use. I also agree with...
  15. RachelTheSeeker

Mana Regen & Player Abuse

Why not make MP limited, or even a privilege to restore in an old-school vein? Or make it that MP restoring items are hard to come by for the first chunks of the game, and costly to buy as soon as they're on the market? Shucks, maybe magical energies are deadly to mortals and the Ether causes HP...
  16. RachelTheSeeker

How do you handle Healers and Healing?

That actually reminds me of Stimpaks from the original Fallout games, especially the Super Stimpak. I like that. Mid-to-late-game, the basic stim isn't potent and can be costly to use multiple times. You'd have to access the inventory to get another stim (which uses up precious Action Points...
  17. RachelTheSeeker

Grapple Mechanic ideas

I mean, does your WIP have other minigames for abilities, or would it be primarily for grappling? If it's a more traditional turn-based combat system, I'd say to have grappling mechanics as a series of states and skills that combo off each other.
  18. RachelTheSeeker

Ranking Every Final Fantasy I remember playing (AKA: Touchfuzzy Chooses Violence)

Damn straight, FF Tactics is S-tier. And I'm still baffled that FF14 is as good as it is for a MMO. <3
  19. RachelTheSeeker

How do you handle Healers and Healing?

Honestly, I've learned to stop worrying and love the heals. Don't get me wrong, I like gimmicky healing -- a Mantra where my monk can only self-heal; a Wish where my illusionist takes damage to activate; a Refresh that only heals based off a future bard's current HP. However, my game also uses...
  20. RachelTheSeeker

Passion as a Stat

For me the Passion stat rings of the Guts mechanic from the Breath of Fire series. Like, it gives a chance to auto-revive at a portion of your max HP when you get KO'd. I know a (salvaged) script like that exists for VX Ace. Alternatively a more static effect could be to boost all healing...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Today, I tortured my internet by downloading 20 files at once and then I played a guessing game as to which would finish their download first :kaojoy:
Oh god, just watched HawkZombie's stream of my game and realised that *none* of the branching scenes work properly. One has no character graphic, one soft locks due to a passability issue, and one doesn't have its autorun set to the right trigger. I've got first prize in the bag, baby.
Frustrated, as always. I took a break from working on games and when I turned back to working on them again, bam! Slapped in the face with more errors. Such is the pain of working on any project, I suppose.
Checking out the Judge's Round Table. Really cool getting their perspective in a Q/A environment like this.
I'm heading back to Orlando tomorrow! Dad said he's going to take me to my favorite arcade and maybe Aquatica.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popbop23