Search results

1. Alisu

Too many events for self switch toggles...

It looks like you have the got the page logic upside down. For quick try, just try switch the page order to opposite. If that works at least somewhat, then it's time to fime tune the page order.
  2. Alisu

actor faces the wrong way

You said he turns right, not left. In your original post you said you were trying to make him move left, then turn left (which would have him facing downwards). In your code you use "turn 90 degrees right" which, well, turns him to face upwards. Either use turns 90 degrees left, or make it that...
  3. Alisu

Requesting ideas for using RPG Maker in a freezed PC

And even if it's Ace, not MV, things like eventing and mapping work essentially the same if not going to purely scripting level.
  4. Alisu

Exp/Gold charge.

Variables are just variables and as long as you don't use them to anything else it doesn't matter what values they have in them. When players leave and you make the gold adjustment to their inventory, you don't need to "reset" the variable, you can just leave it to have whatever value it has...
  5. Alisu

Setting Actor HP?

To clarify what you want to do. In case the MHP goes up or down, you want the actors to keep the same HP rate they had? So if actor has 70% health left, and their MHP changes, you still want them to have 70% left? There is, by the way, command for .hprate() which returns the HP/MHP . Other than...
  6. Alisu

YEP_ExtraEnemyDrops...

I'm not sure if the syntax you show here is exactly what you have in the game but have you tried to keep the condition on one line? If that alone doesnt help, maybe try encasing the condition in parentheses. I'm not sure how Yanfly parses the script in the notetags but by the examples on the...
  7. Alisu

Database space size

I'm not exactly sure if this is the right forum, but it seemed closest one. When creating game (with MV) I can increase the database size for various things to suit my needs. To keep some semblance of order, and knowing I can't plan it well ahead, I'd like to space things well apart so certain...
  8. Alisu

What are these useful for?

Since the movement route can be also set for a static event as custom move route (in the movement more, not as event command) for such as shiny spot on a water I've got nice results in giving the "custom move route" and some blend for things like shiny sparkle that heals players. Might also work...
  9. Alisu

I need to put the background instead of the tileset

As much as I have followed the parallax conversation, putting ! in front of the file name makes it lock on place automatically. Also need to make sure the picture is exactly the same size as the game map, ie game map tile sizex48 on both sides.
  10. Alisu

Region restriction n region common event

Ah yes, it indeed is terminology thing here. Think about it this way, outside the game means all the things you can do before hand. Like drawing map, you do that outside the game, or should we say, before the game. You can also change region IDs manually outside the game this way, just go to the...
  11. Alisu

I think Shaz meant, there exists a script call to change the tileset ID because that is an event option already in the RPG Maker. It has to exists for that purpose. The Script calls don't just hang around out of thin air, someone has to have coded it. They have coded that one because it's needed...
  12. Alisu

Changing tileset is not done on per tile basis. Thus it doesn't need to go as deep as accessing each tile separately. Basically it draws the exactly same map, using same map data, just pulling the graphics from different file. It doesn't edit the single tiles at all so it's rather different...
  13. Alisu

I think he is asking, can we change specific coordinate's/tile's game region number through eventing, either by the maker already, existing script commands, or with plugin. Many plugins use the region ID's for various purposes, and in some of those cases being able to redefine them in the fly...
  14. Alisu

Dual Wielding and Two handed

The obvious answer would be to set the dualwielding trait to the weapon, but I guess you want the dualwielding of swords be only possible for one person. If you make all of your bows to seal the shield slot, will that be overridden by the character dualwield trait?
  15. Alisu

Fog Fade In / Out and other questions

2. https://kinoar.github.io/rmmv-doc-web/index.html The only one I know.
  16. Alisu

Make an enemy remove another enemy.

From game help: You have set the span to be Battle, so the event runs only once as per you have told it to. I'm not sure but I think you need to set the Pride event to be Turn. I'm also not sure your logic will work as it should, if the enemies had annoying habit of changing the assigned...
  17. Alisu

is it possible to create a global var in a script event command?

@Dreadshadow To some people, having host of dummy actors messes things even more, than having special block of variables they have set to use "script only" and thus know they can hold any type.
  18. Alisu

"Show Picture" and "Show Text" aren't showing up at the same time?

◆Show Picture:#1, Castle2, Upper Left (0,0), (100%,100%), 255, Normal ◆Text:None, Window, Bottom :Text:some stuff ◆Erase Picture:#1 I tried this and this puts the picture on screen and messge on top of it. Would it not work on you?
  19. Alisu

I made a quick very rudimentary test and your code worked on me. So looking elsewhere, are you sure you actually have the image file in right place, and it's in right format?
  20. Alisu

Just to see what might be wrong, try some ridiculously long wait. Wait 60 is only one second after all. Put like, Wait 600 and see if the image lingers before the remove command comes to effect.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)
*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallmoneyouo