Search results

1. Dust

Game & Map Screenshots 11

The Shimmering Hollows - a dark grotto with glowing crystals that shimmer like stars in the night sky. This is the first dungeon in Numina (which you can wishlist on Steam now btw)
  2. Dust

What Age You Would Choose For your Characters on Your Maker Game?

I haven't really made it official but I think of the main cast of my game of in their mid-20s. But for a while I haven't even really thought about their age. The interesting aspect for me was that one of the main chars is definitely a bit more down to earth or reasonable than the others and it...
  3. Dust

2021 Goals and Progress Thread

Hey everyone, My main goal is to push on testing through my game... again. I can imagine many of you have been in the same situation where you find it difficult to test your game because you've done it so many time over the course of its creation. It's mainly because I want to do one complete...
  4. Dust

RMMV Numina - Alphaversion & Wishlist on STEAM now!

Hey everyone! If you missed last week's Let's Play stream, you can watch it now on the YouTubes!
  5. Dust

Overworld map or no world map?

I feel like the oldstyle JRPG overworld is considered more and more a design philosophy of the past. I've seen arguments that they break immersion because the game cuts to a different "play mode" (less detailed environments, player can't do all the actions they can do in a normal map) similar to...
  6. Dust

Hello everyone, with this post I want to celebrate reaching a huge milestone with you: NUMINA finally reached Alpha status! What does this mean? All major story content has been finished and I'm now testing the game for any major roadblocks & polishing things up. Also: ⚠ You can now wishlist...
  7. Dust

A summery beach screen from my game NUMINA :cutesmile: The actual map fades into a edited background from the RTP to create this horizon panorama.
  8. Dust

A winter landscape from the upcoming release of my game Numina. The screen shows the snowy lands of Capella. Most of its inhabitants live in a huge city called Cor - protected from the cold by magic.
  9. Dust

Hello, hello, hello! Sorry everyone! It has been a bit since the last update. I always aim to release these regularly so you know I'm working hard on Numina but sometimes it's hard mustering the energy to write one of these. Nonetheless I hope you're all doing good! Overall Progress I have...
  10. Dust

@ImaginaryVillain that looks so cool! Reminds me of the days games used to have prerendered backgrounds. @SoftCloud The metacontent space is an interesting idea. Maybe It would help to have empty podiums & picture frames hanging in spaces where there will be content to unlock. Just to make it...
  11. Dust

Open love or secret love, which are you?

Very interesting topic. I find it hard bringing my passion for gamedev up among people who don't even play games. It just takes a bit of extra effort to explain and makes me feel self-conscious :blush: But it's gotten better over time. I think nobody should be ashamed of something artful...
  12. Dust

that looks so cool! Very interesting idea.
  13. Dust

@Lee Sang lovely atmosphere! Love the tree shades and contrast with the red leaves.
  14. Dust

@Ninjakillzu I love the mood in your screen, also very cool lighting.
  15. Dust

@Deckiller the tileset looks so cool and nostalgic! Also great job on the map @Ninjakillzu That looks like a very extensive class system :) I would separate the paragraphs by a full empty line in the second screen (like you do for the individual levels in the third screen), I think that'll make...
  16. Dust

I hope it's okay to post in the old thread. I haven't done updates here in a while But tomorrow I'll playtest the first chapter of the new release on Stream over at my channel 8pm CET=> twitch.tv/dustb0 I'll have to test the game myself before opening it up for betatesting, so I thought why...
  17. Dust

Let's learn how to make our own cool menu plugins!

I finished my little tutorial series with a fun finale where you can learn how to make your own progress bars, display icons and images to spice up your menus in just 30 minutes! It was fun and really interesting doing these little streams :) Although I feel that this format is better suited...
  18. Dust

How many times have you wanted to quit?

Often. But for me, it has kind of become part of the process as I grew older and more things grab my attention apart from working on my passion. If I don't work on my game for a few weeks it gets harder getting back into it, but once I do the motivation comes right back up and I could never quit...
  19. Dust

Currently working on a map where most of the work is not done in RPG Maker but in Photoshop with layers of clouds and other effects :) I just love maps with clouds and this one harkens back to some of the very first map I did for the game years ago.
  20. Dust

How long have you been working on your game?

I think almost ten years, counting in about 3 iterations where I basically just kept the main cast of characters but drastically changed the story around them.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When your side job becomes more interesting than your dayjob and you think "do I quit again or finally actually do the same thing for more than five consecutive years..." I don't think I'll ever be able to say that though, I just cannot stick with one thing like you're 'supposed to'.
Does the word "research" imply that you're searching for something that had been found before?
So Dad broke the blinds two days ago and he finally decided to try to fix them. I doubt he'll do very well without some help. And I can't help him myself--I don't know how the stink to fix those blinds. My knowledge is just plushies, mascots, computers, animation, and video game design. And also, I've had to stop family and friends from downloading viruses too many times to count.
IlluminaughtyStore.jpg
:kaojoy:
Welcome to the Illuminaughty store.
Yes... they are "wearing Illuminati branded everything, reclining on huge Illuminati body pillows. Occasionally they'll "teehee" at each other and have pillow fights with Illuminati branded pillows full of hundred dollar bills."
BCj
Working on Escalia again, feels good. Have this overwhelming urge to map as well, but need to get some extra tiles commissioned first :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheesusTheGreat