Search results

1. Autofire

RMMV Switches and Blades (Now Released!)

Welp, super late response... glad you like it, @onekksu! But yeah, my advice is just try to be a little more specific next time you complement someone's stuff. That way, it feels a little less... er... spammy. Unfortunately, several months ago, my laptop with the latest project files had some...
  2. Autofire

Play animation on specific actors

Doing this without plugins (or scripting) requires hiding the party members and then using events to stand in for the party, since you cannot do things directly to the party. If you're making a cutscene, the easiest way to do this is to fade out the screen, turn off player followers, and move...
  3. Autofire

How long should it take from pressing "Start Game" to player's first battle?

Right, sorry. I'll stop. I just enjoy talking about topics like this. I felt that, for the argument I wanted to make, it'd help if I was being clear with my definitions. But I got a little carried away... :kaosigh:
  4. Autofire

My bad. My description wasn't inclusive enough. By my definition, elections, musical performances, classes, and trials are all games. I only mentioned entertainment because it was most relevant to this topic and my experience. But you're absolutely right. Heck, we could consider this...
  5. Autofire

Wow, there's a lot going on here. Before I jump in, let me give my definitions of these things. I know it doesn't fit with other people's definitions, but at least it'll be clear where I stand. Feel free to debate my definitions, but let me remind you that this isn't the goal of this discussion...
  6. Autofire

Automatic vs. Manual stat increase on level ups

Yet another option is Dokapon Kingdom's system. You automatically gain stats when you level up (and the stats you gain depends on your job as well as previous jobs you've mastered), but have two points to allocate as well. This gives some guidance and makes sure you don't have anything too...
  7. Autofire

Linux, Steam and Ace Help

Yes, but many desktops uses the GPU, especially if they have some kind of transparency in them. I haven't checked, but I would be surprised if Windows 10 didn't make use of it.
  8. Autofire

Linux, Steam and Ace Help

The one thing I want to point out if they decide to use VBox: Make sure that, in the VBox settings, you enable 3D acceleration. It's off by default (I think), and it's vital if you want anything to run well.
  9. Autofire

Toggling Passage of Tiles with a specific Region ID, based on a Switch

Maybe you could treat the familiar as a vehicle? Out of the box, you can make your familiar able to cross water or able to fly. However, this doesn't have a ton of control and might not be right for what you're trying to do. So plugins might be the only other option. I can't think of any plugin...
  10. Autofire

Flexible and Powerful Tile Map Editor

I'm not sure if this is something that would be possible with what people are wanting, but... Having editor support for something like Yanfly's Gridfree Doodads would be nice. That system is pretty darn powerful, and it's a shame that it can't be better integrated with the editor itself.
  11. Autofire

How do I make Skills obtained with Items only available for a few actors/Pokemon tm's system.

@Ttoastty Alright, here you go! This is a pretty simplistic script; it just removes stuff from the list of skills depending on the plugin settings. But you cannot do some more complex checks. If I were to add anything else to this, I'd support a notetag. Then you could more easily control which...
  12. Autofire

Number of copies to recover your investment?

I could write something here, but I'll just link to this very relevant GDC talk on the topic.
  13. Autofire

Automatic vs. Manual stat increase on level ups

I'm surprised no one has brought up the Mario and Luigi RPGs. I know that those are quite different from RM RPGs, but still, they have a pretty good stat distribution scheme. Whenever one of the bros levels up, the player gets to choose a stat. Then they spin a roulette to determine how much...
  14. Autofire

custom attack on state expire bug? Yanfly States&Buffs

Oh yeah... forgot about that issue. That makes things... pretty hard. If I had the time I'd attempt to fix it, but I've heard it's pretty complex. I wasn't totally sure what was causing the issue. It kind of sounded like it had to do with the actor hitting themselves, causing something to...
  15. Autofire

RMMV Switches and Blades (Now Released!)

Thanks and you're welcome! I'm not totally sure, though my estimate is probably around 1 to 2 hours. I can beat the game in 30 minutes, but it took my brother that long just playing around in the first area, finding goodies. (Because, yes, there are secrets.) It also depends on how much you...
  16. Autofire

Action Game Maker

I feel like there's a point where a maker just isn't going to be as viable as a more extendable setup, like Unity, Unreal, Anura, etc. If PGM is not going to be easily extendable (i.e. the editor itself cannot be extended with plugins), it's going to be limited in some way or another. IMO, RMMV...
  17. Autofire

custom attack on state expire bug? Yanfly States&Buffs

There are a few possible solutions here, assuming I understood the problem correctly. You might want to implement more than one of these because they change some aspects of the mechanic, though that's up to you. Put <Reapply Ignore Turns> into your state's note box. I'm exactly sure what's...
  18. Autofire

Alternate systems of accuracy/evasion without using RNG

How about a stamina mechanic? It might be tricky to do, though you might be able to hack together a system that uses TP to track stamina. Stamina would determine dodge rates. Whenever a character gets attacked, they would usually attempt a dodge. While their stamina is high, they will almost...
  19. Autofire

Should I have repeatable questions or nonrepeatable questions in a mini-game show?

Just keep in mind that, if you go with the "repeatable questions" route, it could end up feeling a little silly. I've seen this before in both the Mega Man Battle Network and Mega Man Starforce series. They have optional quizes that can be beaten to obtain unique items. However, nothing stops...
  20. Autofire

How would you like to gain skills in a 5-9 hours RPG Maker game?

I'm not actually going to be pick any of these options, because they're all correct! ...Alright, that's a cop out. However, I'll have to agree with some of the other posters here and say that it largely depends on the game. I feel like this question puts you in the wrong state of mind, though...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aks2279