Search results

1. Bricabrac

Babel - program cutscenes from a text file

Babel A dialog system for RPG Maker MV Babel is a dialogue system made to program cutscenes without even opening RPG Maker! It allows you to keep all your dialogues in a text file, and to spruce them up with commands like "show this picture" or "change the value of this variable". You then call...
  2. Bricabrac

RMMV [DEMO] Selling Sunlight - Wandering Merchant RPG

Hello! The sun hasn't been particularly kind to us lately, but we remain determined to finish this game. See the burning area around Milan? We're there. Send help. June has mostly been a "putting the pieces together" month. The good news is that we're finally really, really close to releasing...
  3. Bricabrac

Hello! Time for our monthly update. Art As you may remember from our past devlog, all members of our art team (Anita, Lucy and Chiara) recently relocated to different cities. Now everyone is back at work, but this change created a challenge: Anita and Chiara now live 100kms apart. Anita is our...
  4. Bricabrac

Hello! In an improbable turn of events, our art team members (Anita, Chiara and Lucy) all moved to different cities, and for completely unrelated reasons, between January and February. They have been quite busy, so no fancy drawings to show you today: this time, we bring you menu screens...
  5. Bricabrac

Percentage of coders in the RPG Maker community

Oh hey! I'm part of the group of people who can code a little, but struggle to understand how the default code works. I can write my own "pseudo-plugins" by mixing events with my own functions, but I never managed to make my own plugins. I was wondering... I saw people in this topic lamenting...
  6. Bricabrac

Hello! Time for an update! We spent most of the Christmas break recoiling for 2018 and planning for the new year (*waves fist at Steam bureaucracy*), but we also worked on something new to show you: a preview of our shiny new UI! It’s SO EXTRA. WE ARE VERY EXCITED. Let us ramble a bit about...
  7. Bricabrac

Monthly update: THERE IS NO UPDATE. OH NOES. Last month has been a whirlwind of medical issues, assorted troubles and country-wide floods. We are good now, but we hadn't done much apart from coding and admin work. So no fancy screens this time. Apologies! We do, however, have one thing to show...
  8. Bricabrac

Thank you! ^^ There are indeed planets in our galaxy that are constantly facing the sun, and they might possibly harbor life. We read scientific papers like this to make sure the setting wasn't too far fetched! So the game is, like, 20% scientifically accurate.
  9. Bricabrac

Hello friends! Here's what we've been working on: MUSIC Our composer Devin Vibert sent us the theme song for the Orange City, and you can listen to it right now, HERE. Devin also made us some much-needed sound effects. They have been implemented into the game, and all the menus now bloops and...
  10. Bricabrac

[Solved] Help with "Select Key Item" script call

Oh! I am still a n00b scripter and had no idea about this. Works beautifully, thanks a lot!
  11. Bricabrac

[Solved] Help with "Select Key Item" script call

Hello! I am fighting with a small, maddening issue. I am using the "Select Key Item" script call ($gameMessage.setItemChoice(var, n)) in a common event. And it works well! My issue: the event runs the second script before I have selected an item in my window, and therefore throws me a "hey...
  12. Bricabrac

Hello! We are still alive, more or less. The heatwave in Italy has been unbearable, and we spent most of the month trying not to melt. Nevertheless, we armed ourselves with ice creams, fought the Sun, and managed to get some work done. Here's what we did: ART Chiara officially finished working...
  13. Bricabrac

We're back from holidays! Have a late update! ART Only one background left, and the Orange City will be done! All the backgrounds painted so far has been scanned, cut and put into the game. Now we only need to add the light effects. Before and after Chiara took a pause from the Orange City to...
  14. Bricabrac

What Version of RPG Maker MV are you still using?

I'm using 1.5.2, and plan to use it until I finish my project. I tried upgrading, but it broke too many of my scripts, so I decided to roll back.
  15. Bricabrac

Announcement Free Official Visual Novel Maker Resources

Great art style! Looking forward to try VNM once I'll have time to breathe again <3
  16. Bricabrac

Hello! Latest news: ART Chiara has been working on a brand new location, the Orange War Machine. This city has been built inside a gargantuan, abandoned war tank. "But wasn't this supposed to be a game without VIOLENCE?" asked Chiara's mom, all worried. She finished the splash screen and is...
  17. Bricabrac

DKTools - Advanced project testing and various functions

Oooh! Very interesting, thanks. Will try to use it to make custom selectable windows without becoming mad.
  18. Bricabrac

Monthly update! April has been a slow month; Bonus Stage has been a wonderful, but time-consuming experience, and we returned home with a devastating post-conference flu that knocked out the team for a whole week. Nevertheless, we managed to make some progress: ART Chiara finished the...
  19. Bricabrac

Exit game goes to specific map

I fear I'm not following you. Do you want the player to ALWAYS be transparent? If so, just use $gamePlayer.setTransparent(true) instead of using a switch. Or do you want to be able to choose wheter the player is transparent or not? According to what?
  20. Bricabrac

Exit game goes to specific map

No, it doesn't! Just pick a random number between 2, 4, 8 or 6 Choose a switch that you will use to decide whether the character will be transparent or not (es: number 1). Change the code to substitute the x with the Switch number, like this: $gamePlayer.setTransparent($gameSwitches._data[1])...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.
I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
Last week at SLC. Cali awaits. TBH I love SLC more than SF.
Back home now. I had a good time, but I had a checkup this morning so I had to come home for that. Now I'm just waiting for my therapist meeting tomorrow...
Decided to work on Wishful Wanda today. Since it's a BFB spinoff game, I decided to make the Huang brothers
Easter eggs! I'm actually pitching this to the BFDI team, btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamegialap