Search results

1. Setting a random number based on a variable

So, I happened to notice that the system has a method where you can set a variable to a random integer : But I can't seem to find a method to set a variable to a random number based on another variable. Does anyone know how to do that? So, instead of: x = a random number between 1 and 10 I'm...
  2. Changing Opacity of an Event via Variable

Long story made short, I want to make an event seemed to slowly fade in. The method I came up with would, theoretically, be using the Set Move Route function to: -Change the opacity based on a variable (I'm using the second one specifically) -Wait a frame Then simply change the value of the...
  3. Improving A "Sticky" Event

Basically, I've got an event that needs to move on the player tile with the player. Currently, I'm simply using variables to tell both the player's location (X, Y, and Z(Used to indicate map)) along with direction, and then simply having the event teleport to the character using a Parallel...
  4. Collecting parts of an actor's name

Basically, I'm wanting to have a spot where something has the player's initials. For example, if I end up making the player's last name "Jones" by default, and they choose the first name "Andrew", then the object may end up saying either "A. Jones" or simply "AJ" based on which one I eventually...
  5. Adding Stealth Missions

Alright, basically, I just want to have a part of my game where the player has to stealthily sneak around without stepping into guards' line of vision. I would just create an array of invisible events that would trigger a battle or something when touched, but I'm worried that might lead to all...
  6. Using a Variable in a nickname

Long story made short, I'm nearly finished with my game, but I do have something that I'm a bit hung up on. At the end of the game, the player is given a score based on numerous factors (ex: gold, battle count, etc), but afterward, it's impossible to review your score. I do have an effective...
  7. Changing a Timer

So, I recently purchased RPG Maker VX Ace :) and I'm pretty content with it, but I've run into a problem. For my game, I have a spot where a certain portion of the game has to be completed within a certain time frame, otherwise bad things happen (I think I'll make it an automatic game over, but...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan