Search results

1. Maus Merryjest

Obtain Level of ActorID

Okay, so in my game I have eight potential players in the party. This is a work in progress, but I basically plan on disabling the auto-level function in order to replicate the Ultima style of leveling up, where players could accumulate XP and then meditate at one of the eight shrines of virtue...
  2. Maus Merryjest

Modified Leveling System: Ultima VI Style

I'm interested in an alternate system for leveling. It is based on the Ultima VI style of leveling: Level cap happens at level 8. Leveling up is not automatic. Instead, the character has to interact with a specific NPC (or shrine), which will effect the level-up.  Each NPC/Shrine raises...
  3. Maus Merryjest

Ultima-Like NPC schedule in MV?

I’m not entirely sure if there is a best practice for what I have in mind here, or whether this is the correct place to post this… let me tell you what I have in mind: I don’t know how many of you have ever played the Ultima games, but if you ever played Ultima VI, VII and VII part 2, you...
  4. Maus Merryjest

Skills Evolve on level-Up

My concept is pretty simple: I would like for there to be a system in place in order to avoid 'spell/skill inflation.' In most RPGs, the skills you start out with aren't the skills you end up using at the end. That "Fire 1" and "Cure 1" are seldom ever used in favor of the more powerful versions...
  5. Maus Merryjest

Looping Animation on Status Effect

My request really is very simple: To have a plugin that allows for looping animations to play over the character for as long as a status effect is present. The animation would be specified in the status effect's note box (<animation id: 12>) and whatever animation is displayed when there are...
  6. Maus Merryjest

Use up TP to boost MP gauge - questions

I'm turning to you guys for help, as I seem to be drawing a blank on how to exactly do this- I think it'll require a script call from a common event. My Concept: A skill that basically uses up all of the character's accumulated TP at the moment and adds that amount to the character's MP. The...
  7. Maus Merryjest

Comic Bubble Dialogue Text

My request isn't terribly complicated: I would like a plugin that modifies message windows, similar to a script that existed for Ace: -Aesthetically, it would make message windows look like the dialogue bubbles from a comic book: -I would like for the script to be activated by a command in...
  8. Maus Merryjest

YEP BattleEngineCore may invalidate sealed skills and certain resistances

So, I was experimenting with the YEP plugins and having a good amount of fun... but then I noticed something that I think is a bug. Background for the problem:   I had this idea of this character who could fly as one of her powers, and while she was flying she was far less vulnerable to...
  9. Maus Merryjest

Emotion Portraits [Ace] Wanted

I've sort of burned myself out right now and I'm suffering from some artistic exhaustion. I need emotion portraits of the playable/unlockable characters in my game, but right now I'm too drained and blocked to tackle it successfully. I've modified the portraits where needed to make them into...
  10. Maus Merryjest

Water-Walking Script [ACE]

I would like to grant the party the ability to walk on otherwise impassable tiles, such as water, when they have a specific item equipped (such as water-walking boots)- it could work using terrain tags. How difficult might this be?
  11. Maus Merryjest

Water Reflections

For a very modest commercial game, I'd like the ability to reflect characters and events-particularly for water surfaces. I am aware that TDS has an excellent script available, but unfortunately it is under a non-commercial license and he never licenses public scripts for commercial games. His...
  12. Maus Merryjest

Ah, l'amour~ Let's talk about romance in games!

I usually don't care for romance in games unless they actually serve a purpose. There are a lot of games that have romances that come out of nowhere, and that honestly feels like trying to cash in on the silly woovle foovle sentimentality (Oh, hi, Tidus and Yuna... you two should have drowned in...
  13. Maus Merryjest

Loyalty and Relationship-Based Covering

One thing that I've noticed is missing in ace (which seems like an oversight, considering all the nice things they did add) is the ability for the player to specify loyalty patterns for characters, or even specify targets for covering. When "Cover" is an active state, the character will take...
  14. Maus Merryjest

YSA Order Gauge: Disappearing Icons [Ace]

I'm using Yami's add-on script ( found here http://yamiworld.wor...-on-order-gauge ), which shows the order of battlers in a turn using an icon gauge. I'm using the YACE system along with Victor's animated battlers (using the compatibility patch), and I've noticed a little issue: If a...
  15. Maus Merryjest

Three Scripts for Victor's combat system:

Victor's new combat feature, The Map Turn Battle, a system reminiscent of the Chrono Trigger series, isn't compatible with the YEA system, and he doesn't have any plans of including compatibility with YEA yet, as he did with his animated battlers. This feature requires Victor Engine – Basic...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
Helldivers is so much fun!
Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phihhim