Search results

1. Pots Talos

Do you enjoy voice acting in rpgs?

I tend to read faster than any voice acting so full voice is wasted on me. I do like "barks" or one liners or whatever people call them and battle voices.
  2. Pots Talos

There is nothing wrong with taking a break until you feel motivated again.

There is nothing wrong with taking a break until you feel motivated again.
  3. Pots Talos

Turn switch on while actor has state and turn it off when they don't (battles)

If you have Yanflys Buffs and States plugin this can be easily done with the Apply and Leave effects. You would just need to add these into the state note box: <Custom Apply Effect> $gameSwitches.setValue(num, true); </Custom Apply Effect> <Custom Leave Effect>...
  4. Pots Talos

How can you use the OR in the conditional branch?

@minhanthongminh There is no limit to a script call that I am aware of. Are you using this:
  5. Pots Talos

RMMZ Is there a way to prevent the player from skipping through text?

What I have done in the past is have the text appear as a picture so I can have it stay on the screen as long as I want. I did this to synch with BGM but I would recommend being careful with this method because I have seen people complain they couldn't read the text fast enough.
  6. Pots Talos

Ranking Every Final Fantasy I remember playing (AKA: Touchfuzzy Chooses Violence)

I replay the FF series around every 5 years starting from FF1 to whatever the current title is (not counting MMOs even though I have played them). I’ll just list my top 5 so that I don’t make a post that is too long to read. :D 1: Final Fantasy Tactics – Best story and great gameplay. I don’t...
  7. Pots Talos

@Walldeaf Very nice!

@Walldeaf Very nice!
  8. Pots Talos

@minhanthongminh You could also add AND (&&) into script call too. So using your above screen shot I don't know what the variable number is for the X and Y so in this script I just used 1 for X and 2 for Y ($gameVariables.value(1) == 15 && $gameVariables.value(2) == 12) ||...
  9. Pots Talos

RMMV MV3D: use light and ambient at start

I start all my games on a blank black map that autoruns everything I need to setup the game. End the event with a fadeout and transition to the map that the player starts in. I'm not familiar with MV3D though so this might be different.
  10. Pots Talos

Best way to move NPCS/Event locations at different points in a story?

@Andar Yes that can work and is recommend if you don't have a lot of events but if you have a lot of different event location changes this can create confusing maps where there are events everywhere and make it hard to find a specific event.
  11. Pots Talos

I just created a thread in the plugin section that is awaiting approval and it has my plugin that runs a common event on map transfer. Edit: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/map-transfer-common-event.139917/
  12. Pots Talos

Map Transfer Common Event

Map Transfer - Version 1.20 RPG Maker MV Plugin Horizon's End Details: Runs common events that are listed in the plugin parameter every time the player changes maps. Screenshot: Features: Run a common event on map change. Disable and enable system via script call. How to Use - Copy the...
  13. Pots Talos

I would use a common event that checks the variable and moves the events based on that. This will remove the need for event pages. Something like this:
  14. Pots Talos

I've been listening to a lot of Final Fantasy LoFi mixes on YouTube recently. It's great...

I've been listening to a lot of Final Fantasy LoFi mixes on YouTube recently. It's great background music while working on Gjallarhorn. Anyone have some recommendations for background music?
  15. Pots Talos

Looks great!

Looks great!
  16. Pots Talos

You can use a script call in the conditional branch for this. $gameVariables.value(1) == 15 || $gameVariables.value(1) == 13 The || is OR
  17. Pots Talos

Price Calculating for RPGs 2021

@Storyteller-Hero There is no competing with a big dev company like Square Enix so why even compare? The Great Gaias is there for someone who wants an experience similar or better than a FF game. I have no delusions in thinking if some new player is looking at an FF game and my game that they...
  18. Pots Talos

Price Calculating for RPGs 2021

I would just like to point out that I shouldn't have lowered the price of The Great Gaias from $29.99 to $19.99. This is my first title and I know it is worth the $29.99 not only because of my own opinion but there are now reviews and other sources saying it is worth the price. I only lowered...
  19. Pots Talos

Merchant-based RPG

Chapter 3 of Dragon Quest 4 you get to play as Taloon the arms merchant He was my favorite when I was a kid.
  20. Pots Talos

How much money can you realistically make ona RPG maker game?

I made decent money on my first title, less than I'd hoped for but I had unrealistic expectations. It was enough for me to fund my next game though so I'll consider that a win. The goal now is for my second title to double the profit I made from the first. If I can do that I'll probably quit my...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Holy cow, I have made Row Formation work again with OTB!

Now, my devious machinations can finally be born...
finished the second chapter of deltarune today, I gotta say that the 3 years wait was worth it lol
Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purrski