Search results

1. Kyutaru

The problem here isn't that the sentence can be true or false, the problem is you're incorrectly...

The problem here isn't that the sentence can be true or false, the problem is you're incorrectly limiting the choices to only true or false. It's like saying "What am I?" The options are American and Male... both are only half the answer and the choice of Both has been left out.
  2. Kyutaru

3/4th or Sideview: Opinions?

The Mario games, Castlevania, Tales of XXX series, that Valkyrie game, there's lots of side-style RPGs that tend to incorporate some measure of action platforming because it fits with the side-view.  Heck, Half-minute Hero is sort of an RPG of its own.  Rather than just going for side-scroll to...
  3. Kyutaru

D&D Module resuming development, class implementations underway then first release

D&D Module resuming development, class implementations underway then first release
  4. Kyutaru

How much weight should equipment have vs PC levels?

Personally I feel the balance is half and half.  Not all players are going to want to grind the game.  Some players will attempt to rush the content and complete the game without fulfilling any sidequests at all.  These players will have fewer levels at the end game.  Equipment should exist as...
  5. Kyutaru

What if Disney made an RPG that isn't Kingdom Hearts?

The Disney company motto is hook them while they're young.  Twenty-five years later, people are still buying their stuff from nostalgic childhood memories.
  6. Kyutaru

Will a Platformer/turn based RPG work?

mainly because castlevania wasn't really an rpg.  it has stats and levels, but you can't customize them at all and they merely serve as a way to allow unskilled players to still progress in the castle through grinding.  It's a dedicated action platformer with a score of items to collect, as much...
  7. Kyutaru

what's the best game maker for just being the absolute easiest and most fun to use to make commercia

Ace is pretty easy to use, mate.  It doesn't require any programming skill, it's all based on the scripting language Ruby.  It's like kindergarten for programmers.  If you want something that has specific features like your tiled-based strategy game, using a design program specifically made...
  8. Kyutaru

I save, I load it and it breaks?

I have bad news.  Also good news.  But first the bad news. The script appears to be fine at first glance.  I imported it and the basic module in a brand new project and I was able to run my game just fine.  I was able to save my game, load my game, quit my game, come back to the game, and I...
  9. Kyutaru

Wow really?  The space wasn't it?  Being the obvious bug would have been too easy I guess.  Well then, let's analyze the code in technical terms. I don't think that $game_custom_formation is the issue because the code successfully made it through the case statement.  If the space has been...
  10. Kyutaru

You have a space inserted where no space should be.  [:x] is not a valid argument by itself, it needs to be connected physically to the rest of the statement.  Delete the space before [:x].
  11. Kyutaru

Then you probably should considering it has exactly what you're describing.
  12. Kyutaru

I wonder if you've played this RPG series... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/108_Stars_of_Destiny_%28Suikoden%29
  13. Kyutaru

Rather be gliding through the streets of New York causing primal terror and justice beating up criminals as king of the Gargoyles.
  14. Kyutaru

Or Arkham City with you playing Goliath instead of Batman.
  15. Kyutaru

But Kingdom Hearts was only good because of the Square characters... people don't love it for Donald and Goofy, they love it for Sora and Riku.
  16. Kyutaru

split screen. nothing is more intense than playing Goldeneye on the 64 while watching your...

split screen. nothing is more intense than playing Goldeneye on the 64 while watching your opponent's screen intently, mapping the level routes in your head.
  17. Kyutaru

D&D Module on hold till the release of Fifth Edition this month.

D&D Module on hold till the release of Fifth Edition this month.
  18. Kyutaru

What makes a "Stealth Game" good and exciting?

Failure.  Horrible disgusting failure makes stealth games exciting.  Having to repeat the same stage of Metal Gear Solid over and over again until you succeed in NOT summoning fourteen guards is what's exciting.
  19. Kyutaru

Battle Engine Symphony

I've said this a bunch of times already, but man... one thousand good turns deserve yet another. This is the greatest script that has ever been created for RPG Anything.  Ever. It could be even better, but that's just me being greedy.  It already does enough once you figure out how it really...
  20. Kyutaru

What do you prefer HP bars or scan?

Depends on whether you can one-shot enemies or not.  If you can, then it's imperative to NOT provide HP bars.  Reason being that you can create interesting enemies that need to be beaten in specific ways beyond just smashing the attack button.  A weakness becomes apparent when you hit the enemy...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YSYSTRPG