Search results

1. Can you change the ADV message box buttons? / Title screen button error

Got it. That worked out perfectly, thank you so much Archeia :thumbsup-left:
  2. Can you change the ADV message box buttons? / Title screen button error

Yes I do have it set as the Intro scene and the thread you linked does seem to be what I'm looking for but I don't have an ingame UI folder to paste the Template_Message_Box script into. If that's the case, do I need to make one myself or do I need to put it somewhere else?
  3. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

Oh my bad, here's a screenshot of the console before and after export.
  4. Can you change the ADV message box buttons? / Title screen button error

It's made with a scene. And I named it "Demo Title Screen"
  5. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

Thanks Kentou, I did open the debug menu. (Didn't know about it until you mentioned it now.) I did get several error messages, mostly about files being missing. I took screenshots of them so you can see. Do any of these errors explain the issue?
  6. Alignment Choises in Visual Novel Maker

I've never been able to move the choices but when I needed to create buttons or choices that didn't fit those positions. Instead I used hotspots that when clicked on would change the scene to where I wanted them to go.
  7. Can you change the ADV message box buttons? / Title screen button error

I've been trying to change my game's message box to the ADV style one, to take advantage of the buttons on the side for saving/loading etc. All the buttons work as expected except for the title screen button, for some reason instead of taking me to the main menu I made it takes me to a default...
  8. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

Sure thing, I have a mega upload link here https://mega.nz/folder/M8p3zRja#CEINCcb-K7ZHY8SvHpvkDw Btw, just as a warning. The game is nsfw. I don't think you'll need to start the game but I thought it'd be best to let you know just in case.
  9. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

Yes that is how I made the package. I used the top menu and create game package. I've repeatedly made packages to check if it was a fluke but every time I make a new one it has the same issue.
  10. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

That's right, I don't see any package.json file. And thanks for checking for me Kentou. If it helps Im running High Sierra.
  11. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

I checked now and I don't see the package file here. How do I get one? I've tried re-exporting new versions but it never appears.
  12. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

Sure thing, I've attached a screenshot of it below.
  13. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

This is for VNM not MV but I did try to whitelist it and even disabled firewall to see if it'd work on mac but got the same error. I also had admin permissions but again, same error.
  14. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

Well it says they're on Mojave not Catalina. And I do have access to a mac and have replicated the issue but how would I go about solving it? I started using this engine b/c I'm not very good at programming.
  15. Mac Version doesn't work? NW.JS Screen

People that've been trying the mac version of my game are getting this gray screen error where the game doesn't load and instead shows the window as "NW.JS" I've attached a screenshot of it. The windows and web versions work fine, it's only the mac version that has this issue. Does anyone know...
  16. Web Version of Games doesn't work on Microsoft Edge?

Ah ok thanks for letting me know.
  17. Web Version of Games doesn't work on Microsoft Edge?

I've gotten some complaints about a web version of my vn on newgrounds not loading in certain browsers or getting stuck in textboxes, specifically Microsoft Edge. When I tell them to switch to Chrome the issues go away but is there any way for the games to not have issues in these other browsers?
  18. Character names sometimes don't appear

Yes, I even checked on export. Though I did find a solution while messing around, basically I had to copy a common event from a previous game of "show message box" and paste it in this version. This one worked correctly and I was able to change the details of it without any issue. I still...
  19. Character names sometimes don't appear

I've noticed that in certain instances that character's names don't appear in the textboxes. For reference, the common event I've been using to show the message box is identical to the default one, except for switching out the image for a semi transparent gray rectangle and changing the name...
  20. Is randomizing scenes/events possible?

Update: Caethyril's solution does in fact work. I've attached a screenshot of a test I made that was successful. Thank you very much for the help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.
This was originally made for a "castle" challenge, but we just decided to keep it for our actual game :)

1632415929108.png
Would a simple item rarity plugin be useful to someone? Basically, you would set notetag to an item to set its rarity and it would change the text colour of the item.
Stuff that bothers me: When I answer resource requests and the people don't even bother to answer wheather that was what they needed or say thank you in any way.
I'm tempted to leave the Fight/Escape choice in the Boss Battle submission and make Escape pop up Nedry from Jurassic Park: "Uh uh unh!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Petue