Yes I do have it set as the Intro scene and the thread you linked does seem to be what I'm looking for but I don't have an ingame UI folder to paste the Template_Message_Box script into. If that's the case, do I need to make one myself or do I need to put it somewhere else?
Thanks Kentou, I did open the debug menu. (Didn't know about it until you mentioned it now.) I did get several error messages, mostly about files being missing. I took screenshots of them so you can see. Do any of these errors explain the issue?
I've never been able to move the choices but when I needed to create buttons or choices that didn't fit those positions. Instead I used hotspots that when clicked on would change the scene to where I wanted them to go.
I've been trying to change my game's message box to the ADV style one, to take advantage of the buttons on the side for saving/loading etc. All the buttons work as expected except for the title screen button, for some reason instead of taking me to the main menu I made it takes me to a default...
Sure thing, I have a mega upload link here https://mega.nz/folder/M8p3zRja#CEINCcb-K7ZHY8SvHpvkDw
Btw, just as a warning. The game is nsfw. I don't think you'll need to start the game but I thought it'd be best to let you know just in case.
Well it says they're on Mojave not Catalina. And I do have access to a mac and have replicated the issue but how would I go about solving it? I started using this engine b/c I'm not very good at programming.
People that've been trying the mac version of my game are getting this gray screen error where the game doesn't load and instead shows the window as "NW.JS" I've attached a screenshot of it. The windows and web versions work fine, it's only the mac version that has this issue.
Does anyone know...
I've gotten some complaints about a web version of my vn on newgrounds not loading in certain browsers or getting stuck in textboxes, specifically Microsoft Edge. When I tell them to switch to Chrome the issues go away but is there any way for the games to not have issues in these other browsers?
Yes, I even checked on export.
Though I did find a solution while messing around, basically I had to copy a common event from a previous game of "show message box" and paste it in this version. This one worked correctly and I was able to change the details of it without any issue. I still...
I've noticed that in certain instances that character's names don't appear in the textboxes. For reference, the common event I've been using to show the message box is identical to the default one, except for switching out the image for a semi transparent gray rectangle and changing the name...
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.